• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i do need a haircut *sigh* i haven't got one in like 6 months lol

its too long, but i love the curls coming out of my hat, so i wont cut it too much LOL

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I've got questions as well:

1) Evidently, an aerial dodge is influenced by a character's natural momentum. Would it be wrong to assume that you can short-hop, tilt forward, and aerial dodge (which should end up sending you diagonally) into the ground, causing an a basically elongated process to wavedashing?

2) How do you commence a crawl?

3) Nice first video blog. [not a question. no answer needed]

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I've got questions as well:

1) Evidently, an aerial dodge is influenced by a character's natural momentum. Would it be wrong to assume that you can short-hop, tilt forward, and aerial dodge (which should end up sending you diagonally) into the ground, causing an a basically elongated process to wavedashing?
Obviously not. because you dont slide you just stop. This was already said.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
more like "giving you something else to do during the 4 month wait"

sakurai updates + video blogs yyaaaaayyyyy n_n

its a gift, not a punishment XD

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
More like "giving us something else to wait for during our 3 month wait."

I know it isn't a punishment, I'm liking the idea of a video blog. I just think you're going to be hammered with questions constantly. Wouldn't it be easier just to answer them quickly in a post than to list them up and answer them all in a video? Maybe save the blog for some of the BIGGER questions? (If there even are any BIGGER questions left at this point.)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
there are plenty of questions left n_n haha

i said they dont even have to be smash related anyways, i'm sure i'll get questions consistently

LuCKy

Smash Master
sweet donuts!!!! thats a lot of views lol but gimpy i remember bein able to over b after sonics up b but anyways wow thats a lot of pages too lol

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I have a question about this "super armor" that Ike, Bowser, and other characters have...

Can the character eventually get knocked out of their super armor, like Melee Yoshi did at higher percentages?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Combined with Show Me Your News, these will make the Smashboards the penultimate media source in Brawl hype before the launch. Can't wait for them to begin, dude!

tw1n

Smash Champion
That video was an awesome intro gimpy. I also watched the video of yours and Hugs first Brawl MM ever. The camera man sucked but overall it was still great to watch. I just love the quote at the end.
"I combo'd you into that bomb" Great victory

KAN

Smash Cadet
You are awesome!
I love the Bowser part! I really didn't get to play Melee competetively very well, and I wasn't great with Bowser, but I plan to rock with him in Brawl.
Very good thread. Thank you for this huge load of information. :D

Smash Ace
Hey, Gimpy? Can you please mention that Wolf is not an alternate fox costume, at least as shown in the demo? We still have a lot of people trying to claim that he is.

Example.
Example 2, under "Falco."

It'd be nice to have your rebuttal of the alternate costume theory posted somewhere high profile, so that people actually pay attention.

Thanks.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
nice intro vid. lookin gooood in the shaaaades my maaaaan! the video blog definitely gives it a more personal feel and it is easier to take in information. hope to see more from the #1 bowser player.

tw1n

Smash Champion
The picture was kinda cool. But would be better if it showed Bowser holding up Marth or Falco by the throat while standing on Fox and a few other characters

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
[This duplicated image has been Bowser Fsmashed by Gimpyfish62]

T_T
OWNED. Lol.

Cool introduction, Gimpy. Could've used a bit more embellishment, but hey...it's an intro. Not supposed to be anything special.

Looking forward to the next video blog.

Smooth Criminal

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
thats a lot coming from someone that seems to be wearing a pinkish shirt ;D
"Also he's kinda..."

"What?"

"You know..."

"No, I don't know."

"He's kinda into girly stuff."

"I think you're projecting Simmons."

"I'm not projecting!"