• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I was standing around in my store a bit ago....and was thinking about Ganon's fair.

And about the hitbox sigs.

And I realized "wait...I've been seeing these things for months now, and I still never paid attention to the size/range of the actual hitbox...wonder if it's beyond reasonable...sure feels like it is ;__;"

Upon further review, here....good god.

Well.

At least it isn't like Snake's OMGWTFFFF hitboxes [esp for nair and utilt @_@!!!] shown in that video hehe...

VietGeek

Smash Hero

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I was standing around in my store a bit ago....and was thinking about Ganon's fair.

And about the hitbox sigs.

And I realized "wait...I've been seeing these things for months now, and I still never paid attention to the size/range of the actual hitbox...wonder if it's beyond reasonable...sure feels like it is ;__;"

Upon further review, here....good god.

Well.

At least it isn't like Snake's OMGWTFFFF hitboxes [esp for nair and utilt @_@!!!] shown in that video hehe...
you gotta be careful. the moment you begin thinking about ganondorf for no reason, you know he has started to control you. it's a good thing that you realized you were thinking of him before it was too late. if you think of him and never catch yourself.... we'll never hear from you again.

Ryne

Smash Cadet
Ha, I went to the Weeklies two weeks ago and got beat in Brawl. I got second place tho, which isn't that bad. There were soooooo many people there who played Melee like crazy lol. I got beat something terrible tho. Can't wait for the monthly, I'll be sure to have my revenge lol

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I've always played both games. I just don't really enter melee tourneys cause I don't get the practice like I need to anymore. I might jump in a few melee tourneys when I improve on my characters a little more though.
translation is that you will never enter Melee tournaments as long as Brawl is available and easier to play.

bigman40

Smash Master
translation is that you will never enter Melee tournaments as long as Brawl is available and easier to play.
Uh no. You don't even remember me cause of how badly I sucked when I was in the melee scene (wouldn't expect you to remember it anyways when I was that badly of a scrub). You had 3 stocked my Yoshi two times in a set. I still intend to get into melee, but as far as it stands, my money will only allow that to happen occasionally. Both games aren't that hard to me as I find tech skill the same for the characters I play. So there's no reason for you to make that claim.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Uh no. You don't even remember me cause of how badly I sucked when I was in the melee scene (wouldn't expect you to remember it anyways when I was that badly of a scrub). You had 3 stocked my Yoshi two times in a set. I still intend to get into melee, but as far as it stands, my money will only allow that to happen occasionally. Both games aren't that hard to me as I find tech skill the same for the characters I play. So there's no reason for you to make that claim.
well, you're right. there is no reason for me to make that claim. i mean, time will prove it true, anyway.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
I might jump in a few melee tourneys when I improve on my characters a little more though.
Entering melee tournaments now would actually accelerate that process. As long as you have enough knowledge of the game that you're noticing all of your errors. Not that playing friendlies doesn't help improve your technical skill execution. Growing accustomed to high pressure situations against an opponent who is trying his hardest to kill you as efficiently as he/she possibly can is a greater skill boosting experience than playing some greedy falcon player who will self destruct three times trying to do something stylish.

I see many players going to tournaments and not entering. Which is always a missed opportunity for those people in my opinion. Unless the reason is that you can't spare the money which I can totally understand, but if you can afford it and you really do want to improve you should enter every chance you get. That's what players like Fullmetal and SleepyK did all the time. I used to beat those guys all the time back in the day, but now they outplace me at every tournament I enter.

I think you'll find that the better you are at melee the more you'll enjoy it. I don't know any one who can grab > tech chase > death combo who doesn't like melee(except Marty:dizzy:).

and excuse my long winded post, but this is a point I wanted to make to everyone not just you.

Eugenio:)

Purple

Hi guys!
Going to quote it for clarification since Dogy doesn't have the OP set on it yet. Impact Clash IS having Melee.

waba and impact clash are two seperate businesses in a sense. While it's nice to get more people into the tournament, respect that fact and don't put impact clash related messages here.

@marty - be nice.

@eugenio - a lot of smash players are at a point in their life where their money is very tight. They barely scrap up money to get into brawl, so spending money on melee is near impossible (or feels impossible) to the lot of them. Just wanted to point that out.

bigman40

Smash Master
waba and impact clash are two seperate businesses in a sense. While it's nice to get more people into the tournament, respect that fact and don't put impact clash related messages here.
It doesn't make sense for this thread to also be related to just Waba when we only use this for social chatting. The real Waba thread has mainly been Waba related, and I didn't place the clarification there for the reason you stated.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
It doesn't make sense for this thread to also be related to just Waba when we only use this for social chatting. The real Waba thread has mainly been Waba related, and I didn't place the clarification there for the reason you stated.
He's right

This is basically the GA social thread. Leave the direction influence to me, Jamaal lol

Eugenio

Smash Lord
@eugenio - a lot of smash players are at a point in their life where their money is very tight. They barely scrap up money to get into brawl, so spending money on melee is near impossible (or feels impossible) to the lot of them. Just wanted to point that out.
Like I said if money is tight then I totally get it. I'm not exactly 50 cent myself:ohwell:

It's just a video game competition;)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
since highschoolers decided we were too poor to do monthlies

Blazblue entry fee is $10 isn't it?

...do I even have $30? <____<

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah Ryne is legit. He got 2nd place at his first Waba tournament. All of the melee players were teaching him Melee stuff and he was picking up really quickly :D

Top Bottom