• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GGs Brawl?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'll post this before Dogy does. Since I know he was going to anyway. *sticks tongue out to dogy* LOL
*slams fist on desk* ****IT

but real talk, what makes me laugh is how the fallout of that is actually going to hurt melee too.

I mean, look at how the news is posted on other forums. It's the same as always (for people who are in melee + other communities. It's not brawl, it's "SMASH".

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
This is such an unfortunate situation. I don't even know either player personally, but I feel so bad for them. It really was the wrong mistake at the wrong time, but I think they're both in some deep trouble.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think it's disappointing, given that it has happened in the past, and apparently no one learned their lesson the last time it was all outed. This is the kind of time I'm seriously ashamed of the community for being so tolerant of this kind of stuff.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Seriously though, EVO, now MLG?

This can be considered Strike 2 for the brawl community(Smash in general from outside perspective)

Purple

Hi guys!
=|

I'm not even entirely sure what happened with Brawl at EVO honestly.

Quick question though Mike, why did Melee get dropped from EVO/MLG?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
From what I remember there wasn't a negative reason other than low attendance At EVO world. Also, I think Melee was on the line up in 07, the year before Brawl was released. And You know how that works already. lol

Linguini

Smash Master
Dude, the melee and brawl communities couldn't be more different, and grouping them into one sphere is ridiculous. This would only happen at a brawl tournament....actually now that I think of it I never really encountered a splitting of the pot until I went to a brawl tournament lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I mean, didn't Melee players pretty much invent the pot split? I always thought that was pretty stupid.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Chillin getting choked with a GCN cord.
The game itself, Melee, had very little to do with that. It was mostly the insults being flung back and forth. They could have been playing Mario Kart and had the same result. Well actually that probably would have made it worse. Dude was so high strung out from dropping out of college and his home life and all this ****, he was bound to explode on something eventually.

Point is, that has nothing to do with Melee as a game or a community really, as it could have just as easily happened in Brawl or any other.

This shouldn't turn into a Brawl v Melee debate thread. I have too many friends who play Brawl who'll get mad at what I believe.

READ : NO BRAWL V MELEE DISCUSSION.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh well, looks like Ally is taking Dallas home.
Didn't you hear? Ally can't fight a Marth to save his life. Dallas is far from decided.

And it has nothing to do with the game being played. M2K's just dumb sometimes; this isn't exactly unexpected.

Now the conspiracy theories roll in, too--While we're at it, was it supposed to be a ploy to say that Meta Knight's not ban-worthy after all? :o

More to the point, this had better not turn into a Brawl vs. Melee discussion. Any further talk about bashing players of a specific game will get infracted. If you have a beef with someone, take it to PM/IM and show it off to all your friends when you feel validated at a later time.

Let's talk about how disappointing the situation is.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I think GA did that as a whole friggin state >_> LOL *runs*
It's true. It happens today in the GA community

But that **** never happened back in the GAwes, Mike G, Bobby, Blake and the Co and Me era.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
your point.....? that has nothing to do with pot splitting ya duck.
it still has to do with idiocy from both communities. besides, pot splitting happens in EVERY game at some point. the "holier than thou" attitude about it only being able to happen at Brawl tournaments was a nice touch, imo. when rules dictate otherwise, everyone else stopped. M2K put himself in a really stupid position by continuing to try it during MLG.

It's true. It happens today in the GA community

But that **** never happened back in the GAwes, Mike G, Bobby, Blake and the Co and Me era.
wow, that's bull****. i personally witnessed pot-splitting occur MANY times throughout the aforementioned era. let's not mince words, gentlemen. again, this occurs in almost every community for almost every game, so this is not any kind of Melee/Brawl argument, as I think both games suck equally for tournament competition. the point is to just not go for pot-splitting when MLG has rules to stop said situations. that way, no more disappointing events such as this will happen in the future.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
What I meant was During GA's early smash time. I've never seen pot splitting when I played or when those who I mention played.

****, it may have happened when I was not aware of it, but not once ever did wes, bobby, or the others I mentioned try to fix matches and split the pot afterwards.

I'm actually annoyed because I know **** well White Mike didn't do any of that and he isn't even here to defend himself

The only time I was ever split of any pot fee was at the first greeting schooled tournament in MD where the whole thing was based on pools matches and not brackets, Chu Azen and I had the exact same scores, played it out 3 times and still had the exact same scores so splitting first was decided by the 3 of us and approved by the host. Note, that this was only first place earnings. the person who would have placed 4th(Neo) received 2nd's earnings and etc.

Yes Marty, everyone and their aunt knows you hate both games. No need to preach that in here too. >_>

Purple

Hi guys!
It is very disappointing that Mew2King did that, i'm kind of curious if they will be getting their forementioned pay, I think there should (if anything) be a decrease in how much they are paid for their behavior.

nevershootme

Smash Master
highly doubt the court would be spending time with a small case vs a corporation. even then how did mlg get through the legal side and run the tournaments

also, you can't even find the policies regarding the terms and conditions of the contracts publicly.

Purple

Hi guys!
PBnJ Tried to make someone give him a win in pools so that Rayku wouldn't get out of pools at To5.

This **** happens yo, that's all he's saying. All of the hate aside, these things happen on both communities.

Top Bottom