• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I was so pissed when I unlocked Roll in MvC. They really wasted a character slot, it could have just as easily been Bass or Proto Man.
you're speaking my language, Eugenio.

No Marty what are you talking about Roll is cheap as hell. You obviously have no grasp of the game whatsoever

Bass in TvC would be broken just because of the character
yeah, apparently i don't know how much Roll has developed in the metagame... <_<
Forte would have been a cool addition. at least, he would be better than Roll. Tron should have been in TvC over Roll, imo.

Wasting your time, Marty.

Bloody Roar= a game where people transform into animals.

Nihongo-ookysomethingorother= furry.

That (Bloody Roar) + that (Nihongo)= furry smorgasbord.

Pretty simple. Posting in this thread because I miss Umby and the rest of GA.

Edit: I will never understand the appeal of Roll as a character. Seriously.

Smooth Criminal
i suppose you're right, but i try to not view it as a waste of time to try and remove someone's ignorance.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Judging on the details here, I would say that prizes are available to all. Don't quote me on that though...
Thats kinda really important...
Have you HEARD what happened to me at SPSU right before brawl came out?

Just to make sure you guys know...

There are no teams at that tournament. There is no stage striking/banning AT ALL. And there is a limit on chain grabs (2 chain grabs so 1 grab, then 2 follow up grabs max or DQ). The stage list is also old as ****.

It's a good excuse to get together and play Brawl I guess but meh. I am not affiliated with this tournament at all. It's the only one I don't have influence over. I may not even show up but I'll try to.
No teams? Such weaksauce. WTF kind of tournament is this, anyways!?

No chain grabs? You realize thats kind of important to matchups in melee, right?
And yes I read you have no control over it-

I'm just commenting on the fact that this sounds like another scrub-run tourney.
Which is fine, I guess since its free. I may try to hold a smashfest/tournament at my house this saturday instead, to steal all the melee players away.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Thats kinda really important...
Have you HEARD what happened to me at SPSU right before brawl came out?
Context clues say that you won a tourney, went to get your prize, and then found out you couldn't get said prize. Sorry to hear it. :(

No teams? Such weaksauce. WTF kind of tournament is this, anyways!?

No chain grabs? You realize thats kind of important to matchups in melee, right?
And yes I read you have no control over it-

I'm just commenting on the fact that this sounds like another scrub-run tourney.
Which is fine, I guess since its free. I may try to hold a smashfest/tournament at my house this saturday instead, to steal all the melee players away.
Not gonna lie, the people running this tourney are a little scrubby. That doesn't mean the tourney is gonna suck though.

Well, if anyone decides to show up, I'll see you there. If not, I won't lose that much sleep (viz none). :rolleyes:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i'm wondering if i keep grabbing a person that techs toward me would that count as a chaingrab lol

bigman40

Smash Master
Naw. I'm still stuck at college till May. I wouldn't want to go to a scrubfest anyway since I'd be annoyed that I can't get more people to actually think other than *****ing at **** that's super easy to get around compared to the **** high level players deal with. My ****ing sugar cookies are worth more than the tourney for me right now.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
The tournament will be 1v1, no items, qualified stages only, and restricted on chain-throwing and other exploitations.
da fuuuck I can't wavedash I guess

this tournament sounds like trash

tubes

Smash Ace
second round? It's double elimination right? It's great that lounis won but I'd hate to see Reflex knocked out that early.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
da fuuuck I can't wavedash I guess

this tournament sounds like trash
they should just ban sheik.... so who has the best zelda? seems like the only character that can.... words fail me
Not gonna lie, the people running this tourney are a little scrubby. That doesn't mean the tourney is gonna suck though.
the picture on the left
<-
im sheik i chaingrab. i refuse to go to this tournament. if anyone goes tell them the earth is round not square for me. and then chaingrab them irl

edit: fullmetal ill call or something tomoro to see if that tourny/smashfest is still happening.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hitbox you should have some humility.

I play Sheik and I don't chaingrab for ****. I seem to be doing just fine :)

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Hitbox you should have some humility.

I play Sheik and I don't chaingrab for ****. I seem to be doing just fine :)
ive been playing sheik too long not to chaingrab... im sure i would do it a few times on accident... and what get dqd? its just b.s. im sure theyd call techchasing chaingrabbing too so... id be bringing like a midtier character. its not like sheik can chaingrab anyone thats not low tier other than ganon (but he can do it back so its fair right?).

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Nothing wrong with expecting a tournament to be run correctly.
Don't act so "high and mighty" there sir.
Correctly for who, you? Well now...

You obviously have no tolerance for a tournament geared towards the casual player.

Might want to heed your own advice there, sir.

Rayku

Smash Lord
LOL @ mercy defending idiotic levels being legal.

You should go host a 4-for-all tourney with items on to heighten the randomocity.

Or just go play Pokemon with Double Team legal.

@Hitbox: What does playing a character for a length of time have to do with anything? If I recall correctly, when I first met you, you chaingrabbed my Pikachu because you "didn't want to lose to a Pikachu." I promptly beat you that same match.

I mean, you can chaingrab all you want, but don't say it's a necessity to your game just because you've been playing a long time :/

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
no its just etched in to my play style vs some other chars rayku. i dont want to be dqd because i started chaingrabbing without realizing it. thats all i mean

big lou whenever u read this... dude top 8 good man

Rayku

Smash Lord
You obviously have no tolerance for a tournament geared towards the casual player.
Is how I derived 4-for-all tournies from what you said. Have you ever played casuals with anonymous scrubs? That's normally what they're like.

And the Pokemon reference was because Pokemon is a random-*** game, which is what casual Brawl is like.

@hitbox: I don't really see how chaingrabbing is etched into your playstyle if you still mess it up

Lounis knows how disappointed in him I am for not being top 5 like he always claims

And for not winning the whole **** thing

I wish Reflex/Calvin did better, but oh well. Better luck in Columbus

Top Bottom