• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I am a link main in melee, and played him 3 times today. I can maybe answer some questions (note: not a tourney player and didn't mess around trying to learn stuff just played)
Ok :p

clawshot...

is it made of pwn or fail?

and of course...

Charge up duration for UpB. How long does it take for it to be completely charged? Does it show any physical difference when it is done charged, IE blinking and or sparkling?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Anyway, I hope they have some Bowser info! And seeing as though we all seem to be forgetting about DK, some info on him too!

And all the Special moves we don't know yet!
I played bowser once and sucked..... in fact....hey now I think he, link and Ike are the only chars i lost as...(I won with link too)

but he however doesn't suck rather i sucked at him

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Ok :p

clawshot...

is it made of pwn or fail?

and of course...

Charge up duration for UpB. How long does it take for it to be completely charged? Does it show any physical difference when it is done charged, IE blinking and or sparkling?
oops clicked wrong post I guess lol

Clawshot is more or less exactly the same as the hookshot, just new look. I can't say for sure but it's range may be slightly less. But no sure on that. You can still hold shield then use it right out of it and it's quick enough to snag prey.

I tried charging the swordspin once and pushed the wrong button :/ I know i'm lame.
That said it still hits pretty good non charged, it doesn't have to be charged to be good.

MeisterNeumann

Smash Apprentice
no wavedashing

airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

Fox can SH triple laser.
Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

Bowser is hardcore.
Claw is ridiculous
Bowser will probably be top tier
Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.
Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.
If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

Peach is nerfed.
Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range
Float canceling not sure
Peach seems heavier

Sonic, not as good as you expect
moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',
all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.

copied from http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=38960283&page=12

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
oops clicked wrong post I guess lol

Clawshot is more or less exactly the same as the hookshot, just new look. I can't say for sure but it's range may be slightly less. But no sure on that. You can still hold shield then use it right out of it and it's quick enough to snag prey.

I tried charging the swordspin once and pushed the wrong button :/ I know i'm lame.
That said it still hits pretty good non charged, it doesn't have to be charged to be good.

Ah, so no word on the duration of length it takes to fully charge spin?

That's fine, at least you tried.

Thanks for the info. XD

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
Meister Neuman there is wavelanding look for my post and ink drop is amazing, i get credit for that >_> and gimpy gets credit for owning with bowser who might no longer be low tier.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Ah, so no word on the duration of length it takes to fully charge spin?

That's fine, at least you tried.

Thanks for the info. XD
well, you know I suck at life. I actually might have charged it, now that you mention length it seems like I did lol. Just the first/most useful opportune I had failed. I think it's about like a smash attack.

And both slices of links SideA are good now. In melee the first one was good but not as good for KOing, the first slice now feels like it could KO

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
no wavedashing and no wavelanding

airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

Fox can SH triple laser.
Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

Bowser is hardcore.
Claw is ridiculous
Bowser will probably be top tier
Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.
Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.
If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

Peach is nerfed.
Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range
Float canceling not sure
Peach seems heavier

Sonic, not as good as you expect
moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',
all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.

thank you

if you werent at the event,there were no regular controllers,meaning wavedashing was very hard

yet we all tried,and failed
This looks retardly familiar....

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
well, you know I suck at life. I actually might have charged it, now that you mention length it seems like I did lol. Just the first/most useful opportune I had failed. I think it's about like a smash attack.

And both slices of links SideA are good now. In melee the first one was good but not as good for KOing, the first slice now feels like it could KO
Does it still multi hit, and is the initial slash stronger on the first side slash?

oh, and lol, don't worry about the spin thing. XD

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
This looks retardly familiar....
XD

For those not in the know (I know the quoted knows) ...Yeah, it's a summary of a phone call that was posted in the E4all impressions thread... XD XD XD XD

Anyways, it's been an hour... I PREDICT EPIC EPICNESS OF THE MOST POSSIBLE EPICNESS EVER!

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Waits eagerly with bated breath.
Before the replies start flooding in about the revelations, I want to thank gimpy and all the others who are at E 4 All and getting this information. You guys rock! :chuckle:

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Any chance of you guys getting video footage of the Ink Drop? I'm wondering how useful it is and I'd really like to see it in action.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
So wait, what is Ink Dropping exactly? You just turn around and fall over?

Doesn't sound very useful.

EDIT:

Don't worry, I Re-Read and understand it slightly better now!

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
The fall can be cancelled with a grab and other stuff though, so I guess it has useful applications.

Also, Gimpy, you could charge smashes with the C-stick in Melee also.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
I say that we stop posting till they post somthing that way we dont have to go through the whole thread looking for what he posts inless he puts in on first post.... Whats ink dropping

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Any chance of you guys getting video footage of the Ink Drop? I'm wondering how useful it is and I'd really like to see it in action.
technically non media isn't supposed to take video, and if the people see you doing it they will ask you to stop

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMFG, I love you gimpy and next time we play in crews I'll let you take all 4 of my stocks!!!

Seriously all this info has made me SO happy, most of this is way more important to me than the useless **** people have told us about!!!

<3 gimpy

:colorful:

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
The whole c-stick tilt thing...what happens if you hold down and hit forward on the c-stick? Will you still do a tilt or will you smash?

I can see this getting annoying while crouch cancelling and trying to pull off a down smash.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm just ****ing stupid or something, but I can not understand what he's talking about at all when he's talking about ink drop. He's hard to understand.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
**** gimp, thread of the century. Very informative, and we're already seeing techniques popping up. It also sounds like you guys had a lot of fun playing it. And watching the videos, the one reaction I keep having is simply: "jesus christ this game looks like so much fun." Also, so that people know: you won't ALWAYS grab the ledge if you're near it and turned away from the ledge. Watch this vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8bnZtU5c8Qw

toward the end Peach uses her upB and floats toward the ledge while facing away from the ledge, doesn;t grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom