• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting In The Green November 13th, 2010 Ft: Dr PeePee RESULTS IN OP

0Room

Smash Lord
As everyone else was saying

Much better for teams than singles
But it's all cool

It's why we try new stuff, right?

0Room

Smash Lord
BTW, what's up with no tournaments until February, aka Pound V, which isn't even NC?
Are we all burned out from this or something?

It always seems to be this way, where we have ridiculous amounts of tourneys in a 2 month period
then nothing for another month or so.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well we had a lot of speculatory stuff that might happen in december but idk how that's panning out.

if all goes well tomorrow, i can potentially host GITG2 2-3 weeks before pound 5.

there should be a duke popping up or something. my exam week, unlike many others, is pretty chill, but idk if i can host an event as soon as early december.

lord karn

Smash Master
yeah, most of us are college students, so there is always a lack of tournaments from thanksgiving until after christmas. The combo of holiday -> exams -> holiday kinda ***** the tourney scene. The only potential date is really the first weekend of december, or the weekend right before christmas.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Yeah, what Alex said pretty much. Even for non college students though, money is kinda tight and schedule get pretty hectic.

On a similar but unrelated note: I do really want to go play with DJ and Theo though. I miss those guys.

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah I understand that, as I'm going through that as well
But it was more of noticing a trend of having a huge amount of tourneys, then suddenly none.
And back again.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*shrug* i still don't know my status regarding the meeting. i just tried to get a venue squared away for the next one, but its not possible at all.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
DUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
i can't host here.

i thought i could reserve rooms in the EUC, but UNCG is too full of ****.

sorry bros.
possibly host @ A&T? we could use one or 2 of the lecture rooms and Lance runs ACM which hosts game tournaments pretty often, not unusual for ppl not in the school to show plus itll be on a weekend with nobody here, just a suggestion.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if thats possible, that'd be pretty cool matt. i just think greensboro is a cool place to host. plus you wouldn't have to haul out all that equipment to UNCG.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
only *****z though

so everyone besides ashley and her beau are good
i think

o ya and SP

those guys are straight *****z

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
winter break gurl

man it'd really be nice to just get a crowd of smashers who are also water breathers of course, to just like.... chill and get high. god that'd be good.

jim? stingers? ace? dorsey? crio? smith? behr? moo? mike? the entire geographical area of Southern Pines? .... lozr? (lmao)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, I guess this is what "getting in the green" has now become.

I have a feeling our winter breaks won't connect cam. I get out real early. Once I get my car back after christmas tho, we'll definitely get it done tho.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
winter break gurl

man it'd really be nice to just get a crowd of smashers who are also water breathers of course, to just like.... chill and get high. god that'd be good.

jim? stingers? ace? dorsey? crio? smith? behr? moo? mike? the entire geographical area of Southern Pines? .... lozr? (lmao)
Quoted for no love, even though I'm obviously down. :[

Top Bottom