• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Speaking of wastes, that'd also be it. I am not a traitor. For once.

:186:
Actually, let me go a bit further in depth as to why that doesn't make sense.

Why would I snipe both of these power items as traitor? Especially with my stated reasons? Why would I then come into this thread and continue to keep talking about how I'm likely to die and successfully manage to draw the attention of the game onto myself? These two facets don't make sense. A mafia traitor will likely avoid having the item--except for the neighborizer, mind, traitor gets a lot of value out of it--because mafia may shoot him. While this gets the attention of the mafia, it also removes not one, but two powerful objects that mafia could've won and made better use of through coordination and subtlety than a traitor trying to get himself shot/lynched. You know how powerful a roleblock is for mafia, especially in a game where the PRs are publicly announced, and the scum could've done some really good power plays with this stinkbug. What you're trying to insinuate doesn't make a lick of sense.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
How do you know i'm angry. I stopped bidding much before the end, if i really wanted the item I could have kept sniping. Also apparently buying items makes people town so in that logic you're innocent and Zalak is also innocent?
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never called Zalak innocent and I am not calling myself innocent for buying items. As for your anger, I'm working back to that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
im not town reading you for it and, in fact, veto your desire to use the thread to look like youre trying to sway the NA's toward yourself. please be readable in the normal way so we dont unnecessarily clash.
Too late for that boo.

you are sorely misrepresenting rosa's play by saying shes biting on for mechanical reasons. she sheeped your explanation for why you sniped the rb and the stinkbug and decided to use that as a solid town read, when in reality that is very much not an okay thing to do.
Except Rosa made a point and then specifically admitted she misunderstood after someone pointed something else out:

I'd noticed that, but I realised my reasoning was wrong. I thought the mafia would probably kill those least suspicious, or those who might have PRs, then remembered there are no PRs.

TL;DR: nvm about my question.
So I don't get your hatred for that slot.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
FoS Kursed
Why would you want to lynch the guy with all the items? It's considerably more likely he's town, than mafia. And if he is town, then he's probably going to be killed anyway.
Oh, her throwing that question of was related to this question:

Why would you buy so many items, knowing that you're probably going to die?
not the original quote.

I was wrong. Carry on.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So for a guy who's "not angry", I'm really having a hard time buying it. As soon as Rosa ups the bid on the stinkbug (which both Kursed and Jay were partaking in a bidding war, gonna go back and look at that in a second), this is Kursed's immediate reaction:

Rosalina don't even pull this ****
(Note: Jay also liked this post so he agrees with the sentiment).

So now that Kursed lost out on his stinkbug to me, this is his immediate response:

"Ew

Gross"

Vote: Laundry
The reason why it's in quotes relates to the ongoing mini. I don't think I can explain much until it ends (it's about to but it's not over yet), but it is referencing my initial vote on him, where I simply quoted something he said, called it gross, and voted him. What I take from this is that he has a vendetta against me.

Thankfully, he also gives us a bit of a look into his mindset:
I stopped bidding much before the end, if i really wanted the item I could have kept sniping.
I don't get your problem with Rosa earlier then. You claim to have no problem with sniping, so I don't get why you were angry at Rosa for putting it up a single dollar. It's not like there's etiquette rules or anything like that and a single dollar is easy to outbid, so the "seriously?" reaction you gave doesn't make much sense either. Then you throw yourself at me, though I don't know if that's related to this, just a personal vendetta against me, or you seeing a contradiction in word and action and refusing to or being incapable of understanding the context behind it.

Your actions don't add up due to lack of consistency and I do question how much you wanted that stinkbug. I'm going to reference the actual bidding war that went on that item now as it got a fair bit of traction, surprisingly more than the role blocker.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Draw you into the public eye so you don't hide in the shadows like you normally want to do.
No, that reason doesn't fit. If you actually expected me to come in being "nebulous", exhibiting some tell that in your opinion demonstrates me being PR/mafia, in a game where there is no possibility of me being a PR, then you're tossing out a potential mafia tell by voicing it prior to my play.

But to begin with, I seriously doubt that you would have ever expected me to play that way, because there are no PRs, and it wouldn't be a viable strategy for VT or mafia without hidden PRs in the game. ** If you simply wanted me to play an active game, you would have said, "Don't lurk."

So you're posting on the second layer, wherein you know I'm not going to post that way. And the only motivation I can think of for such a post would be to posture for other players with empty intimidation. Am I wrong?

** (The only role for which there might be any sort of rationale for such a playful strategy is as traitor, flirting the line to show mafia who you are while not getting lynched by town -- but you threw any potential of using it as a tell out the window, so that never crossed your mind to begin with.)

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
No, that reason doesn't fit. If you actually expected me to come in being "nebulous", exhibiting some tell that in your opinion demonstrates me being PR/mafia, in a game where there is no possibility of me being a PR, then you're tossing out a potential mafia tell by voicing it prior to my play.

But to begin with, I seriously doubt that you would have ever expected me to play that way, because there are no PRs, and it wouldn't be a viable strategy for VT or mafia without hidden PRs in the game. ** If you simply wanted me to play an active game, you would have said, "Don't lurk."

So you're posting on the second layer, wherein you know I'm not going to post that way. And the only motivation I can think of for such a post would be to posture for other players with empty intimidation. Am I wrong?
You're wrong because you assumed too much. To me, being in the background and saying little is your standard fair, but you seem to have a knack for drawing a PR or a mafia role pm along with it so it works for you. That was, effectively, a roundabout way of saying "don't lurk or i'll murder you". I was trying to cut you off from playing like that in the first place specifically to draw you out and see if you were going to play the game or not.

It worked. Thanks Nabe.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Rosalina don't even pull this ****
I keep coming back to this because it sticks out like a sore thumb. Gorf outbid by $1 earlier and he doesn't bat an eye, Rosalina does it and he gets pissed. Nabe does it later just before the end though I think Nabe was specifically sniping at that point.

Jay consistently bid the item up, but that like on that post just seems out of place if he didn't mind the sniping from Gorf earlier.

Orbo wanted that role blocker quite a lot. He had most of the bids on that item.

Ruy and Maven not bidding is questionable. I forgot both were in this game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kursed [3] - Orbo, Laundry, Maven
Rosalina [3] - Gorf, Jay, Zalak

Not voting: Red Ryu, RosalinaSGS, Kursed, Nabe, Dietz
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch

:059:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Yeah, Laundry isn't either from his play.
make original statements please, or at least don't stack yours right behind someone elses saying the same thing :)
Because I am mafia trying to lynch the town.
why even say this. Its a terrible joke if you were trying that route and it doesn't make sense as anything else
Vote: Rosa

We can't assume someone is town just because they own the two items. You're saying the mafia will just kill them tonight if he's town, but the mafia could easily leave him alive, making some of us think he's mafia. That way they can shine attention on someone else, and still get a kill tonight.
plz no edits

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
i h8 u gheb xD

i guess by that this means that the traitor WONT get transferred, which pretty much diminishes my possible suspicion of laundry. ill tackle the rest of the thread later

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I keep coming back to this because it sticks out like a sore thumb. Gorf outbid by $1 earlier and he doesn't bat an eye, Rosalina does it and he gets pissed. Nabe does it later just before the end though I think Nabe was specifically sniping at that point.

Jay consistently bid the item up, but that like on that post just seems out of place if he didn't mind the sniping from Gorf earlier.

Orbo wanted that role blocker quite a lot. He had most of the bids on that item.

Flashing to rajams game where not bidding enough ****ed me over in the end by ryker n zen.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Oh, that's weird. I don't remember editing any posts, and I swear I didn't change anything.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I believe there's an obvious explanation for why Kursed didn't object to Gorf/Nabe, but I'll let him explain it for himself.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeh, Nabe always gets persnickety. He plays the game like a cat, hiding in the shadows until he can make a move and gets grumpy when you pay attention to him.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Flashing to rajams game where not bidding enough ****ed me over in the end by ryker n zen.
Oh no I have no problems with that, I'm just curious why the role blocker went virtually untouched and why you're the only one with a modicum of interest in it.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I'm still waiting for gorf to give me some advice

#HBC | Gorf

I'm still waiting for gorf to give me some advice
the type of statement you make sways the effect of the answer. for example,

"are you scum?"

"i refuse to answer the question."

this is normal and not something that can be taken further.

"are you scum?"

"yes, i mean no, i mean GODDAMNIT IDK HOW TO ANSWER THIS."

this is something thatll not only warrant likes for your post, but also get the point across that the other person is a ****ing moron. that last part is important when making an ass out of someone. but please note the following:

"are you scum?"

"nah, i just ate four salads for dinner. doofus."

this makes the answerer look like a ****ing moron and makes them look like they have the competence of a seven year old.

the lesson is, the best way to get under peoples skin is to be a sarcastic asshole while still being true to the subject at hand. but in the end, id suggest doing this sparingly and when the moment calls for it. for example, your content is so miniscule that you just come across as someone who shouldnt be playing mafia, whereas if you actually were to scumhunt, you may come off as someone who should be in this game.

now, if youd be so kind, please play the game and dont waste yours, and our, time. that is, unless youre the type of basement dweller who puruses from forum to forum looking to start a problem. if thats the case, get some ****in sun and feel the inside of a girl so you can learn how much more there is to life than a computer monitor.

#HBC | Gorf

Actually, let me go a bit further in depth as to why that doesn't make sense.

Why would I snipe both of these power items as traitor? Especially with my stated reasons? Why would I then come into this thread and continue to keep talking about how I'm likely to die and successfully manage to draw the attention of the game onto myself? These two facets don't make sense. A mafia traitor will likely avoid having the item--except for the neighborizer, mind, traitor gets a lot of value out of it--because mafia may shoot him. While this gets the attention of the mafia, it also removes not one, but two powerful objects that mafia could've won and made better use of through coordination and subtlety than a traitor trying to get himself shot/lynched. You know how powerful a roleblock is for mafia, especially in a game where the PRs are publicly announced, and the scum could've done some really good power plays with this stinkbug. What you're trying to insinuate doesn't make a lick of sense.

yea yea yea my theory had to do with nk recruitment, but since that doesnt seem to be the case it doesnt make much sense.

also yea kursed should answer laundry in detail

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm back from the funeral but I'm too wiped out from the drive back to be arsed to make real posts.

Real contribution starts tomorrow when I can read up, thanks for your patience y'all.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
You're wrong because you assumed too much. To me, being in the background and saying little is your standard fair, but you seem to have a knack for drawing a PR or a mafia role pm along with it so it works for you. That was, effectively, a roundabout way of saying "don't lurk or i'll murder you". I was trying to cut you off from playing like that in the first place specifically to draw you out and see if you were going to play the game or not.

It worked. Thanks Nabe.
fight me irl

Why did you use "a roundabout way" of saying that?

I think Laundry had a point in saying Nabe wanted to lurk most of the time, which I don't like.
Elaborate on the bolded. What about my play in this game so far suggests to you an intention to lurk?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
fight me irl

Why did you use "a roundabout way" of saying that?
get baited nerd

Because I was being specific. I was calling attention to your style of play. Saying "don't lurk" doesn't completely cover it, because you can still make posts while still being tantalizingly safe/null/buzzword/etc.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

The only power I wanted was the neighborhood, but not to the degree people were bidding for it $_$.

Unless a cop or doc power shows up I will sit out of bits, I'd rather draw the nightkill off that since people here think I am trash and I need that to eat a night kill.

tl;dr, I don;t care for a hated at all, roleblock kind of interested but not for the price, waned neighborhood but not for the price.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
The only power I wanted was the neighborhood, but not to the degree people were bidding for it $_$.

Unless a cop or doc power shows up I will sit out of bits, I'd rather draw the nightkill off that since people here think I am trash and I need that to eat a night kill.

tl;dr, I don;t care for a hated at all, roleblock kind of interested but not for the price, waned neighborhood but not for the price.

k

Top Bottom