• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
How would placing it on me be a waste?
Because I don't need to make you hated to lynch you.

You seem very determined to get me lynched.
because you're scummy.

I find it very off how you mocked people for bidding then decided out of nowhere to buy 2/3 items with all of your money.
Because I felt that I am the most likely to die on N1 so I made a power play based on that assumption.

I feel as if you will use this to convince people that you're innocent.
I've said at least three times that people have no reason to townread me for that.

I'm also really suprised how many people jumped to your defense.
Because they see what I'm doing.

With all of these people defending you, i feel as if you'll become more trusted.
Because I'm not actually scum.

I admit this isn't a strong read but i'm trying.
I'll buy that.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Damn it...this got me thinking more.

Got a read on Gorf?

Even still can I expect you to work with me here, you agree Kursed reaction was grimy yes?
I agree Kursed's reaction was grimy.

I think Gorf is town. In fact Gorf is my only townread.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sorry, I really wanna go back to this again because it's less funny and more "I have a sudden good point to make about it" that I noticed on scrolling back up.

Make me talk about what?

My 180? You're not the first person to bring it up and not only did I explain to them why I did it, I also didn't shut up about it. I figured that no matter what I did, most of the game was gonna revolve around me doing that sudden and hyphy snipe that I did. Rather than just let it build up, I chose to direct it. I talked about it. I kept explaining why I did it. I kept saying ****. The game was gonna talk about it, so I talked about it as well. You can't say "make him talk" when that's all I've been doing--explaining that snipe and why I did it.
My reads? I've been forthright that I think Kursed is scum. I've been forthright that I don't trust Jay. I've been pretty obvious that I don't like Rosa and that I think Gorf's push is good. I went out of my way to make Nabe talk so I can start trying to read him. I keep making notes on orbo so that people look at that slot when I'm gone. You can't say "make him talk" if it's about my reads because I've been fairly open as to them as well.

So, really Ruy, what do you think I'm withholding? What do you think I need to talk about?

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf what're your thoughts on this sudden push from ruy? why did he vote kursed with me and then suddenly swap to me?
I think it is, and still, possible you are scum that when yolo and took the powers to make sure town didn't have them.

Recent posts make me second guess this but I refuse to throw this out given how I have seen in the past you use this to your advantage. I think it is less likely given this.

Jay is scum, fill me in a little more on why? I did a skim and didn not see anything that scummy.

Rosa is an easy, "lol so scum" read sometimes depends how rosa plays

Nabe should talk I do not want him to lurk all game.

Keep it up with me me here and answer me.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
>realizes this game started less than 24 hours ago
>must be the activity police this town needs even when its uncalled for

@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry i think its a case of i-havent-read-up-itis and should be treated as such till he starts talking about more... important things, if thats the right way to put it. i didnt say it before cuz i just assumed itd happen like tomorrow but yea.

#HBC | Gorf

oh thats right ruy thinks youre scum cuz of the yolo thing

yea if he keeps this up after sobering up and catching up ill be inclined to scum read him. him unvoting you is a step but this still needs to be said:

RUY THIS IS A WARNING TO DROP YOUR SUSPICION OF LAUNDRY IF IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM STEALING THE BUGS. YOURE WIFOMING YOURSELF TOO HARD. THIS IS YOUR WIFOM ALERT. SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO NOTICE, AND IF YOURE STILL MAKING THIS MISTAKE THEN I SUPPOSE I HAVE NO CHOICE EXCEPT TO LAY IT OUT STRAIGHT FOR YOU. SUSPECTING HIM, OR TOWN READING HIM, BASED ON HIM STEALING THE ITEMS IS TOO WIFOMY TO BE CONCRETE.

actually that psa should be to everyone so we can move on from that and talk about scummy players :)

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think it is, and still, possible you are scum that when yolo and took the powers to make sure town didn't have them.

Recent posts make me second guess this but I refuse to throw this out given how I have seen in the past you use this to your advantage. I think it is less likely given this.
I mean, I get that. That's part of the WIFOM that comes from me sniping those two shots but you gotta weigh it in tandem with my actions after the fact.

Jay is scum, fill me in a little more on why? I did a skim and didn not see anything that scummy.
Everything I have on Kursed is somewhat as applicable to Jay but less obvious. He didn't get mad at Rosa like Kursed did, not outright, but he did like the post about it, suggesting that he agreed with the sentiment. He had a marked interest in the stinkbug. I don't have anything substantial but those two actions alone do make me skeptical of the slot.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

yea if he keeps this up after sobering up and catching up ill be inclined to scum read him. him unvoting you is a step but this still needs to be said:

RUY THIS IS A WARNING TO DROP YOUR SUSPICION OF LAUNDRY IF IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM STEALING THE BUGS. YOURE WIFOMING YOURSELF TOO HARD. THIS IS YOUR WIFOM ALERT. SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO NOTICE, AND IF YOURE STILL MAKING THIS MISTAKE THEN I SUPPOSE I HAVE NO CHOICE EXCEPT TO LAY IT OUT STRAIGHT FOR YOU. SUSPECTING HIM, OR TOWN READING HIM, BASED ON HIM STEALING THE ITEMS IS TOO WIFOMY TO BE CONCRETE.

actually that psa should be to everyone so we can move on from that and talk about scummy players :)
ty gorf

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Dude, be real here.

Do you think he is solid town?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Duude Laundry and Gorf may be scum buddies. I have no real evidence but wow they keep complimenting each other like lovers

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I mean, I get that. That's part of the WIFOM that comes from me sniping those two shots but you gotta weigh it in tandem with my actions after the fact.
The bolded is telling I will think on it after my league game.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Can I at least ask you let me talk to laundry. Call it paranoid or whatever, but I want to check this with him. Plz let me do this 1v1 with him.

#HBC | Gorf

i think, atm, it doesnt reeeeally matter whether hes scum or not cuz if hes town, then hes right, he probably WILL be dead by the start of toMorrow. but based on the Day so far hes the only one making sensible plays and is using himself as a basis to talk about and to others, rather than doing that thing scum likes to do and keep a stagnant conversation going. hes of zero concern to me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'll 1v1 you when you come at me with something more than paranoia. You're so afraid that I'm just playing you as scum that any brief mention of WIFOM alone is willing to set off your sensors? I don't think you're fairly reading me at that point but I think that it shows that you're town if you're so scared of me being scum pulling a fast one.

Anyway, bedtime.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
i think, atm, it doesnt reeeeally matter whether hes scum or not cuz if hes town, then hes right, he probably WILL be dead by the start of toMorrow. but based on the Day so far hes the only one making sensible plays and is using himself as a basis to talk about and to others, rather than doing that thing scum likes to do and keep a stagnant conversation going. hes of zero concern to me.
Hmm I get your mindset but I do not want to not question him based on what he did right now. ugg this is the wifom thing you aid earlier. Still think about it. He i making sense, he is smart.

Is that inherently town in itself? I'm serious here.

#HBC | Gorf

lol i actually dont think ive complimented laundry till my last post where i said he was fine play wise. but you can go ahead and answer the previous question i just asked you kursed, for which you have no excuse to have missed :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll 1v1 you when you come at me with something more than paranoia. You're so afraid that I'm just playing you as scum that any brief mention of WIFOM alone is willing to set off your sensors? I don't think you're fairly reading me at that point but I think that it shows that you're town if you're so scared of me being scum pulling a fast one.

Anyway, bedtime.

only liking this for the bedtime comment fyi.

thinking about the rest.

#HBC | Gorf

well, its not about the fact that laundrys the center of attention, its about what hes doing with it and how hes making branching paths, connecting himself, playing the game of mafia, that makes me consider him as a town read. maybe its wifom in the same sense that like almost everything in this world can be misconstrued into wifom, but no.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Certainly!

Gorf, you asked me to explain how my read on Laundry did not revolve around me being offended, and I will, but right now I will tell you about my NEW READ that DOES revolve around me being offended.

This might take a bit, because I am multitasking.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Like, I legit expect a vote like that from slots like Jay and Kursed because they're idiots who don't see my perspective because they have little experience but you biting on it just makes me a emit a vocal sigh.

since you guys are *****ing about my actual reads:

Zalak-what are you doing pls go
This superiority act is not one that should be played by a townie. I admit, I don't know Laundry personally, but I doubt he's naturally this much of a grouch.

Why would a town member play in such a deflective manner? Laundry is trying to get those pressuring him to stop contemplating whether or not his actions are justified, and instead ask themselves whether or not their own actions are justified.

LAW 1 OF MAFIA:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO PRESS SOMEONE UNLESS YOU HAVE PROOF OF THEIR INNOCENCE. YA GOT THAT?

If you're town, and you are being pressed, you should go along with it. What do you think will happen? They'll find evidence against you? If you're actually town, and you act naturally and cooperatively, people will begin to town read you. If you deflect the pressure with insults, you're halting the town's progress towards finding your true role. I'm not saying you should stop questioning other people when you're being pressured, but it looks like you're just allergic to the spotlight.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Zalak receives a modvote for editing post #155.
Laundry receives a modvote for insulting. Don't call other players 'idiots'.

Both modvotes are temporary and will expire at the end of the Day phase.

Kursed [4] - Orbo, Laundry, Maven, Red Ryu
Rosalina [2] - Gorf, Jay
Laundry [3] - <MOD>, Zalak, Kursed
Zalak [1] - <MOD>

Not voting: RosalinaSGS, Nabe, Dietz
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch;

:059:

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

hmm...

thats actually... really clever.

i wanna see what laundry has to say about that. consider that like my "stamp of intrest" zalak.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
lol i actually dont think ive complimented laundry till my last post where i said he was fine play wise. but you can go ahead and answer the previous question i just asked you kursed, for which you have no excuse to have missed :)
I just wish i could put into words how i feel.
Like what Laundry did was real selfish. I don't understand the logic behind it. Laundry said he was going to be killed anyways, so he buys two of the items to bring down with him. See if he bought only one that's okay. Because we have another player to use the other item if Laundry was nk'd. I really feel that it's more probably that Laundry is scum.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
no kursed i mean

please explain why it is you reacted the way you did to (goin off memory here so forgive me for mistakes) myself and nabe inching up the bids in comparison to rosa and laundry doing the same thing. you seemed to not react to the former and had negative ones to the latter
I didn't see them. I'm being serious.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Also it's not just me being focused on the stinkbug. Placing $1 higher is just annoying. I should've bashed Gorf and Nabe when I saw it.

#HBC | Gorf

^thats what i was waiting for

i was sort of expecting that itd simply be a matter of annoyance by the act. for me that makes any curiosities about the slot diminish, but you should seriously do some more looking outside of JUST laundry. idk if ive seen you mention any other player.

I just wish i could put into words how i feel.
Like what Laundry did was real selfish. I don't understand the logic behind it. Laundry said he was going to be killed anyways, so he buys two of the items to bring down with him. See if he bought only one that's okay. Because we have another player to use the other item if Laundry was nk'd. I really feel that it's more probably that Laundry is scum.
think about his position as scum. he cant buy anything anymore. hes essentially forced his partner to be the sole proprieter, rather than them tryna split together. is it possible? sure, but not worth thinking about atm. occam's razor points to laundry being town based off the snipe.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This superiority act is not one that should be played by a townie. I admit, I don't know Laundry personally, but I doubt he's naturally this much of a grouch.

Why would a town member play in such a deflective manner? Laundry is trying to get those pressuring him to stop contemplating whether or not his actions are justified, and instead ask themselves whether or not their own actions are justified.

LAW 1 OF MAFIA:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO PRESS SOMEONE UNLESS YOU HAVE PROOF OF THEIR INNOCENCE. YA GOT THAT?

If you're town, and you are being pressed, you should go along with it. What do you think will happen? They'll find evidence against you? If you're actually town, and you act naturally and cooperatively, people will begin to town read you. If you deflect the pressure with insults, you're halting the town's progress towards finding your true role. I'm not saying you should stop questioning other people when you're being pressured, but it looks like you're just allergic to the spotlight.
So lemme get this straight. You're gonna quote two of my posts out of the 100+ I have in this game by now and say that because of those two instances, I'm beings"deflective" and "superior"?

You're gonna ignore 100+ posts of me going along with this pressure to find the two instances where I get slightly grouchy?

This is normal for me. I've been yelled at in the past for a condescending and negative tone in the game and I let myself slip here. You guys aren't idiots but you are new--you lack experience and as a result I 100% expect you to see " hypocrisy=scum" without investigating the context behind it. That's something newer players do and, to me, you and kursed (and Rosa and jay) are all new players.

As for my read on you, it was because you were taking a weird approach to the game and I had no idea what you're actually trying to accomplish.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
^thats what i was waiting for

i was sort of expecting that itd simply be a matter of annoyance by the act. for me that makes any curiosities about the slot diminish, but you should seriously do some more looking outside of JUST laundry. idk if ive seen you mention any other player.

think about his position as scum. he cant buy anything anymore. hes essentially forced his partner to be the sole proprieter, rather than them tryna split together. is it possible? sure, but not worth thinking about atm. occam's razor points to laundry being town based off the snipe.
I really haven't done anything outside of laundry because I have been hiding.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Vote: Kursed

btw
why this vote here?
But what does that mean for the read on laundry.
for me? Nothing, that line was hella null for him.
Even though there's no jester in this game, I feel like Laundry is the jester. That's how strong my mafia read is.
i feel like this read is coming out of left field/is stronger than it should be right now
Explain my read on Laundry?

Is this protection over laundry i feel?
>push it off cause' he'll be killed anyways

How would placing it on me be a waste? You seem very determined to get me lynched. I find it very off how you mocked people for bidding then decided out of nowhere to buy 2/3 items with all of your money. I feel as if you will use this to convince people that you're innocent. I'm also really suprised how many people jumped to your defense. With all of these people defending you, i feel as if you'll become more trusted. I admit this isn't a strong read but i'm trying.
Feel pike this last paragraph more focused on badmouthing laundry and exaggerating the points towards him/underscoring the stuff related to him

Top Bottom