• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zink

Smash Champion
you do realize every time you reply to this thread, he gets a distracting email telling him you did, right? the less you post, the faster he will update.

RDK

Smash Hero
you do realize every time you reply to this thread, he gets a distracting email telling him you did, right? the less you post, the faster he will update.
Why doesn't he have instant email notification turned off? That thing is annoying.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Mmm, Linky goodness. Glad to see he had a speed update. Who's left at this point? Just Bowser, no? Can we expect a 5 page essay on the koopa?

Eszett

Smash Cadet
Mmm, Linky goodness. Glad to see he had a speed update. Who's left at this point? Just Bowser, no? Can we expect a 5 page essay on the koopa?
He still has to do Meta Knight as well.

Anyways, cool update. A question, though: does the Gale Boomerang push other characters in the direction of its momentum? So, if it is traveling away from Link it'll push them away, but if it's traveling towards him it'll bring them closer to him?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
From what I saw in one of the vids, his ground spin attack may have been weakened, but his aerial spin attack looks stronger.

Kokaloo

Smash Apprentice
Thank god for Link's ^B being nerfed.
Maybe I won't have such a hard time with sword characters now.
And maybe I can actually attempt to play as Link.
He's always needed to be fast IMO.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Link's always been the main I've never been able to leave behind. :/ :\

Anyway, nice update. I don't get why people are surprised about Link's spin attack losing it's semi-spike tendencies...I mean, that's how it is in the final version of SSBM (ya know, the PAL version). Then again...they brought back flame canceling. <_<

His arrows, forward air, up air, up smash, and forward smash all sound rather sexy. Can't wait to bust out some yellow clad Link. W00t.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Link's always been the main I've never been able to leave behind. :/ :\

Anyway, nice update. I don't get why people are surprised about Link's spin attack losing it's semi-spike tendencies...I mean, that's how it is in the final version of SSBM (ya know, the PAL version). Then again...they brought back flame canceling. <_<
so from my point of view its still the same then :laugh:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Gimpy, you let me down man, this is short from a "big" update

JK, JK, JK, dont get mad, I know your not alive only to update this, you have other things to do, like post in other threads, :p lol

D

Deleted member

im a faster reader than all of you! FIRST

Good **** gimpy, i like u lolz

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Cool.

I usually don't use sword characters, but meta Knight just sounds awesome.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Good news on Metaknight, just watching the videos (realizing most of them were with unskilled players) made him look godly, but a lack of great killing potential is a good balance for him. Still sounds pretty kickass though.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no i'm done updating this thread, thread over and closed

just kidding i'll have bowser done soon

dont let my overwhelming excitment make him sound too good, it's obvious that i love the character

i also know more about bowser than i do about every other character, so this one will be more in depth most likely

just dont go LOL MAINING BOWSER CUZ GIMPYFISH MAKES HIM SOUND GOOD LOL

he's good, but he's not great, so dont get too excited XD

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645

dont let my overwhelming excitment make him sound too good, it's obvious that i love the character

i also know more about bowser than i do about every other character, so this one will be more in depth most likely

It's time for the big update folks.

~Boozer is too cute

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
metaknight added
Am I understanding this correctly?

All characters that can glide, cannot L-cancel aeriels because of how the new L-canceling works and how you cancel gliding by fast-falling?

Sounds like a rather glaring setback on MK and Pit's part, unless their aerial lag is negligible in the first place, or the lack or the ability to L-cancel actually helps to balace angainst their otherwise rampant combo rapage

[short version: Can MK L-cancel? Does it even matter vs his strengths if he can't?]

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

LOL, I like Bowser, I mean I like him a lot as an "I'll play him every so often", but not as a main.

M.K

Level 55
Well, Meta-Knight turned out exactly how I predicted.

Score one for choco choco chip pudding-covered lemurs!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
characters that can glide can still l cancel from what i remember, they can fast fall by tapping down, you hold down as one of the ways to glide, but tapping down still let's you fast fall

honestly with metaknights already miniscule lag its not really that big of a difference, but hey, we are smashers

one frame is significnat right?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Am I understanding this correctly?

All characters that can glide, cannot L-cancel aeriels because of how the new L-canceling works and how you cancel gliding by fast-falling?

Sounds like a rather glaring setback on MK and Pit's part, unless their aerial lag is negligible in the first place, or the lack or the ability to L-cancel actually helps to balace angainst their otherwise rampant combo rapage

[short version: Can MK L-cancel? Does it even matter vs his strengths if he can't?]
You do not go into glide when you jump, some moves like Up+B make you glide, so you can SH to FF to Aerial and L Cancel, but if you try to SH to Up+B then no, you wont be able to L-Cancel, since when you FF you won't be able to DO an aerial.

Edit: Yea, what Gimpy said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom