• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting Schooled Mafia- Cult Wins!

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
You know what? FoS: Siivi

You've been buddying with Rockin for the most part, you've been blindly following his opinion basically, and if he is lynched today and flips scum, then you are going to be the one that is my primary lynch candidate on D4.

Rockin/Siivi needs to go.
I edited it so that it is more clear.

§iivi

Steel|Xiivi
You know what? FoS: Siivi

You've been buddying with Rockin for the most part, you've been blindly following his opinion basically, and if he is lynched today and flips scum, then you are going to be the one that is my primary lynch candidate.

Rockin/Siivi needs to go.
Foolish! We are not following opinion but facts!
Be weary of what you say, you must watch your acts!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Like, really nice OMGUS there Rockin. I see more merit in Nick's case than in yours, as you are grasping at straws. It's ridiculous. You're convinced that he is scum because they came up as different alignments? How do you know that there isn't a mafia bus driver that switched scum with nick? Maybe you switched Nick and Siivi N1 so as to throw off people. (remember, Nick claimed after the lunch period.) It seems probable that you may be the mafia bus driver. It seems to fit in with the flavor there too.

Siivi is buddying with Rockin right now, and needs to stop sheeping.
Just saying...

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I fail to see how that is grasping at straws. I said that it is possible[/b] that is what happened!

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
oops.
I fail to see how that is grasping at straws. I said that it is possible that is what happened!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If we'd all tell each other the things that are possible...

Saying something is possible means that you doubt the other option, even though that's the universally accepted truth. It's something that you can get punished on, and not just lightly, I experienced it first hand :/

Please point out to me where Nic is grasping at straws

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Isn't it obvious that i'm trying to stack a case on rockin ? Why then are you trying to shoot it down? Also, when i'm trying to stack a case on rockin, not nic, why do you ask me to point out where he is grasping at straws, when he seems to have a legitimate point? Besides, if rockin flips town, then i'm going after Nic. Doesn't necessarily clear Siivi though.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ups, I mean.
Where is Rockin grasping at straws, it's kinda late here when I post, so I often screw up with persons and stuff. I'm just a bit tired lately, please understand. :/

I 'shot it down' how? I just say that pointing out possibilities is useless.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice

Let's look at the posts.

Wow, is that your defense? Really?

You shouldn't even HAVE to use that defense against me. That's kinda telling me you're feeling pressured.

Vote: Nick

You know, usually when you out a mafia, that DOES give you instant townie points, especially since you're so early on the wagon. However, the fact that I've only seen one nk (which it was by Kevin) on D1 and no nk on D2 can pretty much prove that there's no more Mafias and that there is indeed a indie survivor of sorts.

Your quick jab vote to Siivi was unneeded, especially since that was a time I was pretty sure Blue Yoshie was our next maf.

I had to make sure this was right, so I went and compared Nick with Siivi last night and there's still that different alignment going on, so I really think Nick is our indie survivor.

Tell me, if I were to flip Comparison cop, what would town do?
Ups, I mean.
Where is Rockin grasping at straws, it's kinda late here when I post, so I often screw up with persons and stuff. I'm just a bit tired lately, please understand. :/

I 'shot it down' how? I just say that pointing out possibilities is useless.
read the quote above yours. I mean come on, what is the probability of there only being one mafia in this game? He wasn't even a recruiter like in TS mafia, just a mafia goon. I think mafia wants you to think that they are gone and there is just an indy left.

You shot it down by saying that something is a possibility is useless. It's not useless. Most of what the town does is based on assumptions.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I said doubting something (by presenting another possibility) that has been accepted as a truth is bad.

Saying something is possible means that you doubt the other option, even though that's the universally accepted truth. It's something that you can get punished on, and not just lightly, I experienced it first hand :/
Well, it's the accepted truth in this case.
---------------------
Yeah, that post is what I was aiming at.
The probability is small, but so is a bus driver (at least where I come from, I never seen a bus driver in a game before).
Yes yes, scummy comment there, but how rockin will respond is kinda obvious to me.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Xonar
Smashboards loves power roles. First game I was in had a bus driver, actually. (Spidey-mafia, if you want to check it out)

Scum Co.

Junglefever|Chaco
Okay guys, it's time to face the facts here. Siivi SAID there was a bus driver, I am really leaning on that. Right now, I have no reason to doubt Siivi, however, I also have no reason to doubt Nick. He outed scum, and you guys automatically thinking he is scum, I don't buy that. It's obvious to me that this game is power role laden. I'm thinking a possibility of a framer. It's a longshot but I see absolutely no reason for Nick to out his scumbuddy and BE THE MAIN FORCE behind his lynch. What aren't you guys getting about that? We have no reason to doubt him. Right now, I'm a bit unsure about Rockin, but I really want to look outside those 3 and look at the remainder. So narrowing down from this list. Gheb is is in the clear right now, to me at least as Nick confirmed him going nowhere.

That leaves Xonar, Swords, and Omis. I want to look at these guys before going back to the others, and for now...Vote: Xonar for slamming down a vote in a one liner with no backing but following someone.

I'll post more later.

Scum Co.

Junglefever|Chaco
OH, I did misunderstand that. Hmm. I'm still thinking a possibility of a framer.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Wait, since when is stating the obvious scummy? If the obvious is my defense, then I'll use it.
We already know you tracked a mafia. It's like a mafia who bussed another maf saying 'Look at me! I'm useful! I'm town!' That's why I'm saying to stop using the obvious.

Hold it right there. Haven't we established that one of us is a scumbag? Therefore, we have two investigative prs so far. I can see a doc with these conditions. Also, I'm not really following your roleblocker reasoning. In addition, I highly doubt that Hando made a one-man mafia, for the simple reason that those are usually known as SK's.
A roleblocker can stop a mafia for doing its kill. If there was a roleblocker and he roleblocked say 'Blue Yoshi' I could see the person just either voting or whatsoever. You know, this brought up a question of my own. Why didn't you track Blue Yoshi on lunch time?

Um. Let's see. You're claiming you compared me someone who's flipped town. on N1. Then, on N2, you compare me with another townie... for what reason? That is awful play, man. It makes perfect sense to compare someone besides me, because that way we end up with more information, instead of a duplicate of past info. If you're town, (which I know you're not), that is extreme FAIL.
There's no one else to compare that is confirmed town for me. When So fresh was pranked, that cleared Siivi for me. When you claim, you was cleared till I saw the flip of Blue Yoshi. Right now, Siivi is confirmed town in my eyes, and he's the base I need so as to try and confirm others. My past inestigations wasn't a duplicate. I was just using two existing people.

Objection! There are still two other possibilities in play here:

1)You're a bus driver
2)You and Sivii are the remaining mafia goons.

So, you aren't cleared by any means. It is a point in your favor, but only a point.

After the epic win on D1, I'll be very surprised if I lose this game. Very surprised.
And if neither come up, you're going to be heavily looked at.

Like, really nice OMGUS there Rockin. I see more merit in Nick's case than in yours, as you are grasping at straws. It's ridiculous. You're convinced that he is scum because they came up as different alignments? How do you know that there isn't a mafia bus driver that switched scum with nick? Maybe you switched Nick and Siivi N1 so as to throw off people. (remember, Nick claimed after the lunch period.) It seems probable that you may be the mafia bus driver. It seems to fit in with the flavor there too.

Siivi is buddying with Rockin right now, and needs to stop sheeping.
You know, last I checked, you actually went with the idea of different alignments.

I don't feel I was bussed at all mainly cause there wasn't no flavor that provided some hint of a bus. Also, looking at it, the Maf bus driver would have to know if I was comparing someone twice in a row, so I don't feel that would be possible at all. I'm a bit more convinced of a framer, but till see the flip, I'm not going to be convinced otherwise.

You shot it down by saying that something is a possibility is useless. It's not useless. Most of what the town does is based on assumptions.
Not always. It can be done with proven facts as well. If it was always done with assumptions, then there would've been a bit more mislynches.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rockin's claim looks legit in my book so I unvoted. I'd still prefer if he considered all options like Nick being possibly tracker/survivor, a bus driver, a framer, a lawyer - you get the idea. A comparision cop just screams "strong indy side" to me so I'd say it's better to wait for more results before we accidentaly lynch the wrong guy here - we already lynched a townie and now we're risking to lynch a possible indy who could just joint with us given that a scumbag's down already.

Following the claimed cop - even if it's a credible claim - has rarely been a good idea and worked out horribly on several occasions. Let's rather scumhunt than rely on PRs - I'll be looking at Swords / Xonar's post to get a better grasp on where the suspicions are coming from.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
EBWOP: I don't know how millers work if investigated by the comparision cop but I think it's clear that there are many more options to consider than just straight up lynch Nick or Rockin.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Day 3 Votes:
[2] Rockin (Nic, Swords)
[2] Nic (Rockin, Siivi)
[1] Xonar (Scum Co)
[4] Not Voting (Gheb, Cacti, Xonar, Omis)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to suspend.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Mhm Scum Co?

You mean this post?
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9238303&postcount=357

I wasn't following anybody, I saw nobody else unvoting. The thing is, if he really compared those people, he has a proper defense... or at least he is less suspicious.
I removed my vote because I was doubtful about Rockin, I still want to see how this works out first.

Kind of strange voting me for that unvote, even if it was an one-liner, it wasn't that out of place.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Rockin's claim looks legit in my book so I unvoted. I'd still prefer if he considered all options like Nick being possibly tracker/survivor, a bus driver, a framer, a lawyer - you get the idea. A comparision cop just screams "strong indy side" to me so I'd say it's better to wait for more results before we accidentaly lynch the wrong guy here - we already lynched a townie and now we're risking to lynch a possible indy who could just joint with us given that a scumbag's down already.

Following the claimed cop - even if it's a credible claim - has rarely been a good idea and worked out horribly on several occasions. Let's rather scumhunt than rely on PRs - I'll be looking at Swords / Xonar's post to get a better grasp on where the suspicions are coming from.

Hm... I didn't consider the possibility of a Framer/Lawyer. That would make a good deal of sense. Looks like I'd better slow down, re-read, and focus on scum-hunting rather than PR's.

Unvote: Rockin

Scum Co.

Junglefever|Chaco
Mhm Scum Co?

You mean this post?
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9238303&postcount=357

I wasn't following anybody, I saw nobody else unvoting. The thing is, if he really compared those people, he has a proper defense... or at least he is less suspicious.
I removed my vote because I was doubtful about Rockin, I still want to see how this works out first.

Kind of strange voting me for that unvote, even if it was an one-liner, it wasn't that out of place.
For some reason I thought you only voted with a one liner, and didn't unvote. My bad. Upon rereading I didn't refer back when making that post.

Scum Co.

Junglefever|Chaco
Actually yes, it is because in game on MS you're not allowed to unvote, only move your vote. Therefore I didn't unvote, but before I do, why're you so paranoid of my vote on you?

Omis

my friends were skinny
@Gheb
This may be a small thing but now I am curious about this. What was ever the deal with you posting about some "role" you were "aware" of? Looking back its something that stood out to me. People were accusing you pretty hard of rolephishing and you were replying in the worst ways possible. Then Nick claims and everything is gone. I dont like it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I was wrong about that. I thought there might be a rather minor PR but there's no reason to assume it's there now.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
unvote Vote: Cacti

You need to get back into this game Cacti, you're not posting squat. Also, what do you think of Rockin VS Nick? Do you think Nick is a tracker survivor? Or do you think rockin is a comparison cop? Please, post something of substance.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Day 3 Votes:
[1] Nic (Rockin)
[1] Xonar (Scum Co)
[1] Cacti (Swords)
[1] Omis (Siivi)
[5] Not Voting (Gheb, Cacti, Xonar, Omis, Nic)

Top Bottom