• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Yeah but If I act like a total Laundry i'll get Nk'd

But what exactly am I Diverging? Doesn't that go against the town? How exactly do people find mafia off of me?
i mean the sheer fact that nothing you are doing makes sense from a town perspective without some really convoluted **** involved doesn't help
I actually believe Laundry is town

Zalak actually seems determined and stuff and i dont think he's acting like Jay's mafia

Gorf seems alright he is basically the only one who didn't sheep on me and asked questions I could actually answer.

Maven is unknown

Orbo is idk

Jay is weird I feel like Jay could be traitor

Rosa is unknown.
why on jay? What makes you feel that way

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
kursed, im going to give you one shot before you essentially become a policy lynch to me (and what may already be a fair amount of the playerlist). being sarcastic and humorous only really works if you are, in fact, willing to work with town. there are some moments when i read you where im like "oh this is starting to read as like a newbtown" and then you post something that is utterly ridiculous to anybody whos even slightly versed in the english language and its like why...? the majority of your play cant just be a reason to xD it up. you will be lynched for that.

nabes play reminds me why hes almost always a policy lynch of mine, i can dig ruy's content when he caught up, and i feel like orbos play gives me very little discernible tell for a read, and jays play stands out even less so. aside from that, the players i left out are either players who ive commented on throughout the thread, or players that have zero impression in my reads whatsoever.

questions? comments? concerns?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I still bothers me that you seem to put more effort into explaining your play than you do actually playing it out. Our conversation doesn't prevent you from questioning other players. Oh, you just posted about Nabe while I was writing this also-

RED RYU SHOW YOURSELF
wtf, why this?

I was gone and in class while reading other areas of the forum before jumping into this.

#HBC | Gorf

lmao i love when players get butthurt about either seeing players not post when theyre on the viewing thread banned, or getting called out for it cuz of how silly of a tell it is.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
wtf, why this?

I was gone and in class while reading other areas of the forum before jumping into this.
SORRY, misunderstanding
lmao i love when players get butthurt about either seeing players not post when theyre on the viewing thread banned, or getting called out for it cuz of how silly of a tell it is.
It's not always a bad tell. Open your mind, Gorf.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't know what to make of Nabe v Laundry atm.

I see validity with Nabe's posts at laundry but I'm not sure Laundry actually is scum right now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kursed is still my #1 lynch right now.

He is not contributing to town and keeps dancing around making legit content.

I only question Gorf on his lack of really any direction right now outside of maybe Rosie easier which I didn't think was that strong, but he is making some interactions and trying to get a good solid read on people so I can give him that.

Zalak screams town to me off his directions and intent.

Looking at Jay a little but nothing screams to me like he is scum,

Nabe v Laundry is giving me a tvt vibe. I might see more later to show for one or another but right now I do not think lynching between them is a good idea.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
kursed, im going to give you one shot before you essentially become a policy lynch to me (and what may already be a fair amount of the playerlist). being sarcastic and humorous only really works if you are, in fact, willing to work with town. there are some moments when i read you where im like "oh this is starting to read as like a newbtown" and then you post something that is utterly ridiculous to anybody whos even slightly versed in the english language and its like why...? the majority of your play cant just be a reason to xD it up. you will be lynched for that.
I'm not afraid to be lynched because it gives the town a chance to look at people who are suspicious. I am asking for attention and so far it's driving people away.

#HBC | Gorf

It's not always a bad tell. Open your mind, Gorf.
i mean its whatever but its still funny to see from an outsiders pov. you cant really hold that against em cuz anybody can, like, accidentally leave open a tab, or not read up all the way, or simply decide not to respond.

wtf gorf.

This vote is bad.
iz cuz u were inactive and i was kinda annoyed by the fact that rosa doesnt exist. consider that the point where i realized that having the only vote on rosa was less helpful than having it on someone who can actually be pushed, and note how as soon as i noticed you posting again (not even when i read what you said), my vote came off. but now that zalak is here to show interest in pursuing rosa (or not :c) im more than down to hbc the **** outta him.

but at this point, i wont bother just blindly putting my vote on inactives. rosa is the lead im most invested in atm but im not opposed to putting my vote on nabe with laundry if the playstyle hes provided stays consistent.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
i mean its whatever but its still funny to see from an outsiders pov. you cant really hold that against em cuz anybody can, like, accidentally leave open a tab, or not read up all the way, or simply decide not to respond.
but you were no outsider

you also voted for ryu

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Also, I'll be more than willing to lynch Rosalina if they don't respond by the end of this mafia day, but I want to hear from them before lynching them.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Maven89 and @ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS receive a temporary modvote each for breaking the activity rule. If they break that rule another time they will receive permanent modvotes that last for the rest of the game.

Kursed [2] - Maven, Red Ryu
Laundry [2] - <MOD>, Nabe
Zalak [1] - <MOD>
Orboknown [2] - Orbo, Kursed
Nabe [1] - Laundry
RosalinaSGS [2] - <MOD>, Gorf
Gorf [1] - Zalak
Maven89 [1] - <MOD>

Not voting: RosalinaSGS, Dietz, Jay
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch;

Last edited:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@Maven89 and @ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS receive a temporary modvote each for breaking the activity rule. If they break that rule another time they will receive permanent modvotes that last for the rest of the game.

Zalak [1] - <MOD>
Nabe [1] - Laundry
RosalinaSGS [1] - <MOD>, Gorf
Gorf [1] - Zalak
RosalinaSGS [1] - <MOD>

Sorry, got caught up IRL. Reading up

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
vote rosa

why is laundry "considerably more likely to be town?"
im not town reading you for it and, in fact, veto your desire to use the thread to look like youre trying to sway the NA's toward yourself. please be readable in the normal way so we dont unnecessarily clash.

you are sorely misrepresenting rosa's play by saying shes biting on for mechanical reasons. she sheeped your explanation for why you sniped the rb and the stinkbug and decided to use that as a solid town read, when in reality that is very much not an okay thing to do.

ill look into kursed and see whether or not what you say about his intentions hold up, but atm he has an unjustified read which i assume he made cuz he saw you/someone in a past game do something similar, but yea @ Kursed Kursed pl0x explain tyvm
I think this might be a bit late, but my read of Laundry is pretty much purely mechanic based. He's a confirmed PR, prime nk material. If he survives tonight, either he's mafia, or they're trying to WIFOM us. Basically, I'm pretty sure he's going to die, so I'm pretty sure he's town. It pretty much the same logic as Laundry's, but I don't see much problem with it.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637

Zalak [1] - <MOD>
Nabe [1] - Laundry
RosalinaSGS [1] - <MOD>, Gorf
Gorf [1] - Zalak
RosalinaSGS [1] - <MOD>

Umm... I'm not sure how to break this to you, but I'm not Maven.

@Everyone Why are Kursed earlier posts just going un-noticed? I'm probably willing to lynch him just for that.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
How dare you?? I was pro in my FIRST GAME of mafia. I'm pretty sure you're just using my inexperience as an excuse for you to explain how you're "unsure" of my role, making you seem more townie. Please put a little effort into your fake reads, Laundromat

:158:
Unvote, Vote: Laundry

Let me explain an actual reason for me not being the town traitor. If a townie has it, the traitor can't snag it. Besides, whoever gets the neighborhood is instantly suspicious for owning such a great town traitor item. So if the town traitor were to grab the neighborhood and get even slightly too chummy with a couple of players, they would all be in trouble.
Gotta admit, this is sooooo true.
Vote: Zalak
He's broken.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@ruy what about nabes interaction with laundry gives you a positive read toward him?
Nabe biting back has merit but laundry has some valid counter points.

Nabe is in a tunnel a bit but I see where he is coming from and where his issues are.

However I do not think either is malicious.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Where did I say you were bad or that I thought you were bad?
Again. What in your mind justifies the separation between the actual circumstances of the setup and the way I would play that setup? That is the core question at the centre of my interaction with you. If your justification isn't, "Nabe is a bad player who doesn't choose a playstyle in a logical way," (and if you don't think that there is a fundamental problem with your wording) then you could not have ANY justification for your leap in logic, and must therefore be lying.

Except that's not it. I said I will lynch you if you play like that because there's no basis for that type of play.
There's absolutely no basis for that type of play, because as you said in your very first post towards me, that type of play is centered on the ambiguity between PRs/mafia in the game. This game has no ambiguity. You could not have possibly thought that I would play in the way you claim to have thought I would.

Except I've already answered that. I answered that in my first response to you: I was trying to cut off any possible attempt for that play. I don't want you to lurk. I don't want you to be in my, or anyone's, nulls until D3. I want you out in the open.
If you had answered the questions (there are two), I wouldn't be asking. Once again:

Why did you choose this game, of all games, to stop me from choosing a specific playstyle when you couldn't have expected me to logically choose that playstyle, given the circumstances of the setup?

What did you mean when you said the following:
Every player in it has commented on me except for the guys who haven't been here. If they were avoiding it (see: Nabe), I directly called them out.
To my memory, I have never been "called out" by you for avoiding comment on you.

#HBC | Gorf

Why would you buy so many items, knowing that you're probably going to die?
then why bother pose this question to laundry?

i seriously doubt that you didnt pull your "most likely town" read off your own intuition, especially when what you said is almost exactly what laundry said earlier in the page:

P.S. I'm town and if I live through tonight I'll be shocked. I wanted that Roleblocker because it's my only chance of living and I wanted that Stinkbug because it's a one-shot ability I can use before I die and have some chance of impacting the game after my death.

:186:
FoS Kursed
Why would you want to lynch the guy with all the items? It's considerably more likely he's town, than mafia. And if he is town, then he's probably going to be killed anyway.
but what strikes me as especially curious is that you used that as a means of positioning yourself against kursed. what he did was vote laundry because of him asking why everybody was spending so much of their money on the listed items, and then sniping the items. especially for the point of where the game was, thats not a bad thing to be curious about. i know you were in a previous game with kursed and, if i remember correctly from skimming that game, his content was about as obscure and bizarre as it sometimes seems to be here. whyd you hop on that so early?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Re-posting questions from page 5.

I think Laundry had a point in saying Nabe wanted to lurk most of the time, which I don't like.
Elaborate on the bolded. What about my play in this game so far suggests to you an intention to lurk? [Note: the question should be answered in-context from the point at which your original post was made, since that was when you made the statement.]

Get used to it thats how it always is
Opinion on my line of reasoning re: Laundry? [Current context is fine given that it's ongoing.]

Top Bottom