• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I mean, if scum want the neighborizor, sure, but I kept both the roleblocker out of scum's hands and the stinkbug out of the scum's hands. They're the two abilities that probably help scum the most.

P.S. I'm town and if I live through tonight I'll be shocked. I wanted that Roleblocker because it's my only chance of living and I wanted that Stinkbug because it's a one-shot ability I can use before I die and have some chance of impacting the game after my death.

:186:
But what if you are scum?

Playing yolo like you did 4-5 years ago in that game where EE won vs J in yolo.

I refuse to play you off as town for this, give me solid reads or I will demand a wagon on you, dead serious. You scare me more than anyone else in this game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll be frank, laundry does not yolo like he did here.

How he plays in league, past mafia games. yugioh, I don't buy how he claimed earlier, damn you guys buying so high, to talking two powers. I am very skeptical of this.

I am no expert on laundry but I do not trust him right now.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Like, I legit expect a vote like that from slots like Jay and Kursed because they're idiots who don't see my perspective because they have little experience but you biting on it just makes me a emit a vocal sigh.

Oh well. Let's get back to your posts.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh and please downgrade me as you posted.

I legit do not like you how called people out for puting a lot of money on the line then 180'd to take it all.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So Laundry reads off the bidding?
I mean, you can only get so much off people just posting bids and at this stage of the game. It gets so much easier when you have a flip in hand because you can see what scum were prioritizing and what they were avoiding. I already hit the high points of it:

-Zalak potentially traitor as traitor gets great usage out of a neighborizer in order to talk to his mates but I don't think he was witty/experienced enough to pick up on that and deliberately snipe it. Still possible but not likely.
-Don't trust Kursed off his outburst about Rosa one-upping his bid by a single dollar instead of just outbidding him. Strange, strange outburst. Jay liking it colors me wrong.
-Don't really get how the RB was utterly ignored. Gonna keep mentioning Orbo being interested in it because I want that looked atin the later phases once flips are in hand.

I don't like Kursed. I think Jay is questionable but a Jay/Kursed scumteam is far too easy. I think Rosa is town if Kursed is scum. Outside of that there's just too little to say. Tomorrow's bidding phase will be much more telling.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Oh and please downgrade me as you posted.

I legit do not like you how called people out for puting a lot of money on the line then 180'd to take it all.
Because other people are more likely to be around on D3 and have that money to use. If I make it that far, I'd be utterly surprised. I planned on doing that for the stinkbug just to keep it out of people's hands but then I decided to take the RB too because it went far too easy and I doubted I'd spend the money later. May as well roll it.

Was kinda dumb of me to bid as much as I did but 4k probably wouldn't have gotten me much of anything tomorrow, providing I do somehow survive.

@ Kursed Kursed I see you viewing. Pls post.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
now, if youd be so kind, please play the game and dont waste yours, and our, time. that is, unless youre the type of basement dweller who puruses from forum to forum looking to start a problem. if thats the case, get some ****in sun and feel the inside of a girl so you can learn how much more there is to life than a computer monitor.
Lmao this made me laugh. this is my new signature. I really don't know how to respond

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
hmm

laundry tell me why it is youre still convinced rosa's sheeping you as a town read is a town tell/not a scum tell

ruy id appreciate it if you read the entirety of the thread before responding, cuz i think youre just getting lost wrt laundrys sniping the items.

kursed have you read the thread? there are players who have directly responded to you and you should respond to what theyre asking. also, who is scum and why?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
-Zalak potentially traitor as traitor gets great usage out of a neighborizer in order to talk to his mates but I don't think he was witty/experienced enough to pick up on that and deliberately snipe it. Still possible but not likely.
How dare you?? I was pro in my FIRST GAME of mafia. I'm pretty sure you're just using my inexperience as an excuse for you to explain how you're "unsure" of my role, making you seem more townie. Please put a little effort into your fake reads, Laundromat

:158:

Unvote, Vote: Laundry

Let me explain an actual reason for me not being the town traitor. If a townie has it, the traitor can't snag it. Besides, whoever gets the neighborhood is instantly suspicious for owning such a great town traitor item. So if the town traitor were to grab the neighborhood and get even slightly too chummy with a couple of players, they would all be in trouble.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
But what if you are scum?

Playing yolo like you did 4-5 years ago in that game where EE won vs J in yolo.

I refuse to play you off as town for this, give me solid reads or I will demand a wagon on you, dead serious. You scare me more than anyone else in this game.
"Playing YOLO like I did 4-5 years ago" pls ruy that game was so long ago to isolate just that game on the whole of my history i do ******** **** all the time

I never asked you to play me off as town. I said as much to Gorf, I'm simply just creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. None of this is an attempt to get people to townread me. What I'm doing is simply taking an advantage where I see one--and that's threefold:

1) Through the stinkbug, which is what I was truly interested in as my bidding history shows, I get an effect that lasts on the game after I am dead. I wanted this both because it is something I can use against scum and it's something scum can use to make plays. I was even more right on that latter part than I imagine but I am not disclosing how this or my roleblocker works.

2) Through the roleblocker, I have my only shot of surviving through the night phase. I'm already skeptical of how little attention it gained in the bidding phase as well but I needed that if I wanted to continue playing.

3) It denies scum both of those roles. More importantly, it puts them on one target. You're right, it's hypocritical for me to call people out for bidding so much on this **** and then blowing all of my money in one go on two powers, but look at the result it's had: I have the entire thread talking about me, my actions, and why I did them. The entire game is focused on me, and when it's not focused on that, I drew in other players to talk to me (see: my actions with Nabe). Why in God's green Earth would I put so much of a spotlight on myself as scum?

You're paranoid, and I don't really blame you for that, but you're acting in reaction to my approach but without seeing the results of my play. That's putting the cart before the horse in my eyes. Let me play. I'm getting some results.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Even though there's no jester in this game, I feel like Laundry is the jester. That's how strong my mafia read is.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
How dare you?? I was pro in my FIRST GAME of mafia. I'm pretty sure you're just using my inexperience as an excuse for you to explain how you're "unsure" of my role, making you seem more townie. Please put a little effort into your fake reads, Laundromat

:158:
Unvote, Vote: Laundry

Let me explain an actual reason for me not being the town traitor. If a townie has it, the traitor can't snag it. Besides, whoever gets the neighborhood is instantly suspicious for owning such a great town traitor item. So if the town traitor were to grab the neighborhood and get even slightly too chummy with a couple of players, they would all be in trouble.
A read is not a note. A note is not a read. I made a note of the possibility but that I doubted it as well. I don't read you any which way.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
kursed have you read the thread? there are players who have directly responded to you and you should respond to what theyre asking. also, who is scum and why?
Oh I'll go find those posts.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
ebwop

"...sheeping you to justify her town read on you* is a town tell..."
long story short, it's not. I do see where it can be a scumslip or a simple phrasing error. I want you to push it more but I am more convinced Kursed is scum, which is why I'm not joining you on that. Kursed's flip also may give me more on Rosa, as if Kursed flips scum, then I doubt that he'd have an outburst like that to his own scummate.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
wait wtf i gain nothing by hiding how my **** works i have the damn roleblocker

Both of my powers are actually stronger than I imagined when I got them. The roleblocker doesn't just block for a night phase--it also blocks for the following day phase as well. It actually just blocks for a full cycle--I can use both this and the stinkbug at any single time. I don't need to wait for night. I'm just waiting because that's when I get the most use out of them.

The stinkbug makes someone hated, like I said, but it doesn't last the whole game. Instead, it makes someone take 2 less votes to lynch on the first day it's active and then 1 less on the following day. After that, the stink disappears and the hated modifier goes away.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I would imagine that there are mechanics to Zalak's neighborizer that weren't explicitly inferred from the actual description Gheb gave--I would imagine it's a slight bit stronger than what it seems but I have no proof of that. I do want to note that my **** is stronger than I thought though, because that is highly useful information for town.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
since you guys are ******** about my actual reads:

Town:
Gorf-Only player playing the damn game besides me. Actually seems intent on making moves, he has a good push on Rosa, doesn't seem to be taking the opportunistic lynches he looks for as scum (pushing me would be hella easy for him with the way that I've been acting like a magnet).

Nulltown:
Ruy-Looks like townRuy who is actually trying to scumhunt. Need to see more to confirm that sentiment as it is still possible it's scumRuy going ham on what he sees as a slip-up on my part. Don't think it's likely which is why he appears on the town side of this list.
Nabe-I have no real basis for this, just that I don't see the manipulative potential yet. He gets ornery that I explicitly call him out but he tried too hard to outwit me and didn't realize I was just covering my bases, which is pretty typical. He at least seems to be questioning the right slots instead of just flat-out hiding but this is a very tentative and unfulfilled observation.

Null:
Orbo-I got nothin' but potential notes for the future on this player. He's played a lot in the background but that's typical for Orbo. Could stand to pressure this slot. High interest in roleblocker.
Zalak-what are you doing pls go
Dietz-ur playing this game?
Maven-ur playing this game?

Null-scum:
Rosa: Potential scumslip, potential bad phrasing. Don't know which way but it looks more like a scumslip to me just based on what she was trying to get at with that FoS. I buy that Kursed is scum more which is why my vote isn't there but it could find its way to Rosa if Kursed somehow manages to redeem himself. I'd be surprised if he even responded to me.
Jay: Very similar play to Kursed but I don't have nearly enough to read into his actions like I can Kursed. Had a high interest in the stinkbug despite not knowing what it did at first (which is weird). I want to pressure this slot more as well.

Scum:
Kursed-I've said why. Weird, too invested in the stinkbug, got weirdly pissy with Rosa for no substantially good reason, has since retreated to his shell now that he's been called out for his play. Scummy.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Even though there's no jester in this game, I feel like Laundry is the jester. That's how strong my mafia read is.
No but the traitor wants to play like a jester because he needs to die for the sake of the mafia's numbers. I've already pointed out to Gorf why this doesn't make sense with my actions, so this doesn't really work.

#HBC | Gorf

long story short, it's not. I do see where it can be a scumslip or a simple phrasing error. I want you to push it more but I am more convinced Kursed is scum, which is why I'm not joining you on that. Kursed's flip also may give me more on Rosa, as if Kursed flips scum, then I doubt that he'd have an outburst like that to his own scummate.

woah

its like were... working toward a similar goal or something.

@ Zalak Zalak your read on laundry sounds like its entirely revolved around being offended and wifom. if im right, stop doing that and be more objective plz & ty. if im wrong, guide me plz & ty.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
@ Kursed Kursed pl0x explain tyvm
Explain my read on Laundry?

FoS Kursed
Why would you want to lynch the guy with all the items? It's considerably more likely he's town, than mafia. And if he is town, then he's probably going to be killed anyway.
Is this protection over laundry i feel?
>push it off cause' he'll be killed anyways

That'd be a waste.

How would placing it on me be a waste? You seem very determined to get me lynched. I find it very off how you mocked people for bidding then decided out of nowhere to buy 2/3 items with all of your money. I feel as if you will use this to convince people that you're innocent. I'm also really suprised how many people jumped to your defense. With all of these people defending you, i feel as if you'll become more trusted. I admit this isn't a strong read but i'm trying.

#HBC | Gorf

no kursed i mean

please explain why it is you reacted the way you did to (goin off memory here so forgive me for mistakes) myself and nabe inching up the bids in comparison to rosa and laundry doing the same thing. you seemed to not react to the former and had negative ones to the latter

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
legit serious join me town and make him talk.
Sorry, I really wanna go back to this again because it's less funny and more "I have a sudden good point to make about it" that I noticed on scrolling back up.

Make me talk about what?

My 180? You're not the first person to bring it up and not only did I explain to them why I did it, I also didn't shut up about it. I figured that no matter what I did, most of the game was gonna revolve around me doing that sudden and hyphy snipe that I did. Rather than just let it build up, I chose to direct it. I talked about it. I kept explaining why I did it. I kept saying ****. The game was gonna talk about it, so I talked about it as well. You can't say "make him talk" when that's all I've been doing--explaining that snipe and why I did it.
My reads? I've been forthright that I think Kursed is scum. I've been forthright that I don't trust Jay. I've been pretty obvious that I don't like Rosa and that I think Gorf's push is good. I went out of my way to make Nabe talk so I can start trying to read him. I keep making notes on orbo so that people look at that slot when I'm gone. You can't say "make him talk" if it's about my reads because I've been fairly open as to them as well.

So, really Ruy, what do you think I'm withholding? What do you think I need to talk about?

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf what're your thoughts on this sudden push from ruy? why did he vote kursed with me and then suddenly swap to me?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
"Playing YOLO like I did 4-5 years ago" pls ruy that game was so long ago to isolate just that game on the whole of my history i do ******** **** all the time

I never asked you to play me off as town. I said as much to Gorf, I'm simply just creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. None of this is an attempt to get people to townread me. What I'm doing is simply taking an advantage where I see one--and that's threefold:

1) Through the stinkbug, which is what I was truly interested in as my bidding history shows, I get an effect that lasts on the game after I am dead. I wanted this both because it is something I can use against scum and it's something scum can use to make plays. I was even more right on that latter part than I imagine but I am not disclosing how this or my roleblocker works.

2) Through the roleblocker, I have my only shot of surviving through the night phase. I'm already skeptical of how little attention it gained in the bidding phase as well but I needed that if I wanted to continue playing.

3) It denies scum both of those roles. More importantly, it puts them on one target. You're right, it's hypocritical for me to call people out for bidding so much on this **** and then blowing all of my money in one go on two powers, but look at the result it's had: I have the entire thread talking about me, my actions, and why I did them. The entire game is focused on me, and when it's not focused on that, I drew in other players to talk to me (see: my actions with Nabe). Why in God's green Earth would I put so much of a spotlight on myself as scum?

You're paranoid, and I don't really blame you for that, but you're acting in reaction to my approach but without seeing the results of my play. That's putting the cart before the horse in my eyes. Let me play. I'm getting some results.

Damn it...this got me thinking more.

Got a read on Gorf?

Even still can I expect you to work with me here, you agree Kursed reaction was grimy yes?

Top Bottom