• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Gimpyfish, I really wish you would have posted these updates into a blog instead of a forum post. I cannot stand the format here. The content is wonderful, but your life would probably be easier in a blog than trying to edit/update these posts. :(

Mike87

Smash Ace
perscription sunglasses ftw n_n
I have prescrition shades too, I just wear them while I'm driving and in the occasional Basketball game, yet they rarely fall off.

Anyway nice opening video.

Marty

Smash Apprentice
yay cant wait for these v blogs

something that doesnt really fit with whats going on right now but this is where it should go:
can you create a tier list of the characters from the demo??
I would like to request that this not happen.

The longer we can go without being hung up on which character is in which tier the better.

Zek

Smash Ace
oh i'll certainly be talking about a tier list yes LOL
I assume you'll be saying that it's completely worthless trying to make a tier list from an early demo that people played for a couple of days... Right?

Zink

Smash Champion
uh oh gimpy locked the doc thread.
prepare for ultimate flavor!!!
also didn't like 3 topics get locked for posting demo tier lists lol?

-ike is top tier

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Super/Heavy Armor – When the heavy or strong characters in this game perform certain moves they receive a number of frames where they do not flinch. This acts differently from what some initially thought. If you are hit during your super/heavy armor, you not only do not take stun, but you also DO NOT RECIEVE ANY DAMAGE. It was difficult to test what moves have this effect in such a short period of time, but after viewing videos of it you can see that no percentage is received upon impact of the moves.
Wait, if you take no damage, isn't it just invincibility frames? O_o

RDK

Smash Hero
So you can be grabbed during invincibility frames now?

Does the invincibility stop when you're grabbed, or does it continue like normal?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
So you can be grabbed during invincibility frames now?

Does the invincibility stop when you're grabbed, or does it continue like normal?
no no no ... They are not invincibility frames. If they were, he couldn't be grabbed. SonicZeroX thought they were I.F. because if you can't take damage or knockback, what does that leave?? Grabs, apparently...

RDK

Smash Hero
no no no ... They are not invincibility frames. If they were, he couldn't be grabbed. SonicZeroX thought they were I.F. because if you can't take damage or knockback, what does that leave?? Grabs, apparently...
Ah, I see. So there's no knockback, but you can still take damage?

Cort

Apple Head
No, my question is great. No one even knows what it is yet. Besides gimpy.

Plus, it should actually get people to look at this game a little differently and hopefully encourage more people to get good at it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
No, my question is great. No one even knows what it is yet. Besides gimpy.

Plus, it should actually get people to look at this game a little differently and hopefully encourage more people to get good at it.
Yeah, well... well... my questions were written in a text editor before being transmitted. That just increases the cool factor far beyond yours. Oh yeah, and I am humbler than you, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom