• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giant Miami Seibrik Fest in ZP 9/26/09

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Just throwin out the idea, If i go talk to the ZP owners and get an ok (which i will) I bet i can get them to let us come to ZP saturday for a big fest if he lowers the door fee from the normal 3 dollars a person, to 2 or something, since we can promise a good amount of people, riiight?

show interest here by wednesday or i wont be doing it.

If enough people show we can have a small tourny, maybe i'll enter, most likely not. I just wana see some effort from SFL to get better, like ive been seeing from HRNUT and company.

I promise if this goes down, i'll hog a tv all day and do best of 5 sets(minimum) with everybody that showes. FRIENDLIES, if u wana MM sure but the point of this day is to use it as a day of SERIOUSIES.

Lemme know wassup and i'll let ZP know too.

*EDIT*
"Address:
5450 South State Road 7, Hollywood, Florida, 33174 Suite Number 41.

Zero Ping is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen. Those are two exits off of I-95. Take I-95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from I-95. When you hit 441/State Road 7 (its the same street) Make a right so you should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. After that the second Street is called Lucky Street. Make a right there into the plaza."

The store is on a corner with a bunch of windows, directly behind the first plaza which is on a hill. The plaza is on the corner of 441 and lucky street, ZP is now BEHIND that plaza, on the corner, all the windows are painted black.

*DOUBLE EDIT*

door fee will be 3 bucks, sorry guys, i might order a pizza or two for everyone though, those that wana help with that, feel free.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
as far as i can tell theres no gigs this weekend???

regardless im 99% sure there will be at least 1 melee setup, feel free to bring w.e. u wana play there's tons of tv's.

My main focus is brawl, however I will be willing to give anyone sheik trainin in melee if requested.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
If i can find a way galeon, i swear i will lol....but no one is gonna wanna drive down here and i know my sisters' car won't make that drive, maybe we can set up a big fest about a month from now so we can all get practice at like a middle ground between SFL and Orlando....

What's almost exactly between miami and orlando, what city, lan center, smasher, etc?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Tommy G's house! XD XD XD XD

its funny but its true, hes two hours between me and you, so its 2 hours between you and him...

and he's got this club house there, WITH a pool, giant tv, AND thousands of chairs

we were considering good tourny venue, but it might just be the perfect smashfest/party place....

i duno why we never consider JUST having a giant smashfest, why's it always gotta be a tourny? i think if it were just a fest, I'd actually play alot more, i know it sounds backwards, but its true.....

Thoughts?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Tommy G's house! XD XD XD XD

its funny but its true, hes two hours between me and you, so its 2 hours between you and him...

and he's got this club house there, WITH a pool, giant tv, AND thousands of chairs

we were considering good tourny venue, but it might just be the perfect smashfest/party place....

i duno why we never consider JUST having a giant smashfest, why's it always gotta be a tourny? i think if it were just a fest, I'd actually play alot more, i know it sounds backwards, but its true.....

Thoughts?
I LOVE YOU SEIBRIK lol, that sounds amazing, we could definitely do that i think more people will be interested in coming to that than if it was a tourney...get this thing together and lets smash

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Actualy I was thinking the same thing just that I didnt think you guys would want that. Actualy we can run zp over if we unite our communities. Hmm shall we make it happen?

On a side note I dislike brawl but love brawl players you guys are too funny man. Mvd where you at homei. Flatsoda is also pretty cool.;)

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I haven't actually talked to anyone about it, but the rules on the clubhouse says there's an 8 hour maximum and we'd have to be out by 11 at the earliest with everything cleaned up.

Pretty much why I haven't bothered in going through with a tournament. Also they said they need like 2 weeks notice.
Maybe I can set something up in November or the weekend after this one if it's not too early.

The giant TV...is a tube TV from the looks of it. That means no lag and no wide screen.
The clubhouse has an occupancy of about 150-200 people.
There is a closet about 7 feet by 7 feet in size filled with chairs and tables. So filled that you can't walk into this room
Pool and basketball half-court. Enough said.
Kitchen for refrigerator for cooling, microwave for heating, and stove for baking. Brownies or cookies anyone?

But yeah, hopefully we can talk to the people about us staying longer. Renting it out for 1 day is $275 but they return $200 if nothing is broken and everything is cleaned. Essentially, it's $75.

Curaga

Smash Ace
I won't be able to show up or bring anyone because I'll be kicking GDX's *** in SF4 at the GK Overnighter Fighter.

Looking forward to the next potential smashfest.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I haven't actually talked to anyone about it, but the rules on the clubhouse says there's an 8 hour maximum and we'd have to be out by 11 at the earliest with everything cleaned up.

Pretty much why I haven't bothered in going through with a tournament. Also they said they need like 2 weeks notice.
Maybe I can set something up in November or the weekend after this one if it's not too early.

The giant TV...is a tube TV from the looks of it. That means no lag and no wide screen.
The clubhouse has an occupancy of about 150-200 people.
There is a closet about 7 feet by 7 feet in size filled with chairs and tables. So filled that you can't walk into this room
Pool and basketball half-court. Enough said.
Kitchen for refrigerator for cooling, microwave for heating, and stove for baking. Brownies or cookies anyone?

But yeah, hopefully we can talk to the people about us staying longer. Renting it out for 1 day is $275 but they return $200 if nothing is broken and everything is cleaned. Essentially, it's $75.
Man, what did I miss out on? :urg:

Anyways, I'm up for a smashfest this weekend. It's a 4-day weekend for me! I can play all Saturday and Sunday if I want. :chuckle:

:069:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
We'll do a fest at ZP this weekend and get everyone together as much as possible, melee and brawl alike, so we can work somethin out at Tommy's place.

If we can't get it long, maybe charge like 5 bucks a person to those who wana stay later, and we go chill at tommy's house. doubt they would mind 20 people over (if that many) if each person is paying 5 bucks to stay :p

But i'd be willing to pay for the club house out of the kindness of my own heart as long as i get 2 other people to help (25 bucks each, respectively)

and get an agreement that IF someone breaks something, each person there will give me like 5-10 bucks to help cover the 200 bucks i'd be out on, seems only fair, though unlikely.

8 hours of strait playin/chillen sounds good, it would only be people that come from orlandy/south miami that would wana stay longer i believe.

So as long as in 2-3 weeks theres no tournies, should i set up a thread, like a tourny thread, for the fest at the club house? Tommy i need you to be assertive with this, find out everything u can and what you need to do to get the balls rollin, and the days plannin.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
We'll do a fest at ZP this weekend and get everyone together as much as possible, melee and brawl alike, so we can work somethin out at Tommy's place.

If we can't get it long, maybe charge like 5 bucks a person to those who wana stay later, and we go chill at tommy's house. doubt they would mind 20 people over (if that many) if each person is paying 5 bucks to stay :p

But i'd be willing to pay for the club house out of the kindness of my own heart as long as i get 2 other people to help (25 bucks each, respectively)

and get an agreement that IF someone breaks something, each person there will give me like 5-10 bucks to help cover the 200 bucks i'd be out on, seems only fair, though unlikely.

8 hours of strait playin/chillen sounds good, it would only be people that come from orlandy/south miami that would wana stay longer i believe.

So as long as in 2-3 weeks theres no tournies, should i set up a thread, like a tourny thread, for the fest at the club house? Tommy i need you to be assertive with this, find out everything u can and what you need to do to get the balls rollin, and the days plannin.
Let me talk to them and get all of the information I can before we go hyping this. I don't want us to plan something and have it all be ruined because of some **** in the community board of directors.

I don't think we'd even need to rent it if there's only like 20 ppl.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Seibrik thanks for taking the idea and actually running with it, i can't wait for this whenever it happens its gonna be too good, lots of practice with everyone...especially wanna learn falco/mk better than i do now

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
lmao, chops you would say something like that, but yeah i like cupcakes and you can't win a girl over if all she wants to do is sit watch smash and eating fvcking cupcakes lol....but ya son brings some girl that look like zero suit so i can hit em with the stun whip *wink wink* lmao jk

not about the women that look like zss though lol

Top Bottom