• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Glyph is a mod!" Tournament: DABUZ IS THE WINNER!!!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Update 12/5: Well since there are still many first round matches to be done, you leave me no choice.................... but to extend the deadline a bit =D
I'll be rearranging the schedule a bit to allow more people to actually play in this tourney. I don't want to have to disqualify every other person so try and be here Saturday =D
You guys haven't forgotten this is for Glyph, have you? We can't let this tourney fail =D

Yet Another Update 12/1: I've also decided to have a prize! *Throws confetti* I will be awarding 1st place 1000 Wii Points! and 2nd place will receive 500 Wii Points! Sorry 3rd place, but you won't be getting anything this time. Unless I feel generous and decide to give the extra 500 Wii points to you, otherwise the most I can do is give you a congratulatory High-Five via the internet =D

Oh and the Bracket is being made right now! (Long Update...)

Update 12/1: I've decided to do this on December 6th/7th, so this weekend. I hope it doesn't cause to much trouble but I don't want to wait two weeks to do this. Half of you would probably forget if I did. Fortunately this has filled up very quickly so you still have this week to do your first round, and maybe even your second if you're quick enough. If you can not make this tourney be sure to tell me ASAP so that I can sub a replacement in for you, thanks =D

Update 11/30: I want to know what you guys think the best date to have this will be. Decemeber 6th/7th is a bit soon but it can be done and December 20th/21st is on the same date as the awesome "Cosby Bebop". I'm personally leading towards having it this weekend.

So as most of us know Glyph has recently become a mod. Now its not everyday one of us OTL regulars obtain that status so I figured I'd host an online tourney to sort of celebrate. I needed an excuse to make one anyways :)

I will be sending out invites to most of the OTL regulars and they will have reserved spots in the tourney. I said most because I'll probably forget some of you. This whole reserved spot thing might not be necessary but I'm doing it anyways.
I'll also allow anyone else join, regardless of post count. I want to be able to trust some of the new SWF members and so I'm giving them a chance. I'll also be sending out reminders to those people I don't know just to be sure. To the people I do know I expect you to show up, you shouldn't need someone else reminding you by now ;)

Date and Times

I've decided to do this tourney on December 6th/7th so make sure you're here for this. I'll still be sending out a few reminders just in case.

I doubt many people even go by the times (I never did anyways) but I'll still post a general schedule just for the hell of it =D

Times:

The schedule is in Eastern Time btw

Round 1: All week - 4:00pm Saturday
Round 2: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Saturday
Round 3: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Saturday
Winner Semi's: 8:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday
Winner Finals 10:00pm - Midnight

Loser Bracket Schedule:

Round 1: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Saturday
Round 2: 6:00pm - 8:00 pm Saturday
Round 3: 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Round 4: 10:00pm - Into early Sunday
Round 5: Noon - 4:00pm Sunday
Loser Semi's 4:00pm - 6:00pm Sunday
Loser Finals 6:00pm - 8:00pm Sunday

Finals!!!

8:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday

Now I think I did this correctly, but if you notice any problems please let me know

And of course rounds are allowed to be done faster than the schedule. This is more of a deadline =D

I'll be lenient with people regarding their matches being done on time, but you should know that There will be DQ's if necessary. So just try and check in every so often to avoid that :)

Basic Rules

I am making this standard tournament, no themes here, cause I don't feel like it.

- Best 2/3
- Finals best 3/5
- 3 stock
- Double Elimination
- No items (of course)
- No time limit (I never used it anyways)

I don't think it's really necessary to post a list of what's banned and what isn't. Most of you should know by now. But if you don't know just ask or something.

Oh and just to make sure everyone knows. This is Double Elimination, so if you lose your first match don't leave, because you'll still have another chance =D

Prize

Yes there will be a prize now. I will be giving 1000 Wii Points to the winner and 500 Wii Points to 2nd place! I just need to figure out how, it can't be that hard though =D

Stages

Starter

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island

Counter-Pick

- Brinstar
- Castle Siege
- Corneria
- Delfino
- Distant Planet
- Frigate Orpheon
- Green Hill Zone
- Halberd
- Jungle Japes
- Luigi's Mansion
- Lylat Cruise
- Norfair
- Pictochat
- Pirate Ship
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Pokémon Stadium 2
- Rainbow Cruise
- Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Bracket

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=300230

Entrants

1. GLYPH!
2. Samusbrawler
3. Barge
4. Aryman
5. Shadowfirex100
6. Havokk
7. istudying
8. Teran17
9. cba
10. GFE
11. TwistHeli)(
12. Yaya
13. Snare
14. cheap_josh
15. PhoenixoKaZe
16. Halaster
17. Rikuzu
18. LordoftheMorning
19. bunnyma
20. X Shinigami X
21. raydude
22. Fatmanonice
23. Rythe
24. Falchion-
25. ReoZeo
26. Royalblood
27. Shogun_Fox
28. Owndizzl3r_Ownag3
29. Salem
30. Dabuz
31. ~StarDust~
32. Exia 00
Waiting List

1. Abrahamman
2. kook_U

Because the reserved positions hold a higher priority over the rest, I may end up having to put some of you that didn't receive invitations on a waiting list. If this is the case then I apologize.

Hope I get 32 people in this, but how can I not, this is for Glyph after all!

Glyph Edit: Samusbrawler is top freaking tier.

Samusbrawler Edit: Cool mod powers lol

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Glyph better join this!
I'll just go ahead and add you three

Actually I'm forcing Glyph to join this, I'll put his name up first :chuckle:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Count me in. *Crosses fingers for Aryman not being first opponent*

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I guess I've already joined this one XD

Thanks Samusbrawler, I appreicate it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Thanks for joining

and no problem Glyph =D

Halaster

Smash Ace
Congratulations Glyph!

I'll join. I'll take any excuse to fiddle around with all the characters I've been using lately.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
oops I messed up the date, I was looking at the November Calendar :embarrass
Hmmm... when should I do this...

I'll add you all right away :)

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I'm in because Samusbrawler told me to =O. There are no character restrictions?

Oh yeah. Do you suppose we can have this on the later date and post the brackets early so I can get matches done ahead of time (like what barge does)? I really have trouble doing a ton of matches on weekends because people are always using the TV.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah I thought about that too....

I think I might have this on the later date and maybe have a practice tourney this weekend.

EDIT: Spots are filling up nicely! I wonder how many people will join...

Adding you now bunnyma =D

cba

Smash Master
this is filling out faster than i thought...
you could even start bracket #1 if you wanted to.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
No I'm Samusbrawler :)

Adding everyone right away

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm P-ing my RSV but I haven't tested my new LAN connector yet. Still, I'd love to be a part of this even though this weekend is my 21st birthday. (Yes, I'm going to do things exactly like they were done in Conker's Bad Fur Day.)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'll add you anyways FMOI, hope your connection works =D

and thanks for joining Peachy =D

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Added all of you. Thanks for joining ^_^

Almost full in less than a day, this must be a record or something!

Top Bottom