• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
NOOOO. Why Sakurai!!! Why did you have to nerf peach's Dsmash by so much. WHYYYYY!!!! *Sob*

Looks like I'm going to have to work a lot harder with Peach. I shall Shall succeed. Peach will be a god Dammit. XD

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I don't get the ink drop. Someone needs to make a slow-mo GIF, STAT!

Seriously,"fall over"? what?

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you mean MY clip? The one I turned into a gif and bugged people about over and over and no one seemed to really care? That's the new advanced technique the Ink Drop?

HA! Ha ha ha ha! I KNEW this could be a big deal. I told everyone it might be a big deal and we should see if we could figure out what it was. Everyone kept saying it was probably a tech (obviously not, he wasn't hit), a roll (obviously not, he doesn't turn around during it), or going into a crawl (which didn't make sense since he ends up sitting on his butt not in a crawling position). Turns out it actually was a big deal after all!

I'm still confused on how you activate it though, can you clarify that a bit more Gimpy?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
poor wave dashing :urg: the noobs and casuals still have a fighting chance NOT! but ill miss wding. nintendo made a stupid move by not making the air dodge directional o well, this will give fox players some trouble including myself. :urg: now i got to work on my fox without wave shining and wave shining in place.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Did you unlock Young Link?
I did, as link I got a mini mushroom, then after the match a challenger approaching screen came up, I faught young link and unlocked him for the demo. But when reggie saw he dropkicked me in the *** and stole my badge

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
I was there, Metaknight and Pitt were fun to play as and could rack up damage quickly but I found it hard to KO with them cuz of the way they attack (they dont have a very powerful explsosive smash or ariel) but that was just my opinion they were still both my favorite. Bowser has gotten much better and has this sick white costume. Link is a little quicker I believe and Ike's recovery is lowsy. Any specific questions I will try to answer, I am going back tomarow.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Great stuff, Gimpy. YOU DA MAN!

Sounds like Peach and Fox got beat down by some thugs wielding Nerf bats... OOH...
"Oohhhh, did I win?" NO YOU STUPID *****! YOU'LL NEVER WIN AGAIN!!!

Also, it gives fills my heart with great hope to see that Bowser is capable of pwnage now.
*Can't wait for February so he can pwn noobs with Boozer*

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
poor wave dashing :urg: the noobs and casuals still have a fighting chance NOT! but ill miss wding. nintendo made a stupid move by not making the air dodge directional o well, this will give fox players some trouble including myself. :urg: now i got to work on my fox without wave shining and wave shining in place.
dont worry fox was gonna get beaten anyhow....

peachori

Smash Journeyman
that big *** red update is the most important thing ever.
the game is fun by pretty much all accounts, we've got advanced techs after one day of play. good ****.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'm still confused on how you activate it though, can you clarify that a bit more Gimpy?
Think about dash dancing. You have to hit the opposite direction once you go so far in one direction or else you'll miss and screw up the dash dance. Well that's kind of what you do here. You go slightly past the point of no return and then hit the opposite direction, which I guess results in a fall (the Ink Drop).

Makkers

Smash Cadet
Great updates. I'm curious to know how Final Smashes affects the game and whether or not they are currently too broken, though.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Great updates. I'm curious to know how Final Smashes affects the game and whether or not they are currently too broken, though.
not at all. None are overly powerful. Any that CO real easy have to hit like a melee attack first, or in sonics and pika's case they are hard to control. I almost completely evaded a pik's as pit by jut using up b and floating around

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Very off-topic, and I apologize for that, but Final Smashes have always made me think of Limit Breaks from Final Fantasy games.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
So if I'm getting this, let's try re-iterating it in laymen's terms

I'm guessing Ink Drop is activated by actually WAITING before turning around during a Dash Dance

In melee, you'd have some wait-time as your character stumbles around to try and change direction.

In brawl, I'm guessing you tumble forward, but you can cancel the tumble, hence, Ink Drop.

Right?

Elen

Smash Lord
Awesome job Gimpy. You still crushed my old hopes, but you brought new ones :D GIMPY, THE SAVIOR. Big red font makes me happy.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Think about dash dancing. You have to hit the opposite direction once you go so far in one direction or else you'll miss and screw up the dash dance. Well that's kind of what you do here. You go slightly past the point of no return and then hit the opposite direction, which I guess results in a fall (the Ink Drop).
Interesting, but in the clip I found this in originally, Yoshi didn't dash to do it, he did it directly out of an idle. There must be another way to do it besides screwing up a dash dance...

Anyway, Gimpy feel free to paste this image into your post so people know what you are talking about. The url is http://www.zauron.net/images/SSBB/YoshiWeirdRoll.gif

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Amazing information. Inkdrop seems interesting. Looking forward to Diddy info as well, cause he owns.

Bowser and Mario for top tier? I only hope Kirby can get SOMETHING. If not, well, he'll always have 64. In the mean time, Metaknight and Diddy both have potential. I can't wait to hear whatchagottasay.

Makkers

Smash Cadet
not at all. None are overly powerful. Any that CO real easy have to hit like a melee attack first, or in sonics and pika's case they are hard to control. I almost completely evaded a pik's as pit by jut using up b and floating around
I'm so glad that final smashes have been unconfirmed as IWIN buttons.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I just realized that i've been reading this thread for like an hour instead of studying for my government test tomorrow like i should be. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom