• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Melee into Evo 2013! (FOR REALS... maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
70 people viewing this thread. Hope you're all voting or have already voted and are getting out the vote to others and such. We're not the only ones growing after all, Guilty Gear gets harder to catch every second! The ones above it, harder still. Keep rallying support and whatnot.

Vain

Smash Journeyman
Voting for other fighting games lower the Melee chances! Vote Melee~! (as stated before). Specially if they're already higher than the game, it just makes their lead harder to catch up :).

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As long as so many smashers vote at 5+ games this will never even be a good results for us. I understand if people wanna see many/more games but if we even wanna have a small chance to make it people should take those votes at other games back.
This.

Voted.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I hope the EVO staff doesn't think someone's using scripts or something. :S
That's the great thing about using Facebook. There's people and profiles behind every vote, so unless there's a bunch of dummy accounts with no pictures and information, all the votes are legit.

This thread is simply awareness. You think the KOF and anime communities aren't doing the same thing?

Only thing is... our community is legitimately huge ;)

As would I. We would absolutely need to get every top Melee player there, to boot, to show how awesome our game is competitively and for people to watch. :)
THIS TOO.

We would need 300+ entrants to show Evo that we are legit and the Facebook vote wasn't just a bunch of Internet monsters. Considering there's like 3000+ people are Evo every weekend, we'll probably get randoms to boost that number, but if there's any Melee tournament to travel to in 2013, make it Evo.

( And Apex <3 )

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Don't lose, Melee! We need you!

Almost voted for MvC3 too but melee means more to me.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
SFIV and MVC3 are 100000000000000000000% confirmed. No reason to vote for them. Lets make that Melee number look more impressive :D

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
SFIV and MVC3 are 100000000000000000000% confirmed. No reason to vote for them. Lets make that Melee number look more impressive :D
The only reason MvC3 is even good is because Phoenix Wright is in it. :) I figured it would be making it anyway. I will do what I can to get Melee as high as possible.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Voted. Also posted to the Michigan Melee FB group (94 members), the UM Smash FB page (163 likes), and the NorCal Melee FB group (298 members).

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
having sf4, mvc3, and melee at one huge tournament would be the perfect event.

the community needs to rectify its relationship with the FGC and their players. hopefully melee will finally get the credit it deserves!

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Even if we win the vote, they ignore it and don't add us to EVO... the eternal glee, pride and happiness we will experience will be priceless.

I like how popular this thread is. Might post this on youtube to get help get the word out

Revven

FrankerZ
Melee has hit 1,000 votes, people. Amazing job. :D

We're catching up to GG and Persona 4 BTW!! Keep it up, we gotta surpass them!

Max?

Smash Champion
Holy crap. This is so inspiring. I voted last night when we only had 100~ votes, and I thought "Well another vain attempt by our community to try and put a pulse into it's presence within the fgc". To wake up and see this kind of response is overwhelming. I'm going to share this with some of the FB groups I'm in (EC Melee, NYC SSBM, etc etc). Let's make this happen guys, this is the best game ever made and it's time to show the world.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
how about a few of us write a professional message about smash at evo 2013? with lots of care

The thing, our votes are from "community members who attend tournaments" worldwide. If smash is at EVO we'd make a huge showing.

Most other games are dominated vastly by people who watch videos and play online only. They won't probably even attend evo.

We could clearly match/out number the biggest tournaments there if people attended

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I reactivated my FB after two years just for this. Lets really show that we are a legitimate community with a dedicated fanbase.
Hype.

Oh, if Melee does get in, samox HAS to be there.

Wobbles should write us a petition.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
how about a few of us write a professional message about smash at evo 2013? with lots of care
This would probably go a long way. I can see them dismissing us as a bunch of Internet monsters just voting for the lolz.

Someone with good essay writing skills, LET EM KNOW! Show them the tourney results! Let em know dropping Melee in 2008 for Brawl was a mistake, and that Melee is still going strong. Stronger than every non Capcom fighting game (and some Capcom fighting games, I'm looking at you SFxT)

I reactivated my FB after two years just for this. Lets really show that we are a legitimate community with a dedicated fanbase.
Hype.

Oh, if Melee does get in, samox HAS to be there.
I don't know if he's still filming, but that would be the perfect ending to the documentary. Fairy tail ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom