• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimp Me Gently 8/22 Raleigh, NC Brawl/B+

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord

Brawl+ Rules:
* We will use the last OFFICIAL codeset
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage Picks:
* The First stage will be selected using stage striking
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set AFTER THE FIRST MATCH HAS BEEN PLAYED, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen)

Couterpicks:
Warioware (Frozen)
New Pork (Wi-Fi Room)
Luigi's Mansion (Deadlands)
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
4 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
---------------------------------------------

PLEASE BRING SETUPS

-Mudkipz 2 full setups
-Foxy 1 full setup
-RocketPSIence 1 full setup
-zCasanova 1 full setup (and recording)
-Southern Pines 1-2 full setups
-Chapel Hill 2 full setups
-Keith & company?

Foxy

Smash Master
I am most likely coming.

Ben, we'll both be at NCSU when this happens, right?

I dunno, trying to think of an easier way to get there.

Should be fun, I'm going to enter Brawl if I have the money.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Hey Foxy,

Flamingo, KillerSOS, and myself will be at State next year with ya! We can probably manage a ride together, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Just to double check, this tourny is on a Saturday, right?

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
omg its fritz! i havent seen that *** in forever!

someone drive thru hickory. jim will like...be cool and stuff. and ill sit there and be gay. but jim will be there. isn't it worth it?

-stongers

Foxy

Smash Master
Hey Foxy,

Flamingo, KillerSOS, and myself will be at State next year with ya! We can probably manage a ride together, so that shouldn't be a problem.

oh, awesome. you guys going to be sophomores? i know ben (omni) is going to be a freshman.

i'll be staying in wood hall, i've got a single dorm... yup. doing computer science.

hopefully we can all play smash together quite often, i'm actually getting into brawl again so i know you guys can be some good practice and show me the ropes.

and we can all talk about hosting stuff on campus.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Cool deal, I'll be in North Hall. Just a short walk from North Campus.

If you're getting into Brawl, it's a good thing. State has lots of scrubs and noobs to practice against. I came in as a Freshmen as a mediocre Ness main and now I'm able to compete with Falco and Kirby at a pretty high competitive level.

I'm trying to get into Melee as well, we can trade each other some Smash knowledge!

Foxy

Smash Master
Sounds good. I definitely want to teach everyone at State more Melee if they're interested, so yeah... gonna be the place to be for Smash in NC. ;]

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I am most likely coming.

Ben, we'll both be at NCSU when this happens, right?

I dunno, trying to think of an easier way to get there.

Should be fun, I'm going to enter Brawl if I have the money.
I don't have $$ for that :_; I'll be at wake tech this year, but I might have to drive and pick up everyone at NCSU if jon is going to be a lazy *** like he has been and not drive even though he has a car.

where's holly springs located?
Its about 20-30 min south of downtown Raleigh.

Hey Foxy,

Yes its on a Saturday, and I'm pretty sure you are the only one that will have a car of the 4 of you jon.

No Melee?

WTH
Between me, Foxy, and PLUR, every game gets 2 TOs that host it. Melee is PLUR and Foxy, Brawl is me and PLUR and B+ is me and Foxy.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I can most likely drive us, I stayed with my parents last school year and they were being strict about that kind of stuff.

GofG

Smash Champion
I'm bringing a melee setup to this, so, just know that there WILL be at least one melee setup, unless omni gets mad at me.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I'm bringing a melee setup to this, so, just know that there WILL be at least one melee setup, unless omni gets mad at me.
As long as its not taking up electrical outlets or something that we need for the actually tourny its no big deal.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I still need a parking permit at State. I've applied for one near my dorm room, no response yet... At this point, I'm unsure of my status of whether or not I can drive people to and from tournaments.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I still need a parking permit at State. I've applied for one near my dorm room, no response yet... At this point, I'm unsure of my status of whether or not I can drive people to and from tournaments.
=O don't let us down jon!

also lol@our post counts. You are about to pass me and my account is a year older.

I have a blue name though... =P

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
80% of my post are on the Falco boards lol.
My problem is most of mine are in the gentlemen's club @_@

On topic: If someone would like to bring recording equipment and/or a laptop to help with brackets that would be awesome.

Im totally keeping the white board stage list, its so convenient.

Fritz~9

Smash Cadet
I need a ride. I'll be staying at UT at NCSU, right next to the parking lot you used to pay to stay in omni ;)

Also, to hell with brinstar and castle siege, pictochat all teh way

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I need a ride. I'll be staying at UT at NCSU, right next to the parking lot you used to pay to stay in omni ;)

Also, to hell with brinstar and castle siege, pictochat all teh way
Jon will probably be taking all of you guys, although he drives a civic and You+Killer+Flamyngo+Foxy will make it a full car. Hopefully somebody else from state will come, I need to advertise in the library.

Top Bottom