• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I just wish i could put into words how i feel.
Like what Laundry did was real selfish. I don't understand the logic behind it. Laundry said he was going to be killed anyways, so he buys two of the items to bring down with him. See if he bought only one that's okay. Because we have another player to use the other item if Laundry was nk'd. I really feel that it's more probably that Laundry is scum.
this is a pretty good point, actually

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry

Earlier, you said Kursed was beginning to seem town to you. Why was this?
It's related to an ongoing mini both he and I were in (both of us are dead). I can't really talk about it as a result, because the game is not over. I wish Maven would actually appear and talk about it but at the rate he's going, he's gonna die.

:186:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I collapsed yesterday after work becuase I was the only software support in the office and the other two guys were gone... but I'm turning it around on em and called in today to make up for it huehue. Rajam.exe initialize

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Nabe biting back has merit but laundry has some valid counter points.

Nabe is in a tunnel a bit but I see where he is coming from and where his issues are.

However I do not think either is malicious.
This is weak as **** and I really don't like this post.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Again. What in your mind justifies the separation between the actual circumstances of the setup and the way I would play that setup?
The fact that you play in the background regardless of alignment. The fact that you barely post and often avoid conflict until the exact right time. This doesn't relate to what role you draw; it relates to the fact that you love to sit on the damn fence until you see an opportunity that's perfect to take. How many times do I have to explain this before it crosses your mind that maybe I actually mean what I've been telling you?

That is the core question at the centre of my interaction with you. If your justification isn't, "Nabe is a bad player who doesn't choose a playstyle in a logical way," (and if you don't think that there is a fundamental problem with your wording) then you could not have ANY justification for your leap in logic, and must therefore be lying.
I am not a liar. You're the one who's jumping to every conclusion without considering the possibility that what I'm saying is true. You're so deadset on the fact that I called you out because I used the words "PR/Mafia" that you're failing to look at my intent. You've so warped my intentions that you no longer want to accept what I'm saying. And then you tell me that I'm the one baiting you to look scummy?

If you had answered the questions (there are two), I wouldn't be asking. Once again:

Why did you choose this game, of all games, to stop me from choosing a specific playstyle when you couldn't have expected me to logically choose that playstyle, given the circumstances of the setup?
Once again: The. Set-up. Means. Jack. ****ing. ****. In. That. Call-Out.

Do you get it yet? There's no specific playstyle to call out because I don't see you alter that playstyle. Ever. Your meta, as far as I'm aware, is to sit in the background and wait. You barely post, you don't really push cases, you're never really around to argue with if anyone calls you out. You toe the activity line better than anyone on the site. Saying "PR/Mafia" was a poor choice in words on my part but I wasn't trying to forbid you from playing that dichotomy, I was trying to forbid you from being the nullest player in the game until D3 when Gorf and I are dead and no one's around to push you.

Jegus, Nabe.

To my memory, I have never been "called out" by you for avoiding comment on you.
Where did I say this?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: To the "called out" point, I missed your quote in the quoting and bull****.

What I meant by that is that if someone wasn't talking whatsoever (about me, yes, a lot of the thread is about me), I tried to get them to talk. Calling you out, making mentions of Jay/Orbo, etc.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You gotta be kidding me.

I don't see full merit that either you or him are for sure scum.

Try harder.
You gotta be kidding me

"They both make good points one's in a tunnel but i see where he's coming from blah blah vagueness"

Try harder.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The fact that you play in the background regardless of alignment. The fact that you barely post and often avoid conflict until the exact right time. This doesn't relate to what role you draw; it relates to the fact that you love to sit on the damn fence until you see an opportunity that's perfect to take. How many times do I have to explain this before it crosses your mind that maybe I actually mean what I've been telling you?

I am not a liar. You're the one who's jumping to every conclusion without considering the possibility that what I'm saying is true. You're so deadset on the fact that I called you out because I used the words "PR/Mafia" that you're failing to look at my intent. You've so warped my intentions that you no longer want to accept what I'm saying. And then you tell me that I'm the one baiting you to look scummy?

Once again: The. Set-up. Means. Jack. ****ing. ****. In. That. Call-Out.

Do you get it yet? There's no specific playstyle to call out because I don't see you alter that playstyle. Ever. Your meta, as far as I'm aware, is to sit in the background and wait. You barely post, you don't really push cases, you're never really around to argue with if anyone calls you out. You toe the activity line better than anyone on the site. Saying "PR/Mafia" was a poor choice in words on my part but I wasn't trying to forbid you from playing that dichotomy, I was trying to forbid you from being the nullest player in the game until D3 when Gorf and I are dead and no one's around to push you.

Jegus, Nabe.

Where did I say this?
actually it does, because a part of your call out does looked fluffed up when you added more to your call out on name when in reality that shouldn't have been there given the set-up since Nabe can't do either or he will get lynched in a set-up like this.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I got no problem with you reading us as TvT but that justification for it was weak as all get out. It's overly vague with no real examples nor indication as to why that should be TvT, just a bunch of buzzwords trying to justify your read.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
actually it does, because a part of your call out does looked fluffed up when you added more to your call out on name when in reality that shouldn't have been there given the set-up since Nabe can't do either or he will get lynched in a set-up like this.
So? Nabe doesn't need to draw PR/Mafia to lurk his ass off.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You gotta be kidding me

"They both make good points one's in a tunnel but i see where he's coming from blah blah vagueness"

Try harder.

You both are, I see validity in his call out.

but I find you defense to be fine for how you are posting back on his points.

I don't find lynching between you two to be productive right now over other slots.

Kursed still needs to die first.

Yes he is tunneling but I think right now he sees something off with you. I would like him to expand outside of that but I find other matters to be more important, Kursed, Rosie, Dietz, Maven.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So? Nabe doesn't need to draw PR/Mafia to lurk his *** off.

You are full aware how he plays.

The difference is you added the call out of him being a PR or mafia there when in this set-up he can't really do that without buying something.

That is valid because it does look like you tried to put up a front to push on him to make yourself look better.

I can believe you concern, your wording though makes me question this which I agree with Nabe on.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yes he is tunneling but I think right now he sees something off with you. I would like him to expand outside of that but I find other matters to be more important, Kursed, Rosie, Dietz, Maven.
So lemme get this straight: your lynch pool consists of a guy who looks like he doesn't know what he's doing at best and three people who've barely been here?

What?

Meanwhile Jay and Orbo are completely MIA from that list in the first place despite both being relative nonfactors as well?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So lemme get this straight: your lynch pool consists of a guy who looks like he doesn't know what he's doing at best and three people who've barely been here?

What?

Meanwhile Jay and Orbo are completely MIA from that list in the first place despite both being relative nonfactors as well?

Only person I might consider in the active pool is maybe Gorf, but only because his sense of direction isn't really anywhere.

I get Rosie, but he seems to lightly touch on that. I like his content and his side posts, just his raw scum hunting is something I would think about later in the game.

I don't find any of the actives outside of Kursed to fit into a scum persona.

I want the inactives to do more so I can get a firmer read in that area.

I don't think Nabe fits into a scum light right now unless something goes really off with him, but I don't see that at all outside of his tunneling which I don't fault him for here right now.

Kinda rambling on my thoughts on the cast right now but more or less I don't really suspect any of the more recent posters outside of Kursed.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I got no problem with you reading us as TvT but that justification for it was weak as all get out. It's overly vague with no real examples nor indication as to why that should be TvT, just a bunch of buzzwords trying to justify your read.

No, Red Ryu is right. We don't have a good reason to think of it as anything but TvT. In this game, you're the one with a standoffish attitude.
Jay and Gorf: "Laundry's snipes can't be used to determine whether or not he's scum"
You: "I am town. You are mafia because you don't read me as town"
Nabe: "I don't think it's fair for you to call me out based solely on my activity in previous games"
You: "I think it is, so you are mafia"

ALSO, if Nabe really is inactive in every one of their games, regardless of role, how is that scummy?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You both are, I see validity in his call out.

but I find you defense to be fine for how you are posting back on his points.
You are full aware how he plays.

The difference is you added the call out of him being a PR or mafia there when in this set-up he can't really do that without buying something.

That is valid because it does look like you tried to put up a front to push on him to make yourself look better.

I can believe you concern, your wording though makes me question this which I agree with Nabe on.
So lemme get this straight: you believe Nabe's call-out/push/whatever is absolutely correct because I poorly worded something, but you buy my defense. You see where he's coming from though. That to me looks like you agree with him pushing me. Is this correct?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
ALSO, if Nabe really is inactive in every one of their games, regardless of role, how is that scummy?
It's not; my point was I was trying to get him to do something so he could be readable. He did--he got defensive and standoffish himself.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I really want to reread because I feel like I'm missing the bigger picture here but I don't have time or maybe won't have time until the day is ended.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
It's not; my point was I was trying to get him to do something so he could be readable. He did--he got defensive and standoffish himself.

Yeah, I suppose that's true, but there have been instances of your standoffishness before then.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So lemme get this straight: you believe Nabe's call-out/push/whatever is absolutely correct because I poorly worded something, but you buy my defense. You see where he's coming from though. That to me looks like you agree with him pushing me. Is this correct?

I'm looking at both mindsets and trying to narrow down where you are both coming from.

I agree you're earlier posts look like you are putting up a front, but I'm not as sure that is scum motivated since I know you aim for the control and leader role when you can and I can see that kind of post from you if you want to get people moving and working.

Nabe found something he thought didn't make sense given the set-up, I agree on that much.

I agree to press you on what you did earlier, but I do not think right now either if going to be as fruitful as the other areas I listed above and find a TvT situation to be more likely given how I think you both believe in what you are posting.

That's the big thing here, I don't see a sense of forcefulness or offering some form of fake front from either of you. Rather I see an interpretation I find to have validity in pushing and judging from your posts I find you both to have solid points and believe in your posts.

This is why I narrowed it down as TvT.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
No, Red Ryu is right. We don't have a good reason to think of it as anything but TvT. In this game, you're the one with a standoffish attitude.
Jay and Gorf: "Laundry's snipes can't be used to determine whether or not he's scum"
You: "I am town. You are mafia because you don't read me as town"
Nabe: "I don't think it's fair for you to call me out based solely on my activity in previous games"
You: "I think it is, so you are mafia"
Also, maybe someday you'll let this go. Until then, I'll continue to make a point of this:

My comment to Jay that you continually get stuck on wasn't related to my snipes. It was related to the fact that, in my eyes, he was taking very similar actions to Kursed but was much less up front about it. Scum are manipulative and love to hide--letting Kursed take the brunt of it while sharing the same sentiment is a pretty good hiding spot, no?

That comment to Gorf was made because...well, I flew off the handle, basically. Gorf has a history of doing ****ty pushes as scum but ones he thinks he can get away with. He did it in F&L when he backed Ramses and I going full ****** on Raz, he did it to me in MMU. That's what that comment was relating to.

I don't read Nabe as mafia because he likes to lurk. I read Nabe as mafia because he got defensive when I was trying to say "don't lurk" and continued to put words in my mouth when they weren't the truth, then called me the liar.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu That is much less vague. However:

I agree to press you on what you did earlier, but I do not think right now either if going to be as fruitful as the other areas I listed above and find a TvT situation to be more likely given how I think you both believe in what you are posting.
So you choose to highlight the guy that nobody in this game can get to cooperate, a person who is admittedly somewhat scummy but everyone seems to agree is scummy (I think), and two guys who haven't even been here? Again, why are Orbo and Jay not on that list?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
See, I got no problem with something like that.

What I do is how you approached it initially.
Ruy I go full ****** more often than not in the initial stages of the game and often get a giant pile of **** for it. Just look at my recent game history and you'll see it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu That is much less vague. However:

So you choose to highlight the guy that nobody in this game can get to cooperate, a person who is admittedly somewhat scummy but everyone seems to agree is scummy (I think), and two guys who haven't even been here? Again, why are Orbo and Jay not on that list?

Orbo hasn't done anything bad or scummy from what I have seen.

Jay is someone I need to ISO later for the, "not obviously scummy" point you asked be about earlier.

Sorry if anything earlier is out of wack as well, 3 hours of sleep and at the hospital on my laptop since my dad's knee is infected and he needed fast surgery.

Doing that while trying to get homework done and my attention span is **** when I am tired.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@WtF gorf whyd you vote him

plz read lawndree ty

also, what do you make of nabes seeming lack of interest in anything that doesnt involve him? i historically suck fat **** at reading him so i cant tell whether thats worth reading into and i know that pursuing him for it will likely lead nowhere for now.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@WtF gorf whyd you vote him

plz read lawndree ty

also, what do you make of nabes seeming lack of interest in anything that doesnt involve him? i historically suck fat **** at reading him so i cant tell whether thats worth reading into and i know that pursuing him for it will likely lead nowhere for now.
That's normal.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
My comment to Jay that you continually get stuck on wasn't related to my snipes. It was related to the fact that, in my eyes, he was taking very similar actions to Kursed but was much less up front about it. Scum are manipulative and love to hide--letting Kursed take the brunt of it while sharing the same sentiment is a pretty good hiding spot, no?
Why didn't you just say this back then?

Top Bottom