• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

Orboknown

Smash Hero
God but thats a terrible mindset for ut. Something like that you should have already had options for when you bid on it

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I mean, if scum want the neighborizor, sure, but I kept both the roleblocker out of scum's hands and the stinkbug out of the scum's hands. They're the two abilities that probably help scum the most.

P.S. I'm town and if I live through tonight I'll be shocked. I wanted that Roleblocker because it's my only chance of living and I wanted that Stinkbug because it's a one-shot ability I can use before I die and have some chance of impacting the game after my death.

:186:
He kinda already explained that one

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
He kinda already explained that one
I'd noticed that, but I realised my reasoning was wrong. I thought the mafia would probably kill those least suspicious, or those who might have PRs, then remembered there are no PRs.

TL;DR: nvm about my question.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Bid phase 1 ends!

~~~
..... aaaaaaaaaand with that bids are done for now, ladies and gentlemen!

Here are our results:

The 1x Roleblocker add-on and the Stinkbug both go to WashedLaundry for a spectacular bid of 10000 each!
Zalak is the lucky winner of the 2x Neighborhood add-on! A whooping 11000 went into that one. It'll sure be worth it though! Congrats for getting this amazing item.

Items will be handed out shortly! Stay tuned, folk!

~~~
Day 1 starts, with 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch;
Deadline is the last minute of friday, 3rd April!

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
hell, whos to say that laundry didnt just really want those items as scum? him snatching those two items is indicative of nothing alignment wise from what ive seen.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'd noticed that, but I realised my reasoning was wrong. I thought the mafia would probably kill those least suspicious, or those who might have PRs, then remembered there are no PRs.

TL;DR: nvm about my question.
Not only that but it's public who gets the PRS. I could play like ass today but I still will have a giant bead on my back from the mafia for jacking those items. I'll do a fuller analysis later.

#HBC | Gorf

i mean, yea, youve got fair reason to snipe those bids as town, but dont you realize from a 3rd person pov your play isnt indicative of either play? the logic you presented is circular as **** and you and i both know that. i aint callin you town or scum from that, but its worth noting that rosa just up and accepted that you MUST be town cuz of the logic you presented.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i mean, yea, youve got fair reason to snipe those bids as town, but dont you realize from a 3rd person pov your play isnt indicative of either play? the logic you presented is circular as **** and you and i both know that. i aint callin you town or scum from that, but its worth noting that rosa just up and accepted that you MUST be town cuz of the logic you presented.
No, I'm aware. I'm setting up something of a self-fulfilling prophecy, but I don't expect yoi to town read me for it.

Rosa biting on mechanical reasons is par for the course though so I don't get why you and jay are jumping hard at that slot. Meanwhile kursed is real ****ing mad he didn't get the item he really ****ing wanted and that's infinitely more questionable to me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe you can't play the nebulous "I'm a PR or I'm mafia" game you love to play so if I see any inkling of you playing that sort of game, I'm lynching you on the spot.

:186;

#HBC | Gorf

No, I'm aware. I'm setting up something of a self-fulfilling prophecy, but I don't expect yoi to town read me for it.

Rosa biting on mechanical reasons is par for the course though so I don't get why you and jay are jumping hard at that slot. Meanwhile kursed is real ****ing mad he didn't get the item he really ****ing wanted and that's infinitely more questionable to me.

im not town reading you for it and, in fact, veto your desire to use the thread to look like youre trying to sway the NA's toward yourself. please be readable in the normal way so we dont unnecessarily clash.

you are sorely misrepresenting rosa's play by saying shes biting on for mechanical reasons. she sheeped your explanation for why you sniped the rb and the stinkbug and decided to use that as a solid town read, when in reality that is very much not an okay thing to do.

ill look into kursed and see whether or not what you say about his intentions hold up, but atm he has an unjustified read which i assume he made cuz he saw you/someone in a past game do something similar, but yea @ Kursed Kursed pl0x explain tyvm

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx

How do you know i'm angry. I stopped bidding much before the end, if i really wanted the item I could have kept sniping. Also apparently buying items makes people town so in that logic you're innocent and Zalak is also innocent?

#HBC | Gorf

kursed was your vote on laundry anything more than rvs?

also, what are you implying with your last statement? i dont think anybody explicitly said that, rather laundry is giving reason for his buying the items from a townie perspective. its not enough to call him town, but its fair game for him to just say that.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
kursed was your vote on laundry anything more than rvs?

also, what are you implying with your last statement? i dont think anybody explicitly said that, rather laundry is giving reason for his buying the items from a townie perspective. its not enough to call him town, but its fair game for him to just say that.
Because I am mafia trying to lynch the town.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe you can't play the nebulous "I'm a PR or I'm mafia" game you love to play so if I see any inkling of you playing that sort of game, I'm lynching you on the spot.
What exactly are you doing with this post?

I can understand how neighbourhood can be useful, but I don't understand why it would be so valuable. Honestly, I think stinkbug is more useful. It has a clear use and purpose, and is unlikely to backfire.
Is a neighbourhood likely to backfire, in your opinion?

#HBC | Gorf

Because I am mafia trying to lynch the town.
your answer doesnt even contextually make sense. if youd like i can teach you how to properly get under somebodys skin in mafia while still maintaining your intellectual ability. of course, this is assuming you have intellectual ability, which since i dont know you, im not sure about.

I never got the impression Rosa found Laundry town?
FoS Kursed
Why would you want to lynch the guy with all the items? It's considerably more likely he's town, than mafia. And if he is town, then he's probably going to be killed anyway.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Interesting point. I've never played a game with a role like that.
However that's a very odd way of painting a target on ones' self.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The OP of this thread contains all the relevant info to answer that question.

:059:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Vote: Rosa

We can't assume someone is town just because they own the two items. You're saying the mafia will just kill them tonight if he's town, but the mafia could easily leave him alive, making some of us think he's mafia. That way they can shine attention on someone else, and still get a kill tonight.

Last edited:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
your answer doesnt even contextually make sense. if youd like i can teach you how to properly get under somebodys skin in mafia while still maintaining your intellectual ability. of course, this is assuming you have intellectual ability, which since i dont know you, im not sure about.
I would love to learn how to get under mafia skin.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
If Laundry places the stinkbug on me I'm sure he is mafia

Top Bottom