• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure you've heard this a million times before, but thank you so much gimpy for this. These are the kind of things that keep the rest of us informed of the game's progress, not to mention that I'd trust your word on the subject of Brawl's potential more than anyone at any game magazine, website, blog, etc.

also, BOOZER FTW!! I CANT WAIT TO PLAY AS THE NEW AND IMPROVED KOOPA, HE'S TOO MUCH FUN IN MELEE AS IS!!!!!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Metaknight. Looks. Sexy.

OMG.

Anyway. It's been a real treat hearing about your impressions of Brawl, Gimpy. Thanks alot for all your hard work.

Smooth Criminal

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
How worse was Link's up B in terms of knockback? I really use it a lot in Melee...

Great job btw!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
girl that knows my name....

sounds familiar...

i cant remember who you are, but my brains been on overdrive lately so forgive me [/johns]

SiD

Smash Master
So are there really 61 other Gimpyfishes, or did you eat them and absorb their power and post count?

Sidenote: Is it Gimpyfishes or just Gimpyfish?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i think you are asking "is it gimpyfishes or gimpyfish"

the plural of gimpyfish is bowser (the singular bowser)

weird how that works huh?

EDIT: typo's and general misspellings should be removed from the first post

Fawriel

Smash Master
girl that knows my name....

sounds familiar...

i cant remember who you are, but my brains been on overdrive lately so forgive me [/johns]
Even I know your name by now. It kept popping up in all those interviews, you frikkin celebrity!

Hah, I forgot your name several times. I can't remember names that well.

People often remember my name because it's.....unique.

(Zenas)

>_>
If I knew you in person, I'd call you Zena the Warrior Prince.

All the time.

Cool name, though. ^^

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet
It's sad that DK doesn't have the respect now then he did in the past, obviously Diddy is much better. Also how are MK's costume sets? I heard there was one with glowing eyes.

Sliq

Smash Master
Link would be everything I wanted if they hadn't nerfed his ****ing Spin Attack, and from waht I heard, his projectiles are lame now too. His projectiles are the only thing that made him awesome in Melee, wtf.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I don't know if this was already asked, but aside from Ike's Aether attack, is it known whether or not he possesses other frames of Super Armor? It's interesting that you mentioned Bowser's super armor frames. With how immensely slow Ike is moving, I was logically thinking he must have lots of super armor then....but it was never even mentioned in the update.

So is it safe to assume Ike is actually lacking in that area, or is that just not known yet?

D

Deleted member

Gimpyfish: How do you move his fire when just using the Wiimote for example, since it doesn't have any kind of c-stick functionality (to the best of my knowledge)? Thanks.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Nice Bowser update.

But it sucks in the fact that now I know you're going to **** 3x as hard with him, Gimpy.
Lol.

It's a shame that he's not going to be able to exploit those awesome ground buffs of his when I play him, though.

He's gonna be too busy in the air, getting juggled by my Metaknight's aerial combos. :laugh:

All joking aside, I have to say that the Bowser update was my favorite one. You did a good job at fleshing out your main, Gimpy. I totally understand the bias; I'd probably go on an in-depth rant about a character that I hold in higher esteem than one I don't like as much. If I were there, I'd probably make a huge post about my playtime with Metaknight and/or Sonic.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Thanks for everything. You have provided the community with an enormous amount of insight into this upcoming installment of Smash. Hell, you, HuGs, DBR, EPF, t!mmy, and just about every other mofo that contributed should be thanked.

'preciate ya.

Smooth Criminal

Mike87

Smash Ace
his time around when you get somebody with the klaw you don't have the option of biting, Bowser immediately leaps to the sky and does a really cool looking suplex. You have complete control over Bowser's horizontal movement, and you can actually go surprisingly far with this move, it's great for suicide kills. This move does an impressive 17% and at lower percents you can actually string two of them together because after you land from the suplex,
That sounds cool, I wish you could have had the option to Bite still.

Also I'm glad that Link got a speed buff.

Cort

Apple Head
L Canceling – Alright, the very last day we had the demo we finally figured this one out. You CAN l cancel, and l canceling removes all the lag from your aerials.
All the lag? As in, SSB64 style? As in, not half-the-lag-rounded-down SSBM style?

Gimpy just IM me with the answer this will probably get buried and I'll forget later today XD

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't know if this was already asked, but aside from Ike's Aether attack, is it known whether or not he possesses other frames of Super Armor? It's interesting that you mentioned Bowser's super armor frames. With how immensely slow Ike is moving, I was logically thinking he must have lots of super armor then....but it was never even mentioned in the update.

So is it safe to assume Ike is actually lacking in that area, or is that just not known yet?
From how I understand it, Ike has more Super Armor than Bowser, but I am only basing this off of word of mouth.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
Pity, biting was my favorite thing to do in Melee, it's gone now. Oh well, all of Bowser's new improvements should be able compensate for that.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
He said all lag, I think we can take his word for it.

The problem is that it sounds very awkward to do. Fastfalling THEN attacking? If that's how it works, then most moves will be even trickier to SHFFL or won't be able to SHFFL; at least, you'll have to take out the SH part (for example, Link's down air), which'll make it easier to predict moves if they're trying to L-cancel it. Pretty much it comes down to whether you want to shorthop in order to get the move out sooner at the cost of lag, or use it high up to be safer on landing (due to l-cancel) but have your approach be more predictable.

That's just my opinion though. I'm sure better players will be able to find moves (like sex kicks and whatnot) that they can SHFFL just fine.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yes ALL the lag, this is not a melee l cancel it does the smae thing as a 64 l cancel

yes, ike is a lot slower than ganon or bowser were in melee

D

Deleted member

yes ALL the lag, this is not a melee l cancel it does the smae thing as a 64 l cancel

yes, ike is a lot slower than ganon or bowser were in melee
How do you c-stick or adjust Bowser's fire with just the Wiimote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom