• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Gotta piece this together because Ruy being traitor didn't make a lot of sense to me until I pieced a few things he said together that didn't make sense to me at first. Looking for the quotes atm.

:186:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Laundry is honestly coming off as more townie to me right now, but I'm still heavily bothered by some of his posts.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Nabe i doubt youd be nkd in that situation over anyone else and am defs feeling some move swinging type **** from you

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ k

Ryu's only memorable posts in this game (for me) have been him cheering me over Laundry/Nabe. I haven't gotten any scum vibes from him whatsoever. Granted, I don't think I have the magic eyes for Ryu's alignment anymore, I could probably be wrong. Traitor is out of left field for me. And I don't have any read on Gorf.
Mmm, yeah Traitor is still a mystery to everyone but them atm unless Laundry has got some phat info.

Why don't you have any read on Gorf?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Laundry is honestly coming off as more townie to me right now, but I'm still heavily bothered by some of his posts.
When I spend the first half of the game looking like a ******, that's gonna ****ing happen. When I comprise probably 25% of the posts of the game, that is also gonna happen. No one's gonna look perfectly townie over the course of a game. People have their scummy moments.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Alllllright then. I guess that's fine to break the neighborhood if it wasn't doing any good, but still it was out of nowhere. What prompted now as a good time to come forward with it?
I told Zalak I'd do it before the end of the Day. We're 24 hours from deadline now, and I can't promise a ton of activity tomorrow.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, I'm on an actual computer now.

Ruy is town traitor, Gorf is Mafia, Rosalina is my choice for Gorf's buddy though I'm not as sold on this one.

I need quotes for all of these but I'll start with Ruy because it's the one I'm most sure on and the one that I think pulls the rest of the game together for me.

****ing nevermind. herewego!.jpg

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm trying to find this one specific post from Ruy because it's the thing that tipped me off but I can't find it at the moment. It's his response to me asking him why he didn't bid today.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gotta piece this together because Ruy being traitor didn't make a lot of sense to me until I pieced a few things he said together that didn't make sense to me at first. Looking for the quotes atm.

da ****? Where did this come from?
I'm trying to find this one specific post from Ruy because it's the thing that tipped me off but I can't find it at the moment. It's his response to me asking him why he didn't bid today.

Here ya go,

The only power I wanted was the neighborhood, but not to the degree people were bidding for it $_$.

Unless a cop or doc power shows up I will sit out of bits, I'd rather draw the nightkill off that since people here think I am trash and I need that to eat a night kill.

tl;dr, I don;t care for a hated at all, roleblock kind of interested but not for the price, waned neighborhood but not for the price.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Okay, I'm on an actual computer now.

Ruy is town traitor, Gorf is Mafia, Rosalina is my choice for Gorf's buddy though I'm not as sold on this one.

I need quotes for all of these but I'll start with Ruy because it's the one I'm most sure on and the one that I think pulls the rest of the game together for me.
Not at all what I was expecting (me). Greatly looking forward to this, leaving shortly however.

Mmm, yeah Traitor is still a mystery to everyone but them atm unless Laundry has got some phat info.

Why don't you have any read on Gorf?
Ever since marshy, I defer to other reads on Gorf, always. The only time I've ever "read" Gorf correctly was Bingo Mafia 1 when I fakeclaimed cop as VT to sink his hydra with Kuz, D2. But I didn't really read him correctly then, I just didn't like his play and picked him because I needed to pick someone, because I wanted to get VT-banged after a bad D1.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I can see in restrospect what laundrys prolly gonna pull from that post. Gonna be busy moving **** for a bit so I'll chip in after that

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm in the middle of having epiphanies about this game. Things are starting to add up. Will reread to confirm some suspicions (or maybe find more) but here's my biggest one:

Ruy may, in fact, be the town traitor.

Bbl

Bring it.

I ain't a damn traitor, bring your case.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
****ing found it.

"So why is Ruy your pick for traitor, Laundry?"

Honestly it didn't really seem that possible to me at first and I'm still not fully sold that he is, in fact traitor, but it makes a lot of sense to me why he would be. There are a lot of weird little things he's done that don't or didn't fully add up to me when he said them but I could never put my finger on why--his perspective didn't seem like that of a scummer's. However, I was thinking back, and I remembered this post:

The only power I wanted was the neighborhood, but not to the degree people were bidding for it $_$.

Unless a cop or doc power shows up I will sit out of bits, I'd rather draw the nightkill off that since people here think I am trash and I need that to eat a night kill.
This bothered me immensely at the time but I couldn't imagine why a townie would deprive a power from their alignment just to eat a nightkill. Then it hit me that there's one in this game that doesn't win with the town. Once I realized that it might be possible, more facets of Ruy's play started to fall into place as the traitor.

For example, his priorities:

quote="Red Ryu, post: 18866001, member: 119088"]
Yes he is tunneling but I think right now he sees something off with you. I would like him to expand outside of that but I find other matters to be more important, Kursed, Rosie, Dietz, Maven.[/quote]
(A blatant scapegoat, a guy who just asked for replacement, and two guys who simply just weren't ****ing here, basically no real pressure here)

All of his reads are vague:

Kursed is still my #1 lynch right now.

He is not contributing to town and keeps dancing around making legit content.

I only question Gorf on his lack of really any direction right now outside of maybe Rosie easier which I didn't think was that strong, but he is making some interactions and trying to get a good solid read on people so I can give him that.

Zalak screams town to me off his directions and intent.

Looking at Jay a little but nothing screams to me like he is scum,

Nabe v Laundry is giving me a tvt vibe. I might see more later to show for one or another but right now I do not think lynching between them is a good idea.
He was the first to reach the conclusion that Nabe and I was a TvT scenario, but when pressured it was some sort of "I don't want to make enemies" resolution:

I'm looking at both mindsets and trying to narrow down where you are both coming from.

I agree you're earlier posts look like you are putting up a front, but I'm not as sure that is scum motivated since I know you aim for the control and leader role when you can and I can see that kind of post from you if you want to get people moving and working.

Nabe found something he thought didn't make sense given the set-up, I agree on that much.

I agree to press you on what you did earlier, but I do not think right now either if going to be as fruitful as the other areas I listed above and find a TvT situation to be more likely given how I think you both believe in what you are posting.

That's the big thing here, I don't see a sense of forcefulness or offering some form of fake front from either of you. Rather I see an interpretation I find to have validity in pushing and judging from your posts I find you both to have solid points and believe in your posts.

This is why I narrowed it down as TvT.
Basically "you're both right", which, if one of us was, then we should lynch that ****ing slot. If Nabe's right and I'm lying scum trying to set him up to look scummy. If I'm right, then Nabe's scum twisting my words in order to get me lynched.

What this leaves me with is that Ruy is highly likely to be traitor. His gameplan, providing I'm right, was to sit back and avoid really doing much to go undetected until he saw that powerful role he wanted. Then he'd snipe it, draw scum's nightkill, and prevent town from having it all in one go.

I don't necessarily want to lynch him for it, though, because I don't want to do scum's dirty work, but at the same time, I can't prevent him from stealing a power and dying with it like he would want as traitor.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Anyways, skimed the latest posts. Nothing stuck out but again a skim, Zalak confuses me but I want to keep him as town, Jay, the Jay from Wisconsin, seems ok with me for now. I want Nabe to expand on others. Gorf still worries me, he's playing way too much arm chair for my liking. Laundry wtf at you thinking I am a traitor.

I need to stay off for now so my dad can get the cord that is connected to his knee removed for the leaking blood and other stuff from his knee. Please at least lynch Kursed, that needs to happen above all else.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh damn Laundry brought the fire, guess it wasn't just smoke, still will try to get to that tomorrow because dad issues.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Given that I think Ruy is traitor, I think Nabe is likely town as a result.

I was already coming to this conclusion but didn't simply wanna let him off the hook for nothing when his content outside me was absolute ass. I was also skeptical of him drawing the thread back to me continuously, as that's a thing scum like to do when they think they can lynch a player. The thing was, the more I looked at Nabe's posts, the less I suspected that he was a scum manipulating me to lynch me and more that he was a townie who was simply (too) convinced he had found scum and wanted the thread to lynch him. It makes just as much sense as what I was thinking of. This lead me to reconsider what scum were trying to do in this game.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The ever loving **** is that horse****, Nabe?

Jay has to confirm. I guess Nabe wants to die today after all.

I haven't looked at the convo since I posted what Zalak and Nabe stated. I'll go look and see if everything else is true.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Your use of the word "truly' bothers me. I feel like that's the kind of word a LIAR would use. So uh, why do you think Kursed is town?
His play is really nutty from a mafia perspective ( even more than town. )

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
As Nabe said, I avoided the convo because I don't know how to use it and didn't want it to sway me in any wrong directions as a result.

Looked at it, and yes, Zalak claimed, and Nabe laid out 3 potential reasons:

1: Zalak is town traitor, lying about knowing we're scum
2: Zalak is town lying about being the traitor
3: Zalak is mafia lying about being traitor

Nabe looked at all of them in his post and deduced 2 was most likely.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Alright, I'm putting my hand on the table.

I had my reasons for opening this game as I did. It's not cause I'm bad (well, I am, but that's not why I deliberately acted like that), nor is it because I'm scum (lmao Nabe). To me, playing like a ******, being provocative (not deflective Zalak, you're mixing up your words), and sticking my nose into every slot's business trying to drown this thread in my voice had two goals:

1) I could get the scum to react to me like this instead of letting them play to their plan.
2) Playing like an idiot and looking a little scummy was my only real chance at living until D2.

Lemme extrapolate. Rampaging around the thread slinging ****posts at everyone tends to make a mess but I can read those types of messes. There's two "general" reactions to these types of messes: take advantage of it or leave it the **** alone. While I didn't intentionally trend towards the former, I did end up going down that suspicion for a bit--it's easier to assume after all and I was getting direct responses that allowed me to check on that. The conclusion I reached is that scum didn't bite whatsoever. The people who have pushed me today:

1) Kursed, whose first vote on me is a sign that he was simply doing it for pushing him in the Fire Emblem mini that just ended. That's not outright scummy.
2) Red Ruy, whose entire push reeked of paranoia. If there's a player I'd pin the "scummy player trying to direct attention back to me" award, it's no longer Nabe, it's this guy. He was pushing me off paranoia--he recognized the WIFOM immediately and suspected I was pulling a fast one on town rather than that I could be one way or another.
3) Zalak, who is probably the towniest player in the game and hasn't let me go though I do chalk part of that to sitting in a neighborhood with the guy who's thoroughly convinced I am, in fact, scum.
4) Nabe, the guy who is thoroughly convinced I am scum. I believed that his was the worst because, from my perspective, he looked like he was constantly twisting my words to fit scenarios that was creating to make me look scummy and lynch me for it.

In layman's terms, the four people who pushed me are a guy who I consider the biggest scapegoat in this thread and my other chance at being a traitor (who, again, i don't wanna lynch), the guy who I suspect to be traitor (which is why I am skeptical of his paranoia-laden push now, though him trying to wrap it back to me was weird to me earlier as well), the biggest townie in the game, and a guy whose perspective I can't shake as one of town's either.

So I given that nobody pushing me I read as scum, and nobody was directly pushing with me (Zalak voted me as often as he voted with me, if not moreso, nobody else really has given me much more than a "Laundry's town guys"), I have to assume that scum took my rampage and just let me do it to cause enough problems that they could hide behind.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm putting my hand on the table.

I had my reasons for opening this game as I did. It's not cause I'm bad (well, I am, but that's not why I deliberately acted like that), nor is it because I'm scum (lmao Nabe). To me, playing like a ******, being provocative (not deflective Zalak, you're mixing up your words), and sticking my nose into every slot's business trying to drown this thread in my voice had two goals:

1) I could get the scum to react to me like this instead of letting them play to their plan.
2) Playing like an idiot and looking a little scummy was my only real chance at living until D2.

Lemme extrapolate. Rampaging around the thread slinging ****posts at everyone tends to make a mess but I can read those types of messes. There's two "general" reactions to these types of messes: take advantage of it or leave it the **** alone. While I didn't intentionally trend towards the former, I did end up going down that suspicion for a bit--it's easier to assume after all and I was getting direct responses that allowed me to check on that. The conclusion I reached is that scum didn't bite whatsoever. The people who have pushed me today:

1) Kursed, whose first vote on me is a sign that he was simply doing it for pushing him in the Fire Emblem mini that just ended. That's not outright scummy.
2) Red Ruy, whose entire push reeked of paranoia. If there's a player I'd pin the "scummy player trying to direct attention back to me" award, it's no longer Nabe, it's this guy. He was pushing me off paranoia--he recognized the WIFOM immediately and suspected I was pulling a fast one on town rather than that I could be one way or another.
3) Zalak, who is probably the towniest player in the game and hasn't let me go though I do chalk part of that to sitting in a neighborhood with the guy who's thoroughly convinced I am, in fact, scum.
4) Nabe, the guy who is thoroughly convinced I am scum. I believed that his was the worst because, from my perspective, he looked like he was constantly twisting my words to fit scenarios that was creating to make me look scummy and lynch me for it.

In layman's terms, the four people who pushed me are a guy who I consider the biggest scapegoat in this thread and my other chance at being a traitor (who, again, i don't wanna lynch), the guy who I suspect to be traitor (which is why I am skeptical of his paranoia-laden push now, though him trying to wrap it back to me was weird to me earlier as well), the biggest townie in the game, and a guy whose perspective I can't shake as one of town's either.

So I given that nobody pushing me I read as scum, and nobody was directly pushing with me (Zalak voted me as often as he voted with me, if not moreso, nobody else really has given me much more than a "Laundry's town guys"), I have to assume that scum took my rampage and just let me do it to cause enough problems that they could hide behind.

Solid post.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Unvote

Vote: Zalak

Why would you do this?
You really just might be the traitor after all.

Again, I don't want to lynch this slot. He's proven that he won't go all out on bidding and lynching him helps the damn scum. I doubt he's scum himself, it's a waste of ****ing time.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Given how things have gone down, Gorf is probably still my top lynch, but we'll see if what he says about all this changes that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Anyway, back on track. I started looking at Kursed's lynch because that's the only other lynch in the thread that's been going on all day with any resemblance of steam. My theory is that there is scum on Kursed's wagon--in fact, they have to be, regardless of his alignment. If he's scum, there is no doubt his mate wants to bus the ever loving **** out of him before Kursed drags him down, and if he's town, that lynch is free. There is zero opposition outside the dead-to-rights Laundry and the relative pushover Jay. The way he's playing, especially the part about saying "lynch me", can easily be directed to him being traitor as well, so bonus points for pushing him--they get the player that needs to die, knows they're scum (and can let slip that fact at any point), and a potential townie out of the way to boot. If he's just town, OH WELL DEAD TOWNIE STILL A GAIN FOR SCUM

I had an idea to just post that Ruy was traitor, post why, then see who aggressively tried to steer that lynch to the noose first. Odds are, if they were adamantly pushing Kursed as well, then it confirmed my thoughts that scum think Kursed is traitor and are looking to remove that slot from the game. Too late now, and even then, so many people suspect Kursed that the potential for overlap on a townie's behalf is high.

Anyway, looking at Kursed, this left me with a few slots:

1) Orbo, who has repeatedly said that he wants to body the **** outta Kursed in a few different points, albeit I have barely read this slot.
2) Gorf, who has listed Kursed as a potential policy lynch that he's ready to body despite it being a policy lynch at this point
3) Dietz, whose first major post after his V/LA was to say "WHY THE **** HAVEN'T WE LYNCHED KURSED" indirectly by quoting his entire gameplay and saying "pls lynch him he's scum".
4) Maven, whose first major post was him literally saying "WHY THE **** HAVEN'T WE LYNCHED KURSED", while also making the key point that I was a waste of ****ing time.

An important trend to notice throughout all of these slots is that all of them townread me or said I should be left alone. Remember how I said that scum were practically ignoring me? The fact that all of them feel this way plays directly into this sentiment. This is why I highlighted these slots over other players like Jay, who have voiced some concerns about me earlier, which is the correct stance to have.

(NB: I don't really remember Rosa's stances, but if she also was on Kursed's lynch and saying that's our lynch, she should be on this list as well)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
This post here just sticks out as a little odd with the wording towards Laundry. ( Link )
I remember that at that time, I was particularly toasted. The wording there is negligible, I said that as a response to him just doing him and letting me do me, and vice versa.

Jay said:
I find it interesting that Gorf found Laundry's play so traitor worthy in the game's early stages, but even though Laundry's play hasn't changed through-out he now considers it town.
This should be answered by now.

Jay said:
Gorf, I understand that you want to move discussion off of Laundry for more productivity, but defending him against Zalak like you did was at times unneeded.
Yea maybe you're right. I don't think it was necessarily damaging though. I've had a history of defending my townreads, even if they're playing ****tily, in the past (lol #selfmetaing even though I said I try to avoid that).

Jay said:
I'd say as of this post, mostly what you were doing was simply letting things play out, without much actual pushing. This did change later to push Rosalina.
I like to take an observational POV to develop reads every now and then. When I feel the need to interrogate, I interrogate.

Jay said:
You still want to lynch Kursed?
Yea, but I have doubt about him flipping scum. I did sorta read FiE's game and... well... it was that sort of situation where it was tOo EaSy FoR hIm To Be ScUm, but it turns out he was scum. Ultimately, I'm pro lynching him because it helps town and gives connections. But if I find someone scummy enough to lynch I'll go for them.

Jay said:
Also, is there anyone else you have interest in?
I believe Zalak asked me about this, and my answers much the same. I'd say that you're more of a town read now cuz I like the content you're putting out, but I don't think there's much that's changed. Still need to catch up from what happened after this post doe.

Jay said:
I'd say Gorf's play has been "distant". He held back and didn't say much of import until his suspect Rosalina came around, though he also put pressure on Kursed. However, the pressure on Rosa wasn't very concrete, and seemed based off inactivity and the Laundry town swing early game.
Dude, if your read my **** against Rosa, I still think it holds up as a scumtell. I think it would've been more if I would've been able to properly pressure Rosa, but sometimes you don't get the things you want I guess. I'll still have that in my mind though.

Top Bottom