• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Gimpy: I agree. The reason noobs are noobs isn't because they couldn't grasp technical play. In fact, I think most people stress the technical game far too much. Obviously having complete control over your character is a must, but intelligent gameplay is the most important aspect of Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl. Noobs are noobs because they don't learn, they don't adapt, and they don't play intelligently. You need to treat is as a thinking game.
I couldn't agree with this any more. Well said

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I have a question about this "super armor" that Ike, Bowser, and other characters have...

Can the character eventually get knocked out of their super armor, like Melee Yoshi did at higher percentages?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
i just recorded the first little intro blog but i cant get it on the computer till my roommate gets back
*Wait* Is he there now?

:p

Seriously though, thanks for everything, keep doing stuff for us, it kills some time while the game actually comes out.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
It took me an AGE to read the first post, only to realize there's a second post continuing it. XD

So, yeah. AWESOME stuff. Thanks for finding all of this out, everyone who went to the demo! VERY much appreciated!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Gimpy, when are you going to update us with all the characters that weren't playable in Brawl? Wtf man, really pissed at you.

SiD

Smash Master
Umm he cant give us his hands on impressions of unplayable characters.
Oh, duh. What an idiot that guy you quoted, didn't even see something so obvious. That's like when people don't get sarcasm. It's really just annoying, isn't it?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I was hoping Gimpy would tell us whether Fox's shine ***** Bowser or not. Or did I miss that? *rereads*

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
my apologies, Gimpy, I guess "****" was a poor choice of words. My Fox always seemed to have effective shine combos on Bowsers, but there aren't any good Bowser mains in Fl, so I can't be sure anyway. But did you notice if Fox's shine was less effective against Bowser in Brawl, or is that a strange type of question?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
magic. it is the only way. my blog's introduction is being uploaded to youtube right now

EDIT: LOL sakurai's update makes it look like ike can combo XD

EDIT NUMBAH TWO:

video blog number 0 added!

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Ok I'll list a number of questions that I want answered

1. What player or players that were at the event did you fear the most? And what characters did they use?
2. What did you like better about this game than Melee? Name some of the things that you spicifically
noticed that was differerent.
3. Do you like the new air dodge system? And how do you think this will effect advanced players
developeing new tecniques?
4. What was your impresion on edgeguarding, compaired to how it is in Melee? Easer? Harder?
Something else?
5. With some characters do you think it will be possible to combo more than the best characters in Melee?
6. What was your overall impresion on potiential for characerter combos compaired to Melee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom