• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GKBrawl! - Read my first post.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Guys, we all know that I will be winning low-tiers. It's like... no contest. ^_^

same rules, and like yoshi doin his chaingrabs and stuff
Yoshi can't chain-grab Ness...

...but he can u-air him out of release. :laugh:

:069:

Curaga

Smash Ace
SSBB low tier and Street Fighter 4 wins it as the side events!

Door open at 11AM; this will be added to the OP. Registration will last until noon for doubles; and will only be postponed if a pre-registered player notifies us of >slight< tardiness.

Brawl Doubles will commence; followed by a brief break period then Brawl Singles will begin.

After singles; we will commence with StreetFighter 4 and then Brawl Low Tier to finish off the festivities.

For those player who were hoping for melee.. you'll be sure to LOVE our NEXT event!

idk, i only enter singles alot and hate the door fee -_-.
They still make $ bc your forced to pay for doubs instead of door fee.
This place does door fee & takes from the pot btw, hidden from the 1st post.
I never see tounaments do both..
Oh & the 60/30/10 payout.

I'll go to this one maybe but if it stays like that, ill prolly dodge the rest.
Everything else seems good, havent been there in person yet though.
Well I openly discuss the deduction from the pot. The idea behind the door fee is that you are paying for use the arcade; its not just tournament tournament tournament, you have free reign to all freedoms that a day at GK rewards you with. And rather than having singles be 15 dollars; we decided that having a door fee that can be bypassed means that people can enter both tournaments and not drop more than 20 dollars. It also goes to promote the health and success of both events by encouraging players to enter. The more people participating, the more fun!

Also, if you bring a Wii and Brawl that can be used for tournament/friendlies (I think the total number that we would like is.. 14?) you can just enter singles for 10 dollars and enjoy the rest that GK has to offer.

As far as feed-back, thoughts, concerns opinions.. present them in PM form or discuss it with me in person at the event. I love the feedback because it'll go a long way for us to ensure that future events are even better!

vericz

Smash Champion
SSBB low tier and Street Fighter 4 wins it as the side events!

Door open at 11AM; this will be added to the OP. Registration will last until noon for doubles; and will only be postponed if a pre-registered player notifies us of >slight< tardiness.

Brawl Doubles will commence; followed by a brief break period then Brawl Singles will begin.

After singles; we will commence with StreetFighter 4 and then Brawl Low Tier to finish off the festivities.

For those player who were hoping for melee.. you'll be sure to LOVE our NEXT event!
can you make melee on saturday

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, I'd like to know... whose idea was it to have this on a Sunday? >_>

I'm not complaining, it's just that it seems illogical to me.

Curaga

Smash Ace
OP has been updated with side-events as well as Hours and registration times.

Side Event Tournaments!!:

BRAWL LOW TIER!!
Singles: Including all characters D Tier and below on Tier List 3.0.

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

As well as..

STREET FIGHTER IV!!

Volcano stage is banned;
All characters welcome.
2/3 Rounds 2/3 Matches
99 Second Timer

=====================================

Brawl Low Tier will be run as a 100 WINNER TAKES ALL with $3 entry.
Street Fighter 4 will be run as a 60 1st/40 2nd with $5 entry.

Yeah, I'd like to know... whose idea was it to have this on a Sunday? >_>

I'm not complaining, it's just that it seems illogical to me.

It was collectively RXgaming and GK's decision initially due to circumstances concerning overcrowding as well as tournament disruptions on-set by non-tournament customers. For the comfort and health of the event it was necessary for us to place it on a Sunday so that all focus would be placed on the tournament to promote its success.

In this upcoming event we have the ability to have 9 Wiis in use for tournament and 6 for friendlies; as well as have 10 X-Box 360s open to promote friendlies in other games because of our choice to hold the event on Sunday. Thats 25 set ups active simultaneously. Much better than standing around for 45 minutes waiting for your turn to play a friendly.

We are currently discussing the pros and cons of holding our next event on a Saturday. Which before everyone goes crazy; is not a public discussion and I won't be responding to ideas or criticism unless shared privately or in person.

:) Just know that we're trying really really hard to plan out really fun events for the gaming community.

====

Oh, and considering we have over half of the FL PR attending as well as a concentration of interest is it possible to get this stickied? :O

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hmmmm.......Winner takes all Low Tier. Time to whip Zelda into awesomeness and beat down Polt!!

R@vyn....I always heard Zelda+Pit was nasty on teams but for right now I'm teamed up with Polmex until anything changes.

Lade: You is crazy if you think your Ike is gonna win. Seriously crazy. That is all.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I'm really looking forward to this. Btw I like that this tourney is on a sunday. I didn't have to ask for time off at work or anything because its on a Sunday. Plus sundays are always boring might as well brawl lol.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
hmmmm i can go ike in low tier singles....

no contest... my ike is the best in FL... (behind ryo.)

Curaga

Smash Ace
You guys have to remember you'll be encountering a lot of players that the Orlando scene hasn't interacted with; so I don't know if anyone can really proclaim they'll win it!!

Also; I need to make a list of people bringing Wiis; we only need 15. Get on this list now and know your door fee is free. For everyone else; if the list isn't filled or people on the list don't show up; we'll be making a list at the door (First come first serve) of people who will not have to pay door fee.

Also; door fee will also be waived if you bring Streetfighter IV and a Hard-drive for the XBOX360. We have a couple dozen XBOX 360s so don't worry about the consoles! Just controllers/pads/sticks for yourself

So far we have:

Wiis + Brawl
8/15

1. GameKnights
2. GameKnights
3. RXgaming.net
4. GoParagon.net
5. Fezz
6. CO18
7. Spike
8. ScaryLB59
9. Seibrik
10. Chaz

XBOX360 Hard-drives + SF4
3/6

1. GameKnights
2. GoParagon.net
3. CanadianDestroyer
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Only way I might lose this is if GA (Kismet) comes down and I choose to airdodge into a full charged up smash again :p

And i'm bringing a wii/brawl.
So will Chaz.

-Is teaming with chaz for this-

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm aimming for top five at least, and I'm recording this time... if I go...

Top Bottom