• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
thegreatwazoo said there would be a tournament at ga tech on the 17th, but I haven't seen any other info about it.
Here it is:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10039597#post10039597

Someone should create an account and post in the Meet and Greet thread and saying that you go to tech and want to play smash this saturday.

Kazoo will undoubtedly respond. Seriously.
True to form.

Oh, and iirc, this tourney is free to enter with prizes for top three. Don't quote me on this yet.

I wouldn't mind having my place for everyone to crash.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Someone should create an account and post in the Meet and Greet thread and saying that you go to tech and want to play smash this saturday.

Kazoo will undoubtedly respond. Seriously.
rofl so true.

im gonna go to GA tech friday afternoon.

hopefully I can get housing from michael but he still hasn't responded.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
No entry fee?
Intriguing.

Who's sponsoring this with "prizes"?

And, (because I have previous experience with this...) are said "prizes" only available to GA Tech students?

Cause FFffffffff placing top 3 and then being denied a prize.

Answers to said questions will probably determine my attendance. :dizzy:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I don't have a problem with no prize money since I probably wasn't going to win anyways lololol

Since this is free entry, I'll be entering everything.

Who wants to team in Melee?

I'll be teaming with a level 9 luigi in Brawl.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Batsu&Roll all the way lol.
Roll's pretty cheap because she can easily do a super right out of blocking because you have to charge 1 of her moves. and once that move gets started you can do a super automatically out of it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol hell yeah I'll team with you... just like old times lol.

I haven't played Brawl seriously in a while, but SNAKES AND SHORYUKENS ALL DAY SON.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Friday afternoon probably. Angelo will tell you all the details at the gamefest tomorrow night, since he's the man with the plan.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i just realized i'm working till 5pm friday... i guess i'll just have to meet you guys there.

i'll still get the general directions from him, though.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Henry bring Brawl+ Gold with you to gamefest tomorrow, I really need to play it to see how nerfed my character really got...

Rayku

Smash Lord
I just need to see the boundary limits and such, to see how long I can live. If I can't live to at least DECENT percents (I've seen that Warioware is obnoxiously small now) I'm going to have to pick up Ike/Sheik/Ganondorf more seriously

Rayku

Smash Lord
No Marty what are you talking about Roll is cheap as hell. You obviously have no grasp of the game whatsoever

Bass in TvC would be broken just because of the character

Purple

Hi guys!
Batsu&Roll all the way lol.
Roll's pretty cheap because she can easily do a super right out of blocking because you have to charge 1 of her moves. and once that move gets started you can do a super automatically out of it.
Well, that depends on how long the block string goes on. By that logic if you do the super too early or too late (when another block string starts) you're taking free damage.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Ok, Tech it is.

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Super hype.

No entry fee?
Intriguing.
It's 100% free.

Who's sponsoring this with "prizes"?
Entertainment Software Producers of Georgia Tech.

And, (because I have previous experience with this...) are said "prizes" only available to GA Tech students?

Cause FFffffffff placing top 3 and then being denied a prize.

Answers to said questions will probably determine my attendance. :dizzy:
Judging on the details here, I would say that prizes are available to all. Don't quote me on that though...

I don't have a problem with no prize money since I probably wasn't going to win anyways lololol

Since this is free entry, I'll be entering everything.

Who wants to team in Melee?

I'll be teaming with a level 9 luigi in Brawl.
No teams for this tourney.

lolwtf sleepyk's new avatar
Inorite.

Relating to the tourney, I would be willing to house people as well. Give me a call for more details.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
the next time i come to waba im placing low so which out yall been doing some secret training in brawl so watch out

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Just to make sure you guys know...

There are no teams at that tournament. There is no stage striking/banning AT ALL. And there is a limit on chain grabs (2 chain grabs so 1 grab, then 2 follow up grabs max or DQ). The stage list is also old as ****.

It's a good excuse to get together and play Brawl I guess but meh. I am not affiliated with this tournament at all. It's the only one I don't have influence over. I may not even show up but I'll try to. Don't expect much from me this weekend, I have to much work to do, sorry. I haven't slept more than 3 hours in the past 60+ hours. Yay Tech :D

Maybe if I get some sleep and some of you guys are on campus, I can throw a mini-impromptu Smashfest if I feel I have the time. We'll see, keep in contact. I also can do housing if you need it for some reason so just ask.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i played some guy named frozenhobo in star craft 2 i was going to make a high schoolers can't play joke but then i thought maybe it was a diff. frozenhobo

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Roll is a pile of **** and a waste of a character slot. People like you are why characters like Hakan and El Fuerte exist.

And, I can give you a million reasons why Bloody Roar is terrible, but I'll only list a few to save time.

The character designs are extremely uninspired, and the game engine is very rigid and clunky, as if it were a student programming project. Also, the stages are very bland, along with the overall graphics engine being very mediocre to awful, even for its time. The Beast changing system was just a ridiculous gimmick, and the frame data was all messed up in the game, making moves too safe and hard to punish, like Melee. And, in closing, it speaks volumes about a game when Mortal Kombat has a better developed fighting engine than your game.
Wasting your time, Marty.

Bloody Roar= a game where people transform into animals.

Nihongo-ookysomethingorother= furry.

That (Bloody Roar) + that (Nihongo)= furry smorgasbord.

Pretty simple. Posting in this thread because I miss Umby and the rest of GA.

Edit: I will never understand the appeal of Roll as a character. Seriously.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom