• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gigabots Manfia - GAME [JUMB]OVER. Who got the Gigatron?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Jdietz - You construed me to be boasting about my mod ship. I wasn't. You needed to be told. And frankly, it pisses me off that you've been spewing that you had good intentions. Ask yourself: did it cross your mind whatsoever that using someone else's ROLE PM (especially while they're still alive, no less) was blatant cheating? I don't like scum bags. Not to get on your case, because I don't like getting on people's cases unless it's necessary, but it doesn't sit well with me that you're trying to play it off.

Anyway, that was actually pretty funny Swiss, it calmed down a bit. Although your intentions are obvious, there is some humor to be had in what you're doing.

On a serious note, if ANYONE thinks I'm a bad guy, or a jerk, or whatever you want to call it, just talk to me.

I'm really tired. I'm going to continue reading Ender's game. Good night. And sorry for derailing the thread, I got pretty pissed at all the dumb accusations. Lets not talk about this anymore. Sorry Washed for derailing your thread, even though you don't like me, I still have to be courteous and respectful towards your threads and your games. But honestly, don't let mod bias affect any of your future games. Take it how you will.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Tell me what I am.
A worthless, good for nothing, tool.

Tell me I'm worthless.
You're worthless.

Tell me I'm nothing.
You're nothing.

Tell me I'm a tool.
You're a tool.

Well I for one feel like I have a whole new perspective on this situation. Before I was pretty sure that Ditz was a complete idiot, but after reading his most recent posts and the points he makes in them - I have to say I'm definitely sure.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't care if they don't want to change their minds. They can tunnel all they want for all I care. If they are disrespectful to me, it's war. I've done nothing wrong, yet Ryker very clearly insists that I'm a jerk and doesn't want me in the community, and that he himself is a jerk. He has admitted this much. All the cards have been played. It's very obvious. I'm not backing down from this.

Ryker, you are my enemy. We are not friends. We will not be friends. I will watch as you crumble, along with anyone else that sides with you for mindless bullying against me. You picked the wrong guy to mess with.

I won't call a mod. I don't need to. I'm not a weakling. I have everything I need to crush your feeble little social hierarchy until it crumbles. I will not be bullied. If anything, I will crush the bullying as it comes along.

Listen now, and listen well. You've never dealt with the likes of me. You think I'm some kind of chump? You're delusional. A mere sapling that hasn't seen a great redwood in it's entire span of living.

I will crush you. Annihilate you. Break you into a spec of dust. It's what I do best to guys like you, and believe me, this isn't the first time that I've done it. There are people on this board who have seen it for themselves. You wanted my full attention? You really wanted to wage war against me? You got it.

Let the real game of mafia begin, jack ***.
Underlined made me laugh. Bolded had me confused.

#Shots fired

Unbeknownst to the young Bardull, Ryker had a bulletproof vest.

But no one has a bulletproof ego.

It's late what am I saying why am I pressing the post button what is this I don't even-
Ryker's ego is pretty darn close to beinig bulletproof though. I mean, even I gave up on penetrating it a long time ago.

what a read.

Bardull, Ryker doesn't like you because you're a tool. A total tool.

Without getting into dgames politics, EE and Ryker are not two guys you want to set yourself against, especially considering how reasonable EE is being. On the very short list of people that can beat Ryker in an ego war, you simply aint one, son.

If you play well, play smart and don't play like a fkin prick your rep will improve and you will get friends. The way you have argued this shows a complete lack of social skills.
QFT.

Time to have some fun. ^^

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
well my jaw just ****ing dropped. Literally can't believe what I'm seeing.

Not going to get into picking sides or anything like that. Not worth it. But jesus ****ing christ.

Locking this thread until I wake up. Maybe when I open it we can talk about Gigabots Mafia or something. Go touch each other's d***s on skype or PMs or something. Anymore insanity when I open the thread up and I guess I've just gotta go for infractions, as much as I hate to say it. Ain't about what I think, sometimes.

see y'all in a bit.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I liked the part where Bardull insinuated he didn't know he couldn't post his role PM.

Vote: Tin Man

No one hammer yet. Tin Man, where you at? What are your character/abilities?
Alright alright

Geno (town supporter)

Active abilities:
Geno Boost – Each Night, you may pick a player. That player gets to use their ability twice the following Night. This does not include any killing attacks.
Tin Man (Geno, town supporter) has been modkilled!

The vote count has been swiped clean.

Night 5 begins!

That means no more posting (and you too, Tin Man!)

Send in your Night Actions ASAP to start the Night faster. Deadline is Friday, May 27th at 3;00 p.m. EST.

Sorry Tin Man, but rules are rules! You can't directly quote your role PM, must paraphrase all mod communication.
Man, it's almost like it happened in his first game.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Blacklisting Bardull from any and all future games I own, and requesting others do the same.

I told him if he didn't like it, he shouldn't sign up. He refused to listen. Want the real reason? PM me. I'm tired of this **** clogging postgame.

Onto the next topic, MVP. I've decided that there will be NO MVP for this game. I really, really want to give it out, but I can't overlook the fact that Biceps got a second chance that, by all means, really shouldn't have been given to them. This isn't discounting how they absolutely capitalized on that second chance, though. Their play was phenomenal in pulling out the win after getting in such a dire situation. It's just that they should not have gotten out of that dire situation in the first place. Good job, great play when it mattered, but y'know, circumstances.

honorable mentions go to murderbush for turning the first few phases of the game into a literal ****fest and managing to distract everyone from his 'mates.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I still have full confidence we could have gotten out of that pressure, considering at the time there hadn't been any evidence presented against us other than Banana saying we were scum. However, I also have absolutely no means of actually proving that, so I can't argue with that decision either.

I am Zim!

Smash Rookie
Ran is such a boss for claiming part of the responsibility of the d1 quick lynch even though he had nothing to do with it. I hadn't even been reading the game, saw Kuz and others had Inferno as scum and decided to hammer based on their judgement.

As for the idea of not hammering before a claim, that's an idea that I believe is over stressed. If someone is scum, they need to die regardless of their claim. Their claim should not be grounds for incrimination either unless there are clear signs of it being made up. This point has been proven with this very game due to all of the misinformation. Was it silly of me to hammer without even reading? Definitely. Is it wrong/anti-town in general to hammer without a claim? I don't believe so.

With regards to the set up, I'm not fond of the misinformation idea. For one, it causes unnecessary planning with regards to how to use your role. Ran and I could not for the life of us figure our role actually did. We did the best we could and attempted to plan for it accordingly. I figured it was a one-time mass roleblock. To find out that it actually did nothing was a bummer. For two, the roles that were actually useful were overly nerfed. Thief just brought about unnecessary speculation & tracker is led in circles. With a compulsive bodyguard that didn't even know he was a bodyguard that was too much. I do, however, agree that players tend to clutch onto the PRs. I don't agree that mass misinformation is the way to combat this though. Using manipulative scum roles, providing feasible safe claims, and ridding of the assumption that specific role signify one's alignment, I feel is a better way to combat player's PR reliance. Red hearings are fine in a small amount (Ex: Miller in a game with no cop), but on such a large scale amount, where every VT is uncertain of whether or not their role is actually something of importance to town, I don't agree with. On the scum side, information is their only advantage. Ridding of that advantage gives them little to work with.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Bodyguard knew he was a bodyguard, he just didn't know he was sleepwalking (i.e., would always be tracked to the dead body regardless of his actions) and that was something I should've taken out anyway. Thankfully it didn't matter.

As for the misinformation thing, that's just a matter of personal taste. Some enjoy the additional challenge, others resent it and feel it's too crippling. I gave you a very nominal amount of data with which you could work, and taking it too far meant otherwise. I'll probably do more to assert that roles are fake in the next game I run.

But I totally disagree on the last thing. This game is thoroughly scum-sided due to the sheer amount of misinformation present, as long as they can figure out what their roles do in a timely fashion. The sheer WIFOM presented by the set-up (questioning the usefulness/validity of a role as well as roles that are inherently one side or the other) is something else they can capitalize on. Information for scum is not their advantage. It's persuasion and deception. Lots of misinformation really helps that second tool, as they can spend even more time perverting everything town knows and loves. This is why three protectives appeared in this game: it was a last minute attempt to give town a bit more power due to how scum-sided the game was.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Ran is such a boss for claiming part of the responsibility of the d1 quick lynch even though he had nothing to do with it. I hadn't even been reading the game, saw Kuz and others had Inferno as scum and decided to hammer based on their judgement.

As for the idea of not hammering before a claim, that's an idea that I believe is over stressed. If someone is scum, they need to die regardless of their claim. Their claim should not be grounds for incrimination either unless there are clear signs of it being made up. This point has been proven with this very game due to all of the misinformation. Was it silly of me to hammer without even reading? Definitely. Is it wrong/anti-town in general to hammer without a claim? I don't believe so.

With regards to the set up, I'm not fond of the misinformation idea. For one, it causes unnecessary planning with regards to how to use your role. Ran and I could not for the life of us figure our role actually did. We did the best we could and attempted to plan for it accordingly. I figured it was a one-time mass roleblock. To find out that it actually did nothing was a bummer. For two, the roles that were actually useful were overly nerfed. Thief just brought about unnecessary speculation & tracker is led in circles. With a compulsive bodyguard that didn't even know he was a bodyguard that was too much. I do, however, agree that players tend to clutch onto the PRs. I don't agree that mass misinformation is the way to combat this though. Using manipulative scum roles, providing feasible safe claims, and ridding of the assumption that specific role signify one's alignment, I feel is a better way to combat player's PR reliance. Red hearings are fine in a small amount (Ex: Miller in a game with no cop), but on such a large scale amount, where every VT is uncertain of whether or not their role is actually something of importance to town, I don't agree with. On the scum side, information is their only advantage. Ridding of that advantage gives them little to work with.
What annoyed me was that I still have no idea why I got quick lynched. I made a catch up post early on and I was immediately labeled as scum. Was my play amazing? No. I overlooked some posts (unintentionally) but I had no chance because everyone sheeped Ryker WHO MADE NO CASE. He literally just said "lynch inferno. Win the game." Of course he didn't say for who would win so he didn't lie. Im very salty.

:phone:

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
The roles didnt matter to me. I just scumhunt. I like vt.

What I did dislike was ppl gettin reads froms ppls roles and not actions. Although this came from the indy and scum. Haha.

Rather the misinfo didnt bother me. I liked our role, was pretty funny

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I still dislike this mindset.

If someone can confirm themselves as town it's worth hearing out over a QL, there is no need to speed something like that up.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What annoyed me was that I still have no idea why I got quick lynched. I made a catch up post early on and I was immediately labeled as scum. Was my play amazing? No. I overlooked some posts (unintentionally) but I had no chance because everyone sheeped Ryker WHO MADE NO CASE. He literally just said "lynch inferno. Win the game." Of course he didn't say for who would win so he didn't lie. Im very salty.

If you even dream of beating me, you should wake up and apologize.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Inferno, I really thought your lynch was dumb at the end of it.

Still you did make a few posts that turned me off. But really the main thing you got boned by was another player making a really poor decision. I don't hate Zen at alll, quite the opposite actually, but I do think the QL was far more his fault and some others over yours.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He'd have been wrong and you'd have never lynched Inferno. Essentially, you had to have me alive in order to win, but Adum couldn't let that happen.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nah, I doubt that.

People would have question why the doc was still alive at that point. But oh well who knows I fully admit I played bad that game.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I had already outlined in the game how scum couldn't afford to kill him, me, or whoever else was the third possibility because they had to have two mislynches from that pool of three. They had to kill two of the three clears.

You either don't remember the game or you STILL don't grasp the situation.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Inferno isn't bat**** ********, not in that game.

Still would question why people would take the chance to dance around a doctor who could 100% clear them and himself.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Inferno isn't bat**** ********, not in that game.

Still would question why people would take the chance to dance around a doctor who could 100% clear them and himself.
Although it looked like I did more work than JTB in that, he did a lot of the behind the scene things. He helped me word a lot of important things in that game from lynching Raziek to my doc claim. Although I try to take most of the credit because I played well, JTB and Circus were good scummates and I wouldn't have won without them.

Top Bottom