• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I gotta agree with Gorf and Laundry on this.

Nabe you seem to lack content at anyone else other than constantly at Laundry.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
im extremely down as **** to hbc the **** out of kursed though. i think its safe to say that hell probably never end up being helpful intentionally, and the fact is players HAVE taken stances on em.

votes not being placed cuz i dont wanna act hastily.
Sooo you want to lynch me because i'm not helping town? Aight i'm at L-2 anyways so get it over with really. I totally agree with this post though.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Ebwop

I refuse to trust Zalak anymore. Js.
Since that last game he convinced everyone that he was definite town. I'm not experienced enough w/ mafia to tell how he did it or if he's still doing it.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Just a note to anyone who wants to hardbody Kursed, don't.
Laundry may not have used the Stinkbug or Roleblock yet, and we can't afford to have him NKed without using them.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Ebwop

I refuse to trust Zalak anymore. Js.
Since that last game he convinced everyone that he was definite town. I'm not experienced enough w/ mafia to tell how he did it or if he's still doing it.
I'm not! I could point out some KEY differences between the games, but I'm worried that will ruin the Zalak meta.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
it will also be self metaing, which anyone can contrive and rely on if theyre aware. i never try talking about my own meta cuz when im scum i just try... acting like im town. idk el oh el.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Looking through Gorf's posts

ahh **** we got a traitor thats right

i almost just wanna decimate lundry now
What made you think Laundry was traitor at this point? ( Link )
woah

its like were... working toward a similar goal or something.

@ Zalak Zalak your read on laundry sounds like its entirely revolved around being offended and wifom. if im right, stop doing that and be more objective plz & ty. if im wrong, guide me plz & ty.
This post here just sticks out as a little odd with the wording towards Laundry. ( Link )

I find it interesting that Gorf found Laundry's play so traitor worthy in the game's early stages, but even though Laundry's play hasn't changed through-out he now considers it town.

Gorf, I understand that you want to move discussion off of Laundry for more productivity, but defending him against Zalak like you did was at times unneeded.

I'd say as of this post, mostly what you were doing was simply letting things play out, without much actual pushing. This did change later to push Rosalina.

:rolleyes:

how ****in hard is it to keep up with a mafia game jesus

at least he replaced out instead of wasting everybodys time. at this point, i dont think itll do town much good to lynch rosalina's slot, cuz for as much as im down for lynching scummy slots that replace out, theres a) the fact that i may be wrong and b) the fact that i seem to be the only one whos morbidly curious about rosas early play holding me back from tryna slam it before a replacement takes over. that, and he hasnt quantifiably done much, so the lack of connections argument exists.

im extremely down as **** to hbc the **** out of kursed though. i think its safe to say that hell probably never end up being helpful intentionally, and the fact is players HAVE taken stances on em.

votes not being placed cuz i dont wanna act hastily.
You still want to lynch Kursed?
Also, is there anyone else you have interest in?

I'd say Gorf's play has been "distant". He held back and didn't say much of import until his suspect Rosalina came around, though he also put pressure on Kursed. However, the pressure on Rosa wasn't very concrete, and seemed based off inactivity and the Laundry town swing early game.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm still not feeling a Kursed lynch. I'd rather lynch an inactive first, because I truly think he's 75% town.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Kursed with an outside shot of maven or gorf prolly. Dietz prolly in that mix moreso than gorf for most people but i like dietz play a hair more than gorfs

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dietz has fewer posts than Gorf, which means he's had fewer points where he's just posting without actually saying much, like Gorf has been doing imo.
That logic seems pretty spacious considering I was forcibly gone from the game for a few days.

popsicles

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly, this entire thing sounds made up. I'd like to hear from Maven himself.
... do you mean the Hardbody Crew?

It's very real, and honestly can be a great big help somtimes. There are definitely situations where someone is just dragging their ass all over thread whining and appealing to emotion or levels of claim wifom that are just insane to the point that discussing it actually helps scum because it muddies the real issues and wastes time. All time isn't precious in mafia.

Though for real this play coming from Kursed right now is coming STRAIGHT outta the early Dietz playbook. I'm sure most people don't remember the very first Dgames "thing" I was in, but it was actually an experimental game put on by Zen where there was only two human players and a dummy slot given roles at random. I randomly stepped in to play with what I could only assume was "the flawless mafia strategy", to say only "I'm town." to any questions and all questions the other person asked me. "My God it's the perfect meta! No one will ever be able to tell my alignment, genius!" said 16 year old full o' angst me. I acted indignant the first time I was killed as town for "not being believed", then won as scum saying barely more just to placate people's tolerance of me existing there to "play". (Then I played for real because my ****ty joke/experiment/disproof of concept was over and it was only fun for me because I was pretty mean then.)

Point is, look @ Kursed Kursed : I don't care if you think your a big bag full of garbage at this game or not, but you're going to have to put in some effort at hashing things out with people and scum hunting or it's all a waste even if you're Town. Otherwise no matter what happens and who is on your lynch all we get out of it is who was most willing to lynch the talking wall. I'm not afraid to push the button on this lynch even without some more workable input if we've gotta, because every phase we let you live being a brick is another phase that a phat immediate effect item could come along and detonate on us and we know we can't actually leave you to lylo. Ain't no one playing a mafia game where someone outright claiming their hate of town is living for the win.

So if you're town, give us something.

Even if we lynch you anyways because you're the shadiest slot: "I'm being anti-town" isn't workable after you're gone.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
no. you dont have the right to pull a move like this. youre gonna get your *** back here and explain whether or not that was 120 individual trips up and down or what the incriment of trips was and how many mattresses, and while youre at it, explain why you had to move all those mattresses. youre not getting off the hook that easy.
Also, were the same mattresses moved up and then down the stairs, or were only some moved one direction and not the other?

The worlds gotta know bro.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm in the middle of having epiphanies about this game. Things are starting to add up. Will reread to confirm some suspicions (or maybe find more) but here's my biggest one:

Ruy may, in fact, be the town traitor.

Bbl

:186:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Looking through Gorf's posts

What made you think Laundry was traitor at this point? ( Link )
i think i stated my thought process after that. but laundrys play is GOOD ass nk bait. but death dossnt convert. gheb essentially confirmed it by stating the rules contain all info on the game necessary. him being recruitable is ******* modding, cuz like the rules would state that.

I'll tell future gorf to tackle the rest when he gets home.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hilariously the lynch just occurred. Given that he was already dead, I can talk about it without spoiling the ending.

Do you remember what happened when he got called out by me in the early stages of the game? He disappeared. Straight-up, flat-out vanished. Every time someone asked him to post his stances, all he said was "he had nothing" and then left until he was tagged enough to appear again. He got real ****ing mad at me for calling him out immediately (which is evident in his vendetta here) and then pouted like a child until he replaced out.

Now take this game: I called him out again (or rather he tries to call me out and I throw it back at him), and instead of vanishing and withholding his opinions, he at least tried to flesh things out. Regardless of the quality, he stuck around and tried to explain his read on me, realized that it wasn't very good (which he point-blank admitted) and eventually swapped off of me and realized I was town. He has stances on other players, he's trying to put his opinion out there. It's not very good, and it doesn't make sense to me, but the fact that he's sticking around and trying means a great deal when he, as scum, just dipped as soon as he got called out for being scummy.

Alright, if that game's sealed up I'll definitely at least look at it again before deadline, but I'm hesitant to call any kind of meta considering he's only been in two games and has been minimalist scum in both.

@Nabe: Who else are you interested in besides Laundry. That's not happening. You've got a reputation Laundry didn't want to see happen, get over it.
Still waiting on this **** @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe . I know the tag for the first one failed but there's no way you've only got eyes for Laundry and we're not lynching him. What else? Guaranteed you have other opinions in there. Is Kursed scum?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm in the middle of having epiphanies about this game. Things are starting to add up. Will reread to confirm some suspicions (or maybe find more) but here's my biggest one:

Ruy may, in fact, be the town traitor.

Bbl

... you can't just drop that on us less than 24 before deadline and leave it there. You can't. :056::drflip::mad088:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
If Laundry is mafia, I'm like 100% sure Gorf is mafia. If Gorf is mafia, I'm like... 50% sure Laundry is mafia. They have both been FAR too defensive of Laundry.

I get the faint sense that Gorf is only trying to make me think he's actually considered my points against Laundry. All of Gorf's posts about Laundry end up helping him in one way or the other. This is obviously suspicious if Laundry is mafia, and potentially suspicious even if he's town. (#suckupishbehavior)

Laundry has attempted to completely discredit almost every one of my posts.

Yes, it is as if he were trying to quell any such thing before it could happen.
No. There's a difference between fear and anticipation. I don't fear you guys jumping on me because I know I can defend myself against whatever you guys can bring. I simply anticipated it because you guys are the only ones who I practically assumed would bite on me buying these two items after calling people out for jumping up the prices so much.

Zalak does not make valid points however. Your turn, buddy.

hmm...

thats actually... really clever.

i wanna see what laundry has to say about that. consider that like my "stamp of intrest" zalak.
Also, I think Laundry's town read on Gorf came a little bit too early, but eh

Personally, I'm still not feeling a Kursed lynch. I'd rather lynch an inactive first, because I truly think he's 75% town.
Your use of the word "truly' bothers me. I feel like that's the kind of word a LIAR would use. So uh, why do you think Kursed is town?

Kursed with an outside shot of maven or gorf prolly. Dietz prolly in that mix moreso than gorf for most people but i like dietz play a hair more than gorfs
Why do you like it more?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
i challenge you to show me a serious comment youve made about the game state throughout the thread that DOESNT involve laundry.
There isn't one. (Aside from you asking me reads on three people, which isn't worth counting.)

oh and dont try and say that its an activity issue.
Sounds good to me. I think my activity was on pace prior to being accused of otherwise, and I said as much at the time, and haven't said anything counter to that since.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
:141: Interesting...

I would love to hear what has caused you to think that.. after you eat dinner and stuff that is.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
JAY AND NABE CONFIRMED WORKING TOGETHER???
Earlier toDay (about 9 hours after making the above post) Zalak posted in the neighbourhood (which is Zalak, me, and JayTheUnseen) claiming to be the traitor knowing that me and Jay were the mafia. Obviously that's not true, and I don't think that Zalak misread the names in his role PM, because he would have claimed immediately after starting up the neighbourhood if that were the case. Given the above post, and Zalak's relative newness to the game, I think this is probably Zalaktown trying an awkward ploy (reminds me of Ranmaru back in the day). But I'm posting this to squash a potential NK, on the slim chance that Zalak is mafia trying to signal to me or Jay that he thinks one of us is the traitor.

At present Zalak is still trying to continue the gimmick in the neighbourhood, which is awkward since I confronted him about it immediately after he started, but I don't think it's indicative of anything.

Jay has only posted in the neighbourhood twice, stating that he hasn't been posting in it because he's not sure how to make effective use of the private conversation, and would rather not be distracted. Not sure what to make of that, if anything.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Jay has only posted in the neighbourhood twice, stating that he hasn't been posting in it because he's not sure how to make effective use of the private conversation, and would rather not be distracted. Not sure what to make of that, if anything.
Pretty scummy if you ask me. Also, the above is true.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
In my defense, I thought day 1 was going to end much sooner than it actually was when I chose my neighbors. I thought I had to act quickly so I just went with Nabe and Jay, who didn't seem mafia AT THE TIME. I'll admit, this is probably my noobiest play ever.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
The ever loving **** is that horse****, Nabe?

Jay has to confirm. I guess Nabe wants to die today after all.

Top Bottom