• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i play 64 too... i would love to win some money for once

<:
Win money with a ridiculous character like Ike on Wario Ware > Winning with Pika/Kirby/Falcon/Ness on Dreamland 64 and/or Hyrule Castle. <__<

/realtalk

I guess we could tally instead.

Brawl+

VietGeek - 1
Teh Albino - 1

Total: 2

Smash 64

Player 3 - 1
TheReflexWonder - 1
Tubes - 1

Total: 3

So yeah we're redoing this in case anyone suddenly wanted to jump the border change their mind for the side game.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Win money with a ridiculous character like Ike on Wario Ware > Winning with Pika/Kirby/Falcon/Ness on Dreamland 64 and/or Hyrule Castle. <__<

/realtalk

I guess we could tally instead.

Brawl+

VietGeek - 1
Teh Albino - 1

Total: 2

Smash 64

Player 3 - 1

Total: 1

So yeah we're redoing this in case anyone suddenly wanted to jump the border change their mind for the side game.
id play both of them... (B+ and 64)
btw
Falcon/Fox/DK on 64

awww yea

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
so its official, i can come to both tournies on this weekend and next weekend. i might not enter tho. there is a posiblilty.

ALSO: i have been talking to some people and we have been thinking about a new planking rule.. limited 70 edge grabs per round or was it set? it will speed up sets and all.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I believe it's 70 per match. In my experience rarely anyone gets close to that limit here. I saw Zombie plank some but it wasn't excessive.

But..

I heard dark stories of Desu's past as a malicious demon that stood by the edges to the underworld to drag unsuspecting victims down to hell. Desu would get stronger and stronger with each life he took. The demon's plan was flawless, his victims could not escape, for to escape they must win. And to win they had to defeat him, who stood by hell's gate...

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I believe it's 70 per match. In my experience rarely anyone gets close to that limit here. I saw Zombie plank some but it wasn't excessive.

But..

I heard dark stories of Desu's past as a malicious demon that stood by the edges to the underworld to drag unsuspecting victims down to hell. Desu would get stronger and stronger with each life he took. The demon's plan was flawless, his victims could not escape, for to escape they must win. And to win they had to defeat him, who stood by hell's gate...
lol, "Desu's dark past"! Yes, he used to edgecamp excessively- one of my early turnoffs to brawl.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I saw Zombie plank some but it wasn't excessive.
ROB has difficulty getting back on the ledge and a good ledge game :p but if I'm given space I usually get back on the stage... And I have no shame doing it in teams because they should really just go fight my teammate. It's not really a broken tactic there, nor is it stalling. But yeah, I doubt I even get close to 70 ledge grabs.

tubes

Smash Ace
isn't the Brawl tourney at final round on Saturday? I'll either be at Waba or final round on Saturday. Depends on which one is more likely to have melee friendlies and weather or not I feel like playing some Accent core. I got that game recently and I've decided it's the greatest button masher in all existence. I have it for wii though (lol soft modding) so using the PS2 D-Pad would be weird.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I have a friend who plays Melee and Brawl coming to Waba on Saturday. There's usually a Melee setup there, and I don't think Min would mind me setting up a second one. We should have a little "free tournament" off to the side during the Brawl tournament. Just to see where the Brawl players stand in skill level in Melee. I'm actually pretty curious to see.

If we could have a little "Free tournament" thingy, I'll bring my laptop and "organize" it all. It'll be fun

bigman40

Smash Master
If you push the time back to like 7 pm for brawl tourney (singles), I'll be able to make this. I won't arrive in GA until probably like 4-5 pm anyways.
Um.....maybe for this? ^^^ I wanna get there for at least singles, but I doubt that I'll be here that early on Sat.

@Rayku: I'd be down for that free tourney. Get me to get some rust off from not playing anything lately.

BTW: When I'm in town, can you guys give me some matchup experience? I'ma be heading to VGBC (the 2nd ECRC tourney) and I wanna be completely ready for it. I don't have my Wii, as it broke recently, so I'll most likely be at Waba for like everyday to get as much practice in as possible.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Hey Waba, I was wondering when is the exact date for the next Super Smash Bros. Brawl Monthly tournament? That is the day I want the qualifier for IC4 to be on as well. I know that the SFIV, Third Strike, and HD Remix is going to be on March 28th but when is the Brawl monthly going to be this month or was it suppose to be on the same day as the other games? Let me know because I want to make sure I have the trophies and badges on deck for everyone at both events (If they are on separate days).

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Hey Waba, I was wondering when is the exact date for the next Super Smash Bros. Brawl Monthly tournament? That is the day I want the qualifier for IC4 to be on as well. I know that the SFIV, Third Strike, and HD Remix is going to be on March 28th but when is the Brawl monthly going to be this month or was it suppose to be on the same day as the other games? Let me know because I want to make sure I have the trophies and badges on deck for everyone at both events (If they are on separate days).
Waba Brawl Monthly is on Saturday, March 21st, 2009. The one this week is a tournament requested by the Brawl community on Smash boards. Just a low budget tournament.:laugh:

Jason--Free Melee tournament for the Brawl community sounds fun. After the Brawl tournament, you (or I) can run the Melee Tournament. Yeah!:psycho:

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Um.....maybe for this? ^^^ I wanna get there for at least singles, but I doubt that I'll be here that early on Sat.

@Rayku: I'd be down for that free tourney. Get me to get some rust off from not playing anything lately.

BTW: When I'm in town, can you guys give me some matchup experience? I'ma be heading to VGBC (the 2nd ECRC tourney) and I wanna be completely ready for it. I don't have my Wii, as it broke recently, so I'll most likely be at Waba for like everyday to get as much practice in as possible.
Ide play some melee ( i suck so bad at it tho :( i get 3 stocked by vietg and he is said to "fail" at the game) i think it will be fun. but every time i go back into brawl i keep trying to wavedash >.>

When are you comming into town? ide love to get some matches with your beast dyno. Ill be at waba this sat and next sat

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm pretty decent at Melee, now that I use Doctor Mario.

Edgeguarding with N-Air is really fun.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
The Melee tournament sounds fun.
I would like to see how the Brawlers fare in Melee :)

I might be able to go this Saturday... if I have a ride. I live 5 minutes from both Rayku and Zom~B... anyone want to pick me up? I can go to Rayku's or Zom~B's house to get picked up with them to save you the trip to my house.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Oh really? Let me talk to Larry again, because if it requires me to bring a tv, I cant do that -_-

Chances are though, I wont be there at all. I seriously have NO money. If anything I may just go to my friends house and see if I can get a ride to Florida with him.

bigman40

Smash Master
Ide play some melee ( i suck so bad at it tho :( i get 3 stocked by vietg and he is said to "fail" at the game) i think it will be fun. but every time i go back into brawl i keep trying to wavedash >.>

When are you comming into town? ide love to get some matches with your beast dyno. Ill be at waba this sat and next sat
I'm coming into town on that Saturday. I'm gonna try to get to the tourney this weekend for at least singles (if I make it early enough, then I'll do dubs). Deo won't be with me though cause we're getting everything set for VGBC (trying to secure all of our rides so we have a safe trip there and back), but he'll be with me alot more during the summer to play.

My Fox, Mario, and Falco are all meh. I could play some of you guys to get them better seeing as how I still enjoy melee, but don't have anyone to play here.

Oh, and Dyno, I can play both easily cause I can easily remember the restrictions of each game. The main thing I forget is crouch canceling, which hurts me a few times :(

Rayku

Smash Lord
Who all is actually going to be at Waba on Saturday, for sure? Lounis, Umby, myself, ZOM~B, Dynomite, 4Leaf...who else?

Are we definitely going to see you on Saturday, Scatz?

Umby

Smash Master
*sigh* I don't get it. Why are wiimotes banned at most major GA tournies?:(

guess ill be at waba this weekend. >.>
Mostly major issues with people not taking the batteries out of their Wiimotes and screwing up people's matches due to the fact. Just happened at a recent Play N' Trade tournament I was at.

Rayku

Smash Lord
So you guys aren't going to FR? really!? O_o
Yeah, and we're probably going to get **** for it because we don't want to spend all the money and stuff. I don't have a TV I can bring to waive the door fee for FR, and I'd only enter the smash tournies anyway.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Sadly I can't, 30 dollar venue fee plus 10 dollar singles and 10 dollar dubs.... 50 dollars just to play one game doesn't work with me. Also if you are coming to the cheap tourney make sure to post cause I don't wanna drive to head to waba just to have like 6 people show up.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Are you really surprised?

Yeah, and we're probably going to get **** for it because we don't want to spend all the money and stuff.
Ironically, nobody probably will really get anything about it because as far as I can tell, if anybody mentions GA Brawl, they only know biglou and kismet anyway cause they're the only ones who put themselves out anywhere. People who know reflex "on the surface" might throw him in there because of the columbus/phenix city situation. Same with elev8. But beyond that, GA Brawl doesnt exist to anybody as far as people tell me.

And I actually do put up with quite a few brawl people since I play it online for this-that-and-the-other.

bigman40

Smash Master
paying 50 bucks ain't cool at all. Even VGBC costs lower than that (I'm spending a total of about 35 bucks, and that's paying w/o gas or food). People need to get the prices right before they hosts tourneys.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Yeah I can understand the pricey part. I just wanted to see more rep from smashers in both games especially when OOS smashers will be there. Eh, oh well.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Yeah I can understand the pricey part. I just wanted to see more rep from smashers in both games especially when OOS smashers will be there. Eh, oh well.
Well ill be going to gigs and whatnot with reflex/kismet and we can get some rep there hopefully :).

Top Bottom