• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'd appreciate that.
Hilariously the lynch just occurred. Given that he was already dead, I can talk about it without spoiling the ending.

Do you remember what happened when he got called out by me in the early stages of the game? He disappeared. Straight-up, flat-out vanished. Every time someone asked him to post his stances, all he said was "he had nothing" and then left until he was tagged enough to appear again. He got real ****ing mad at me for calling him out immediately (which is evident in his vendetta here) and then pouted like a child until he replaced out.

Now take this game: I called him out again (or rather he tries to call me out and I throw it back at him), and instead of vanishing and withholding his opinions, he at least tried to flesh things out. Regardless of the quality, he stuck around and tried to explain his read on me, realized that it wasn't very good (which he point-blank admitted) and eventually swapped off of me and realized I was town. He has stances on other players, he's trying to put his opinion out there. It's not very good, and it doesn't make sense to me, but the fact that he's sticking around and trying means a great deal when he, as scum, just dipped as soon as he got called out for being scummy.

:186:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Orbo idc if i get lynched. I'm kinda experimenting with mafia really. I won't act this way in future games, promise.

Alright.. will you please give your reads?
Too much reading

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
ill admit, i tried reading laundry vs nabe to try and find sustenance. but it was PAINFUL. it almost feels like nabe is feeding laundrys fire and laundrys just so far in that theres nothing of worth really coming out of it. ill go ahead and steal this as my opinion on the subject:

dietz said:
Laundry vs Nabe right now is full ******. Laundry, you called out Nabe and started laying the groundwork to lynch him if he was lurky before he even posted. I applaud the effort to try and get some action from the slot, *affixes gold star to shirt*, but if you expected any result other than Nabe (correctly) seeing you try to line up an avenue for his lynch before he even started and then get suspicious and defensive I'll show you all the people in the room who aren't remotely surprised this is happening now. You set up a self fulfilling prophecy, just like assuming you're going to be gone toMorrow. Notably, this is NOT TvT 100%, but I don't see what's happening now as helpful or a reason to waste your votes on each other and it needs to stop so we can progress for real.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Why am I not dead?
aren't you convinced I am the traitor? I really want to see your reaction when i'm dead with relief as the game continues with Nabe and Laundry duking it out.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Over what?
Why you find me suspicious. Don't you see? I have clearly stated I want to lynch the townies yet I'm still alive? I'm actually surprised I am still around until this point. Even with Dietz post which even convinced me i'm mafia I am surely toast.

#HBC | Gorf

if i may

its because we really really really wanna use the Day time to do things that will lead to information. lynching you, kursed, with the clearly anti town position youre deciding to stick to is the right thing to do, but considering the fact that we have three days left toDay, the side of town that isnt currently on you is probably either on the "please be useful before were forced to lynch you" side, and/or the "lets get as much as we can out of the Day before we lynch this useless liability" side.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Huh. Never thought about it that way Gorf. I am hoping that I get lynched so mafia can take advantage of me and start using some NK's and then information on who was the most determined to get me lynched appears.

#HBC | Gorf

meh. thats a bad way of going about it, even if you think youre not competent enough. i personally dig those glimmers of trying that i mentioned earlier in the thread, but those glimmers get outshined by you taking a **** on the thread, and when it comes down to it, its very easy to understand why anybody would want you lynched: its because youre playing like you wanna be lynched. it wont do much to play to get lynched aside from slow down the thread. just playthe game, and if you get ml'd, well, thsts the game and town will find what connects mafia to your lynch if thats the way things turn out.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Why you find me suspicious. Don't you see? I have clearly stated I want to lynch the townies yet I'm still alive? I'm actually surprised I am still around until this point. Even with Dietz post which even convinced me i'm mafia I am surely toast.
Gorf covered it oretty decently

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@ Kursed Kursed I appreciate your attempted sacrifice for the 'greater good,' so to speak, but remember the object of the game is to have fun first and foremost. You probably don't get very much enjoyment out of playing this way.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
@ Kursed Kursed I appreciate your attempted sacrifice for the 'greater good,' so to speak, but remember the object of the game is to have fun first and foremost. You probably don't get very much enjoyment out of playing this way.
Actually tbh I was having fun. I enjoy getting attention. My only issue is that I forgot about the bidding tommorow so I kinda wanted to stay alive for that.

Maven89

Smash Master
So I'm starting my re-read now. Dear god you guys posted a whole lot, I'll point out that I've only been missing for like, a day and a half.

I've only read this page and up to my vote on Kursed, but I seriously have to ask, how is he still alive? Going in with suspicion on those who liked my post but didn't follow through, because wtf. Since when it claiming mafia when we have a traitor acceptable in any circumstances, with any meta?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
@ Maven89 Maven89
I'm pretty sure all of you are experienced enough to not claim mafia Maven. Claiming mafia being actually mafia is really stupid even by my standards. I mean if i get lynched I get lynched but i'm not afraid to get lynched. I feel as if I'm so open to being killed and having nothing to lose can help me prove innocence. I was also hoping mafia would sheep me and allow them to "make claims" against me. To me this kinda makes sense. But if you disgaree well then I'm just trying different strategies.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I don't expect you folks to drop suspicions of me. I'm just explaining what I was trying to do.

@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen Oh yeah I was also laughing hysterically when you guys were trying to figure out what role perspective i was playing from and it got people frustrated :p

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Okay.

People who think Laundry / Nabe is stupid, prolonged, defensive, too wordy, etc. are completely missing the logic I'm trying to get across, which has nothing at all to do with personality clashes, and nothing at all to do with opinion. I am talking about logic, about a very specific chain of logic that leads me to think that Laundry has lied. If you don't agree with the logic, say why. If you think it's a more layered issue than that, then you haven't actually read what I've said. Please don't make me express it through formal p's and q's to get that across.

I'll try to post about actual humans tomorrow, but ****, come on.

#HBC | Gorf

Okay.

People who think Laundry / Nabe is stupid, prolonged, defensive, too wordy, etc. are completely missing the logic I'm trying to get across, which has nothing at all to do with personality clashes, and nothing at all to do with opinion. I am talking about logic, about a very specific chain of logic that leads me to think that Laundry has lied. If you don't agree with the logic, say why. If you think it's a more layered issue than that, then you haven't actually read what I've said. Please don't make me express it through formal p's and q's to get that across.

I'll try to post about actual humans tomorrow, but ****, come on.
i must have lost the logic through all of the bull****. granted, id much much rather see you play a non-laundry and non-...you oriented game since thats all there seems to have been, but if you can summarize what you consider to be the logic (keyword: summarize), i'll take it into further consideration.

laundry can/should do the same (ya know aside from the non-nabe play cuz youve done enough of that).

Maven89

Smash Master
This post is going to probably contain a lot of quotes, some without much commentary, but are my thoughts on the post as I read through. Some of it is written in real time when I find a series of posts important to comment on but don't want to quote them all.

ahh **** we got a traitor thats right

i almost just wanna decimate lundry now
You liked my post but somehow put it off to Laundry being traitor instead of the guy claiming mafia I do not understand this. I know later you explained this through belief about NK-recruitment, but I still don't understand this.

What I take from this is that he has a vendetta against me.

:186:
Where are you getting this personal vendetta stuff from? That seems oddly specific when it could easily just be that you won the items

Ruy and Maven not bidding is questionable. I forgot both were in this game.
I honestly didn't think the RB would be that powerful and wanted the neighborhood because I like private conversations and thought it would be fun.

Red Ryu's posts I first read as legitimate but could easily be some sort of misplaced panic at Laundry? I really do not like how he repeated Kursed's earlier vote on him when it's early rvs material at best. I don't see how even if Laundry was pure lying about it they could say it was scummy instead of just trying to keep the price down for himself. It's an auction

The bring it post was questionable. I do not understand why Rosalina is liking all of Ryu's posts.

Because other people are more likely to be around on D3 and have that money to use. If I make it that far, I'd be utterly surprised. I planned on doing that for the stinkbug just to keep it out of people's hands but then I decided to take the RB too because it went far too easy and I doubted I'd spend the money later. May as well roll it.

Was kinda dumb of me to bid as much as I did but 4k probably wouldn't have gotten me much of anything tomorrow, providing I do somehow survive.

@ Kursed Kursed I see you viewing. Pls post.
I like this post.

Lmao this made me laugh. this is my new signature. I really don't know how to respond
He's already done this strat. He's been scum twice and both times he's acted like this.

How dare you?? I was pro in my FIRST GAME of mafia. I'm pretty sure you're just using my inexperience as an excuse for you to explain how you're "unsure" of my role, making you seem more townie. Please put a little effort into your fake reads, Laundromat

:158:
Unvote, Vote: Laundry

Let me explain an actual reason for me not being the town traitor. If a townie has it, the traitor can't snag it. Besides, whoever gets the neighborhood is instantly suspicious for owning such a great town traitor item. So if the town traitor were to grab the neighborhood and get even slightly too chummy with a couple of players, they would all be in trouble.
Wow this whole post is ridiculous. That is a crazy overreaction and the reason he provided isn't a reason at all

Oh I'll go find those posts.
Again, seriously he's played like this before. He's messing with us.

I have no idea why the game is so focused on Laundry at this time, he's done basically nothing scummy that would deserve more then a few posts. This seems like a giant waste of time

I think it is, and still, possible you are scum that when yolo and took the powers to make sure town didn't have them.

Recent posts make me second guess this but I refuse to throw this out given how I have seen in the past you use this to your advantage. I think it is less likely given this.

Jay is scum, fill me in a little more on why? I did a skim and didn not see anything that scummy.

Rosa is an easy, "lol so scum" read sometimes depends how rosa plays

Nabe should talk I do not want him to lurk all game.

Keep it up with me me here and answer me.
This post is making me view Ryu more townie.

At the point where Ryu basically seems to drop his Laundry scum read. At this point I have Laundry as town, Ryu town/null. Don't share the town read on Gorf, I have him as null, wouldn't be too hard to buddy up to Laundry

I just realized everything I read was posted in a couple of hours.

At this point I'm regretting telling Zalak that he did an amazing job in Jays mafia because I think it went to his head. Unfortunately that in itself is null. So far Zalak's posts have made sense from a town point of view but he's already proven he's more then capable of doing that as scum.

Yes, it is as if he were trying to quell any such thing before it could happen.
This is just pure feeding Zalak's opinion back to him. Scummy points.

@ Maven89 Maven89

What are your current thoughts?
All posted up to here

After some thought, I'm still not satisfied here. @ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry

You specifically warned me not to play in a way that you've observed in my meta, in games that have room for ambiguity. You said that playing in the background is my standard fare, but that I "seem to have a knack for drawing a PR or a mafia role pm along with it so it works" for me. But this game has no room for ambiguity: it's VTs/Traitor/Mafia. If I were to play "as if I were PR/mafia" in a game with no PRs, I would be lynched. There would be no possibility of it "working" for me. So there would be absolutely no reason for me to play in such a way, and (again) I do not believe that you could have thought that I would play in such a way. I think that it's impossible for that thought to have occurred to you in the way that you say it did, and as such I think your explanation of the motivation behind your post is flawed, if not a lie.

Different and separate tack. What are some past examples of me playing "that sort of game"? Why did you feel in this game, now, that you had to warn me about such play?
Really don't like this post

At this time I'm liking Zalak more, waiting to see how the rest of the thread plays out with him

lol this happens all the time, if you notice you guys have been the only real active players in the past couple hours, so youre just goin back and forth. other avenues cant be pursued till they respond.
Rosa -- null, maybe townlean, I like her looking at.
How

Alright, I had no idea how long this was going to take. I'm taking a break here and will get to the rest of it tomorrow. Didn't want to leave it in half like this but I'm about to fall asleep. ATM from where I'm at Laundry town, Gorf possible town, Zalak null/possible town, Kursed is traitor. Ryu slightly nulltown. Everyone else null. Jay left a bad impression with his posts to Zalak. I don't like how Nabe came in but he seemed to be starting to post about more then Laundry where I left off so I'll have to read those.

Top Bottom