• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
At this point I'm regretting telling Zalak that he did an amazing job in Jays mafia because I think it went to his head. Unfortunately that in itself is null. So far Zalak's posts have made sense from a town point of view but he's already proven he's more then capable of doing that as scum.
I can understand why me calling myself a pro would make you think I've let your compliments go to my head, but I have an explanation. At that point, I was tired of people using my inexperience as a part of their reads and theories. I did the same thing near the end of Jay's game when Rosalina said Kursed and I must both be scum because we were both newbies. Sure, I don't think my actual performance reeks of newbieness, but this first instance was before anyone had complimented my mafia skills. What have I actually done wrong as a townie in this game? I'll admit that one post of mine that you quoted could use some rephrasing. My main point was that in a game with a TT, whoever has the neighborizer is put into the spotlight as a TT suspect. That attention would endanger not only the TT, but their mafia buddies as well, unless they kept up a spotless townie act.

Another question:
Maven, why do you think I voted for you?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
And there's a contraction in your last post. You said all of my posts have made sense from a town point of view.. but what's THIS!?
Wow this whole post is ridiculous. That is a crazy overreaction and the reason he provided isn't a reason at all

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
WAIT MY TURN IS NOT OVER

So I'm starting my re-read now. Dear god you guys posted a whole lot, I'll point out that I've only been missing for like, a day and a half.

I've only read this page and up to my vote on Kursed, but I seriously have to ask, how is he still alive? Going in with suspicion on those who liked my post but didn't follow through, because wtf. Since when it claiming mafia when we have a traitor acceptable in any circumstances, with any meta?
I've only read this page and up to my vote on Kursed, but I seriously have to ask, how is he still alive?
That's weird. I may be a mafia newbie, but the answer to this question seems very obvious to me. We have no reason to end the day prematurely. If we lynch Kursed 3 days before the deadline, we will lose 3 days of investigation. I find it hard to believe you would have overlooked that. Why are you focusing so heavily on someone who has already been established as very suspicious? I find this HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS.

@People who are more experienced with mafia

Is this actually normal to lynch someone early? It seems really weird and anti-productive.

NOW, MAVEN

BEFORE YOU READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY NEXT, I understand you just wrote a ton of content. You were probably just tired of writing, and understandably so (catching up on this many pages of mafia is tiring and writing about them is even more tiring I feel ya, i really do), but your latest post is lacking in certain areas.

At this time I'm liking Zalak more, waiting to see how the rest of the thread plays out with him
Why are you liking me more? Your thoughts on me in your latest post are pretty jumbled, and they don't seem to add up

Zalak's post is crazy:
You offered no actual counter-argument to the post in question, but I admit it was written very poorly. My revised version should make sense though:
" My main point was that in a game with a TT, whoever has the neighborizer is put into the spotlight as a TT suspect. That attention would endanger not only the TT, but their mafia buddies as well, unless they kept up a spotless townie act. "

Zalak has let my compliment go to his head: Somewhat relevant to the next one I guess.

Zalak's posts have made sense so far, but he's sneaky: Contradicts "Zalak's post is crazy", and "Zalak has let my compliment go to his head" (KIND OF. You seemed to have a very negative opinion of me at that point)

Zalak seems town: No further explanation was provided.

Really don't like this post
What don't you like about it?

Aside from that, I have to applaud how thorough your latest post is, Maven. Awesome job :143:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Would just like to say the town traitor is very likely to be voting Kursed or did vote him at one point.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ Zalak Zalak entire wall is nonsense pls spare me

Nothing's suspicious about maven saying "why is kursed still alive", that's basically maven saying " he's real ****ing scummy guys let's lynch him"

The rest of his read on you just shows the progression buy the important thing to note is that Maven's not done.

I'll get back to this thread later. I've been trying to keep my head down a bit the last couple of days, both unintentionally because of my work load and intentionally because the thread needed more voices than mine and whoever was arguing with me at the time.

:186:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
btw @Maven89 if you really care ill go ahead and explain why receuitment of a traitor would have basically confirmed (to me at the time) laundry traitor, but it doesnt matter since thats not the case.

i didnt come to the conclusion that kursed is traitor because i think more of anybody playing mafia than to play like and literally claim scum, and i see enough genuineness in his play to give myself doubt. in other words, i have a shadow of a doubt laying behind me making me not want to lynch him cuz id be afraid of it being a mislynch, which always sucks. but if by near deadline his plays consistent, then ill be more than fine offing em.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
What in blue blazes makes you think that?

Town traitor should lynch the person they are surest is town, while still looking good, because they have fear of lynching their scumbuddies.
If Kursed isn't town traitor, then what is he? If you were traitor, would you really believe him to be scum? I wouldn't. And it's pretty easy to vote him and get off scott free given how he's been playing.

I don't think the same logic applies to scum voting him though, I know I would be too afraid he's traitor, and besides, voting him now would be a spot on their record ( however small, ) that could stick out when they'll already have scum tells elsewhere.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Town traitor should lynch the person they are surest is town, while still looking good, because they have fear of lynching their scumbuddies.
If Kursed isn't town traitor, then what is he? If you were traitor, would you really believe him to be scum? I wouldn't. And it's pretty easy to vote him and get off scott free given how he's been playing.

I don't think the same logic applies to scum voting him though, I know I would be too afraid he's traitor, and besides, voting him now would be a spot on their record ( however small, ) that could stick out when they'll already have scum tells elsewhere.
Town traitor already knows every town member, and every mafia member.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
@ Zalak Zalak
Nothing's suspicious about maven saying "why is kursed still alive", that's basically maven saying " he's real ****ing scummy guys let's lynch him"
Yeah, and him saying "he's real ****ing scummy guys let's lynch him" is suspicious. It just seems off for him to make a post right off the bat dedicated to lynching Kursed.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Oh, and shouldn't you wait for Maven to defend himself before you defend him? You're getting in the way of a good push.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Forgot that, my mistake
Your post does hold some merit though, but to go further would require that I defend Kursed, and I'm not sure I can do that. HOWEVER, if we assume Kursed is town, it makes sense for the TT to want to lynch him. Lynching the suspected TT would be a good way for the actual TT to hint at their role.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kursed [4] - Maven, Red Ryu, Dietz, Orboknown
Laundry [2] - <MOD>, Nabe
Zalak [1] - <MOD>
Orboknown [1] - Kursed
Nabe [1] - Laundry
RosalinaSGS [2] - <MOD>, Gorf
Maven89 [2] - <MOD>, Zalak

Not voting: RosalinaSGS, Jay
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch;

:059:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Too busy voting for Maven right now, but I would love to hear why Gorf thinks we should believe he is town.. or why he thinks we shouldn't.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeah, and him saying "he's real ****ing scummy guys let's lynch him" is suspicious. It just seems off for him to make a post right off the bat dedicated to lynching Kursed.
Are you referring to his post earlier in the game or the one he just made? I don't find that suspicious because I've found players I want to lynch/are scummy in the early stages of the game myself. You don't have to wait until 24 hours before deadline to want to lynch someone, nor to think someone's scummy.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Are you referring to his post earlier in the game or the one he just made
the one he just made

nor to think someone's scummy.
Aye, I understand that but..

You don't have to wait until 24 hours before deadline to want to lynch someone
Long before the deadline, you can find someone you would like to lynch on that day, but I still stand by this: "It seems really weird and anti-productive (to lynch someone long before the deadline)"

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Oh, and shouldn't you wait for Maven to defend himself before you defend him? You're getting in the way of a good push.
You asked my opinion and I commented on your only other point because I don't agree with it. I think I get what you're doing, but I don't think it's necessary at the moment.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Long before the deadline, you can find someone you would like to lynch on that day, but I still stand by this: "It seems really weird and anti-productive (to lynch someone long before the deadline)"
Your lack of experience is showing :^)

It seems weird to you because you want to make the most of the phase and get as much information on the table as possible; however, other people may not agree. The #HBC in my name stands for "Hardbody Crew", which is referring to a playstyle where a group of players simply just lynch players they find scummy regardless of the time left in the phase, claims, and whatnot, because they find that player scummy. I think that's a bit extreme, but I do prioritize lynching scum over hearing such and such lurker's thoughts because sometimes that's completely ****ing irrelevant.

Ergo, it's really not weird. You can call it anti-town but it's nothing suspicious.

Oh.. yeah, I did ask. Whoops.
you big baka

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay.

People who think Laundry / Nabe is stupid, prolonged, defensive, too wordy, etc. are completely missing the logic I'm trying to get across, which has nothing at all to do with personality clashes, and nothing at all to do with opinion. I am talking about logic, about a very specific chain of logic that leads me to think that Laundry has lied. If you don't agree with the logic, say why. If you think it's a more layered issue than that, then you haven't actually read what I've said. Please don't make me express it through formal p's and q's to get that across.

I'll try to post about actual humans tomorrow, but ****, come on.
What logic? You shifted your ****ing "logic" like 5 times just to reach (read: justify) the conclusion that I'm scum. There was nothing consistent among your posts.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
[quote="#HBC | Laundry, post: 18874500, member: 187411"
It seems weird to you because you want to make the most of the phase and get as much information on the table as possible; however, other people may not agree. The #HBC in my name stands for "Hardbody Crew", which is referring to a playstyle where a group of players simply just lynch players they find scummy regardless of the time left in the phase, claims, and whatnot, because they find that player scummy. I think that's a bit extreme, but I do prioritize lynching scum over hearing such and such lurker's thoughts because sometimes that's completely ****ing irrelevant.[/quote]

BUT MAVEN IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE HARDBODY CREW!

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I messed up.

Also, I'm envious of you guys so I'm gonna start COLORING MY POSTS

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Dietz has fewer posts than Gorf, which means he's had fewer points where he's just posting without actually saying much, like Gorf has been doing imo.
I do agree with this sentiment but I think that Dietz is just as worthy of pressure.

BUT MAVEN IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE HARDBODY CREW!
You don't gotta rep the tag to be part of the crew bby :^)

I think he joined DGames just after the huge renaming spree happened.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Honestly, this entire thing sounds made up. I'd like to hear from Maven himself.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
But then I'd be stealing from Red Ryu.. how about uh.. GREEN? Yeah, this works. It first the color of the port I use in smash.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@#HBC | Nabe

Why does every post you make relate to to me in some way, shape, form, or idea?

@Everyone Else That is not all one link. Every word is every single one of Nabe's non-bidding posts in this game. I am the only form of interaction, the only portal of entry Nabe has had in this game and as soon as I die, Nabe will lose his medium of connection with this game until he finds someone else to attack. Don't allow him to hide.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Honestly, this entire thing sounds made up. I'd like to hear from Maven himself.
Nothing's stopping Maven from responding but Gorf'll tell you the same damn thing I just did.

But then I'd be stealing from Red Ryu.. how about uh.. GREEN? Yeah, this works. It first the color of the port I use in smash.
hi gorf

#HBC | Gorf

Too busy voting for Maven right now, but I would love to hear why Gorf thinks we should believe he is town.. or why he thinks we shouldn't.
its because ive done nothing to show why i wouldnt be town :)

oh youre stealing MY color now zalak... not cool.

i dont get how im "saying nothing" :confused:

#HBC | Gorf

Dietz has fewer posts than Gorf, which means he's had fewer points where he's just posting without actually saying much, like Gorf has been doing imo.
if by this you mean "gorf hasnt made any impression on me," well, neither have you on me :|. but it doesnt make you scum.

i dont understand what you need someone to say for it to be "saying much," but maybe its a clash of playstyle? idk, good luck with your read on me.

Top Bottom