• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's crazy auction mafia | Game over, Mafia wins

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Also guys don't be too harsh on Ryu's activity ( this is mainly at Zalak. )
This activity level is normal for him, from what I've seen. Give him some time and he'll get important stuff done.
Alrighty, sorry. I just find it odd that he would leave without posting anything. Kursed did the exact same thing though.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Beginning to lean towards the 'Laundry town' group. It's not impossible he's scum, but it's a pretty convoluted and dangerous role he's playing if so, and he hasn't really done what I'd call 'slipping up' in his defenses, that I've noticed.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
honestly though, Laundry, why aren't you focusing on this right now?
I'm at dinner and on my phone. Doing quote block battles is hard that way and I'd rather be on the computer. Believe me, once I'm back, I'm running train on Nabe.

:186:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kursed [4] - Orbo, Laundry, Maven, Red Ryu
Laundry [3] - <MOD>, Kursed, Nabe
Zalak [1] - <MOD>
Orboknown [1] - Jay
Red Ryu [1] - Gorf

Not voting: RosalinaSGS, Dietz, Zalak
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch;

:059:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So your argument here is, you think I am a bad player. And in fact, your opinion of my play is so low that it doesn't seem like a leap of logic to you that I would play "nebulously", "as if [ I ] were a PR/mafia" in a game with no PRs. In other words, you think I'm an idiot, and that fact in your mind justifies a separation between the circumstances of the game and what you imagined would be my playstyle for that game, prior to my making a single post.
And once again your conception of how I'm responding to you changes miraculously. Where did I say you were bad or that I thought you were bad? Why would I point-blank admit that I'm scared of you ****ing over town if I thought you didn't have the potential to do that? This entire paragraph is ridiculous starting from the first sentence based on that notion.

Consistency isn't credit to your alignment when the thing you're doing consistently is to consistently suggest that you said one thing, but meant something else.
top kek

As I said prior, I think the actual motivation behind your "spotlight" on me is to posture for town by looking like you're calling out a player who, in your eyes, would fulfill that behaviour based on prior play, and thus wouldn't object to being used.
Except that's not it. I said I will lynch you if you play like that because there's no basis for that type of play. The motive, which I have consistently stated, was to call you out. I didn't want you on the fence, sitting squarely in people's nulls until you had made a move because I don't want to gamble on you being town. That's why I'm afraid of you, or rather what you would do given time to make a play, because you will reveal so little of your intentions that I'm left guessing if that play helps town or not, often until it's too late.

What I was met with was one hell of a defensive response. I was told that my reasons were actually this and not what I was saying. I explained and then I was told that my reasons for calling you out were different than what you just said. I continue to explain to you my point of view and you keep changing what you think my motives are. It's like you're continuing to throw **** at me and hope that something sticks so that others can call me out on it. All I wanted to do was try to read you as a player. I was trying to prevent you from being null like you so love to do. That's what that term "nebulous" was relating to. Instead, you want to paint me as scum for even trying to do that and keep fabricating reasons as to why I am.

vote: Nabe

You have nothing.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Hiding from being lynched.
Yep you better modvote me because I have a vendetta against Laundry
would lynch if hes just gonna pull this janky **** all Day
Jay: Very similar play to Kursed but I don't have nearly enough to read into his actions like I can Kursed. Had a high interest in the stinkbug despite not knowing what it did at first (which is weird). I want to pressure this slot more as well.
Actually I had a pretty good idea what it did from the start; I only asked to make sure I wasn't making guesses for no reason when elaboration was possible by the mod. If you'll notice, no one asked what I thought it did so I didn't see point in announcing an extra view point for the uninitiated to use.

You had marked interest in the bug, yet you insist that makes you town because you were keeping it out of town's hands. The same logic could be applied to myself.
Also you keep bringing up me liking Kursed's post but never asked why; I'll just elaborate of my own accord. Simply that I found the business of increasing the bid by 1 just to grab the upper hand was pointless and a waste of time. People aren't going to stop bidding because of 1 extra digit; you're going to have to bring it out of their price range. Simple as that.

Honestly I see Laundry's argument as valid from a town point. But his snagging of the items is perfectly from scum point too. That's why I hold it as indicative of neither.

Unvote
Vote Orbo

We can see he's around from his occasional posts, so I'm not holding him to inactivity. Rather, it's how he has been staying outside of much conflict aside from a few questions.[/quote]its hard to be in the conflict when all the stuff is haooening when im not here. I much orefer being in the live stream of posts but my tone zone atm doesnt work well with that
yeh man i feel u

orbo and nabe too

I'm in korea right now lol. I'm asleep for the majority kf the day back in the states and at work for the night portion of the stayes

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@ Orboknown Orboknown can we have some reads? How are you reading Laundry, Nabe, and Kursed?
Laundry(and zalek) are town via their interaction, nabe is null af and i dislike kursed.
Gorf is also laying around just agreeing with laundry about stuff and sidebar clarifying metas with an occasional poke here and there and i don't like that either

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Jay: Very similar play to Kursed but I don't have nearly enough to read into his actions like I can Kursed. Had a high interest in the stinkbug despite not knowing what it did at first (which is weird). I want to pressure this slot more as well.

Actually I had a pretty good idea what it did from the start; I only asked to make sure I wasn't making guesses for no reason when elaboration was possible by the mod. If you'll notice, no one asked what I thought it did so I didn't see point in announcing an extra view point for the uninitiated to use.

You had marked interest in the bug, yet you insist that makes you town because you were keeping it out of town's hands. The same logic could be applied to myself.
Also you keep bringing up me liking Kursed's post but never asked why; I'll just elaborate of my own accord. Simply that I found the business of increasing the bid by 1 just to grab the upper hand was pointless and a waste of time. People aren't going to stop bidding because of 1 extra digit; you're going to have to bring it out of their price range. Simple as that.

Honestly I see Laundry's argument as valid from a town point. But his snagging of the items is perfectly from scum point too. That's why I hold it as indicative of neither.

Unvote
Vote Orbo

We can see he's around from his occasional posts, so I'm not holding him to inactivity. Rather, it's how he has been staying outside of much conflict aside from a few questions.
its hard to be in the conflict when all the stuff is haooening when im not here. I much orefer being in the live stream of posts but my tone zone atm doesnt work well with that

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
FoS Kursed
Why would you want to lynch the guy with all the items? It's considerably more likely he's town, than mafia. And if he is town, then he's probably going to be killed anyway.
Ok, but where does this town read come from.

We don't know his alignment and I have seen nothing to town read him on at this point.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I still think Laundry's counter-offensive against Jay and Gorf when they weren't even accusing him of anything was pretty absurd, but it makes sense if he really was attempting to make himself a target.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Unvote
Fair enough Orbo.
There's something very weird about Kursed's play. Even as town traitor does he REALLY get anything from this?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Actually, let me go a bit further in depth as to why that doesn't make sense.

Why would I snipe both of these power items as traitor? Especially with my stated reasons? Why would I then come into this thread and continue to keep talking about how I'm likely to die and successfully manage to draw the attention of the game onto myself? These two facets don't make sense. A mafia traitor will likely avoid having the item--except for the neighborizer, mind, traitor gets a lot of value out of it--because mafia may shoot him. While this gets the attention of the mafia, it also removes not one, but two powerful objects that mafia could've won and made better use of through coordination and subtlety than a traitor trying to get himself shot/lynched. You know how powerful a roleblock is for mafia, especially in a game where the PRs are publicly announced, and the scum could've done some really good power plays with this stinkbug. What you're trying to insinuate doesn't make a lick of sense.

This feels very wifomy, but it makes sense at least to me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No, that reason doesn't fit. If you actually expected me to come in being "nebulous", exhibiting some tell that in your opinion demonstrates me being PR/mafia, in a game where there is no possibility of me being a PR, then you're tossing out a potential mafia tell by voicing it prior to my play.

But to begin with, I seriously doubt that you would have ever expected me to play that way, because there are no PRs, and it wouldn't be a viable strategy for VT or mafia without hidden PRs in the game. ** If you simply wanted me to play an active game, you would have said, "Don't lurk."

So you're posting on the second layer, wherein you know I'm not going to post that way. And the only motivation I can think of for such a post would be to posture for other players with empty intimidation. Am I wrong?

** (The only role for which there might be any sort of rationale for such a playful strategy is as traitor, flirting the line to show mafia who you are while not getting lynched by town -- but you threw any potential of using it as a tell out the window, so that never crossed your mind to begin with.)
I need to delve on this, because I kind of see what Nabe is saying here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sorry, I really wanna go back to this again because it's less funny and more "I have a sudden good point to make about it" that I noticed on scrolling back up.

Make me talk about what?

My 180? You're not the first person to bring it up and not only did I explain to them why I did it, I also didn't shut up about it. I figured that no matter what I did, most of the game was gonna revolve around me doing that sudden and hyphy snipe that I did. Rather than just let it build up, I chose to direct it. I talked about it. I kept explaining why I did it. I kept saying ****. The game was gonna talk about it, so I talked about it as well. You can't say "make him talk" when that's all I've been doing--explaining that snipe and why I did it.
My reads? I've been forthright that I think Kursed is scum. I've been forthright that I don't trust Jay. I've been pretty obvious that I don't like Rosa and that I think Gorf's push is good. I went out of my way to make Nabe talk so I can start trying to read him. I keep making notes on orbo so that people look at that slot when I'm gone. You can't say "make him talk" if it's about my reads because I've been fairly open as to them as well.

So, really Ruy, what do you think I'm withholding? What do you think I need to talk about?

@#HBC | Gorf what're your thoughts on this sudden push from ruy? why did he vote kursed with me and then suddenly swap to me?
I didn't see your readlist last night due to alcohol.

More or less answers what I really really unsure on, your reads and direction on less vocal players.

Top Bottom