• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Smash Lord
See the problem with me is I can beat games fast (rather I have to much time and play too much) i've already beat the story in galaxy, I have 71 stars so i'll probably collect them all in the next couple days.
Need something to take up a bunch of time huh...... Well you could always spend some time trying to beat the Pac-Man world record. ;)

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if you can really beat Super Mario 64. I mean it has METAL FREAKING MARIO!

I'll definitely be buying Galaxy once I get a Wii. I just need money Q_Q

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Hearing that DK's giant punch has less range makes me sad. It was hard enough to get close and land it. Ohhh well, atleast his grabs are the same.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
my new wii is sitting in my girlfriend's closet, and i can't do ANYTHING about it!!! :cry: xmas is taking too long. at least i have brawl preordered. galaxy looks like the sex. that's gonna be the first game i buy, then corruption. yayuhz.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Question

Is it possible to airdodge after a SH as an approach and do an aerial, so the chance of being damaged during you approach being very small, with the new air dodge mechanics?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Thought I'd chime in on mario galaxy. Just got the game a couple of days ago, have 30-something stars. So far, it blows mario 64 out of the water. It's like super mario bros 3 compared to super mario bros, with sunshine being super mario bros 2. I know that comparison's been made a lot, but it's true.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
that's one of the most generic power ups in the history of the "power up" concept lol

anyways, we cant have mario galaxy SPOILERS in here so be careful

i'm off to a tournament see ya

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Just commenting on that well made video.

"Teirs Don exits?
<.<
>.>
Ike =garbage"

^^
Funniest part. lol.

M.K

Level 55
Ahahaha, you are real funny in your Tier List description.

"Some of you want a tier list...uhm. You know, WHY???? We played the god **** ****ing game for 3 DAYS AND IT WASN'T THE REAL GAME!"

Haha, exaggerations included.

M.K

Level 55
Actually, I would like to know more about Sonic. Sonic was someone that I don't really understand....

If you could talk about him and the usage of "enhancing" Final Smashes with items (i.e. Super Sonic with Smoke Ball), in your next (amazing) Brawl Talk, that would be awesome!!!!

Oh yeah, and can you mention my name? If you can, that would be fantastic!

Asyo

Smash Rookie
I don't see what everyone is whining about. It's a new game. I want it to be different from melee but still awesome. :) As long as there's DI, and the game isn't filled with characters that are too weak or too powerful relative to each other, there'll be room for competition.

Different characters are going to be good. There's probably at least another 20-30 characters that were not in the demo. We don't know yet how good they are in relation to the ones in the demo. Just because Metaknight seems powerful in relation to the demo characters doesn't mean that he will be in the final version.

Just because aerial lag is reduced in general doesn't mean that no one will ever get grabbed again. As long as there is a shield, there'll be ways to pressure your opponent into shielding so you can grab them. If they always buffer a sidestep after approaching with an aerial, that'll be punishable too. And who is to say that there won't be new advanced techniques discovered? they've only had the demo of the game for one day. Many of melee's advanced techniques took years to discover and implement.
I agree with this 100 %

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
gimpy dont know if this was suggested but could you talk about what stages are going to be allowed in tourny and what stages arent going to be allowed. from the demo play of course.

Mike87

Smash Ace
my new wii is sitting in my girlfriend's closet, and i can't do ANYTHING about it!!! :cry: xmas is taking too long. at least i have brawl preordered. galaxy looks like the sex. that's gonna be the first game i buy, then corruption. yayuhz.
Thats nothing a bottle of chloroform cant fix.

bowser is freakin awesome in this game
You like Bowser? Since when did this happen?:p

Igneous42

Smash Ace
thats a great idea, even for non-tourney battles.
P.S. i like your username. it sounds like 'ignite,' like fire or something
Yeah, I know some traditional fighting games have that options. Like DOA 4.

And my username is fire related. Igneous is one of the three kinda or rocks, the other two beaing metamorphic and sedimentary. Igneous rocks are rocks are pretty much like molten rocks (I think). End of random science lesson

And I just watched ep 1, the best part is you sense of humor.

And on the fox/wolf alt issue, I think it's worthy mentioning that Wolf is in fact gray, while all of fox's costumes he still remains brown, one is just a darker weird shade that makes him look wolfish, but it is still brown.

omega_ridley_X

Smash Apprentice
The fiery pits of Norfair, home of RIDLEY!!!
And my username is fire related. Igneous is one of the three kinda or rocks, the other two beaing metamorphic and sedimentary. Igneous rocks are rocks are pretty much like molten rocks (I think). End of random science lesson
i'm a smart person, but it's been a while since i've learned about types of rock, so my short term memory is partially to blame.:laugh:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
i'm a smart person, but it's been a while since i've learned about types of rock, so my short term memory is partially to blame.:laugh:
I didn't mean for it to sound like you were dumb, sorry if it came off that way lol. Most people don't even get it right. On xbox live I am constantly called ingenious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom