• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Everything sounds great thanks a lot gimpy. To be honest I was really starting to worry about the turnout for brawl before reading this thread. I really hope they don't end up changing the new advanced techs that we find within this push back. That would be so lame lol.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Thats good to hear about mario(fire suit looks awsome), cant wait to main him again, sure there are no uses for the fludd? is it just completly useless? ill find a use for it

Can ike chainthrow?

Gea

Smash Master
You charge a smash by merely holding the C stick to the side.

The nooba favorites are in this order:

1. Meta
2. Pit
3. Link

Ike's down throw does NOT chainthow, it sends them too high. Pika and Mario can, however.

Shuma

Smash Hero
allow me to reword that, Wolf chances lowered. Besides Mario's costume is Green and BROWN. But untill i see a picture of Fox's Wolf costume, and i don't believe he's deconfirmd.

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hold on, nobody's saying Ike's horrible. We're saying his attacks are slow, he might still be a good character. In addition, MK's FS is an insta-kill, it just has to be up close to hit.

Now Peach and Fox getting nerfed beyond all recognition? Yes, that's right. :laugh:
Meta's FS isn't exactly instant kill, I saw it performed twice and the opponent did not die. (screen goes completely black, when light appears again he does an upward swing that send oppoenent flying)

Ike's FS is killer though, he takes the opponent near the ceiling of the stage and then performs the actual FS. Everytime I saw it performed, was instant kill.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
perhaps i exaggerated fox's nerfs, but i really dont think so, he's really not that good from what i saw *shrug*

wolf deconfirmed? *slap*

Eggz

Smash Hero
Cool, I might end up sticking with Mario...unless....:megaman:

>_>

Mario
and Sonic
ftw.

If WD isn't in ima be mad. Thanks for calling me firsthand with this...after silv. >=[
LOL <3 Gimpy

I'm excited for brawl. What kinda costumes does Mario have?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
In which way was Peach's dsmash nerfed? Comparable with Ness's dsmash? Or at least useable for mindgame purposes?

Shinku

Smash Champion
sorry if im shaking my head at this thread gimpyfish because, it was just the demo that you played. i guess because alot of things that made melee great, dont seem to be brawl from what your saying. like wavedashing and fox being a cheat. but oh well, i guess well have to wait n see for the final game itself. however, thanks for writing this thread, its enjoyable to read. but when i do finally get brawl, the first thing im gonna try and do is wavedash. a boy can only dream. bowser ftw.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
good **** gimpy.

I'm excited... again. At first, I was kind of disappointed about wavedashing, but then I realized that its a new game, and I'm gonna have to learn new things.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Hahaha.
I was expecting to hear in the background "so cooww get *****!" lol jk, your bowser is a serious beast.

Gea

Smash Master
dang that was one of my first matches, i wish they uploaded teh ones where i could actually control bowser LOL XD
I know, right? I wanted to see the one where I was shine whoring and you were yelling about how pro I was.

Gimpy is on the left, I am on the right.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is pretty much good now right? I was already vicious with Bowser now I'm going to slice ppl open nowadyas. Bowser walking out of fire is bad*** I swear.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
GIMPY!

Thanks so much for all this awesome info!

I've added your answers to my big questions thread. Since more are now answered than not, I went ahead and highlighted the unanswered ones as well. Do you think you could check those over and see if you have answers to any of them now, and if not try to get some of them tomorrow?

Thanks so much!

Thread is here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3033516

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Gimpy, what were the T-shirts like? I heard they change every day. Were they Brawl related? Also, what other schwag was there? My friend said he got me a Wiimote keychain and a foam DK Tie. Just curious.

Gea

Smash Master
Foam DK ties, wiimote LED keychains and T shirts were about it. These tees were Blue with "Wii" printed on them as well as... a face I think? It has been quite awhile since I saw my two I "won" by beating everyone else (cept timmy) at the "tourney" which was a load of crap anyways.

There were a few more assorted freebies but it wasn't the swag you'd get from E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom