• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Except everyone would need to install the Homebrew Channel lol.

I was thinking for Melee versus Brawl I'd rather do that than play Smash 64. Mostly because [if everyone has homebrew], we could use a standardized SD card (to prevent cheating hax), we'd have enough set-ups (since there's usually enough Brawl set-ups and if you have Brawl you basically have Brawl+.

Also Brawl+ is probably more likely to cater to both Brawl and Melee fans. It's fast, reasonable hitstun and most of the Brawl gayness has been toned down [read - MK has been nerfed a bit].

The pace is a hybrid of the two games themed for the tourney and it has the characters of Brawl that the Brawlers love, and the combo fun Meleers shun Brawl for. Not like SSB64 which probably only a handful of people have played and one hit = death if you're familiar with the game at all (not me and my lol Pikachu).

I'd like to see how feasible this is. It'd attract a lot of people, or more so over SSB64 I believe. Just throwing this out there.

What do you think Min and Desu?

Player-3

Smash Hero
Brawl+ tourney sounds ballin, would give me a chance to use falcon in a tourney
you could use him anyways..... ;D

I was thinking for Melee versus Brawl I'd rather do that than play Smash 64. Mostly because [if everyone has homebrew], we could use a standardized SD card (to prevent cheating hax), we'd have enough set-ups (since there's usually enough Brawl set-ups and if you have Brawl you basically have Brawl+.

Also Brawl+ is probably more likely to cater to both Brawl and Melee fans. It's fast, reasonable hitstun and most of the Brawl gayness has been toned down [read - MK has been nerfed a bit].

The pace is a hybrid of the two games themed for the tourney and it has the characters of Brawl that the Brawlers love, and the combo fun Meleers shun Brawl for. Not like SSB64 which probably only a handful of people have played and one hit = death if you're familiar with the game at all (not me and my lol Pikachu).

I'd like to see how feasible this is. It'd attract a lot of people, or more so over SSB64 I believe. Just throwing this out there.

64 is amazing, 0-deaths are so easy

BBQ°

Smash Champion

Brawl+ would be amazing.
DK all the way.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wen i next Waba???

Or when is the Waba in April. I'll be coming w/alot of NFL Melee and Brawl players(Unless it's on the 1t or 2nd weekend of April...)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Wen i next Waba???

Or when is the Waba in April. I'll be coming w/alot of NFL Melee and Brawl players(Unless it's on the 1t or 2nd weekend of April...)
its ok, we dont need mks and D3s here..
*first looks at desu*
*then beats desu with his own b button*

the monthly is on the 18th and there is a melee vs brawl thing going on durring April 4-5.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Min/waba people if theres enough interest can we hold a tourney this saturday? Its the day of final round and most people that are sane cant afford a 30 dollar venue fee, 10 dollar singles fee, and 10 doallrs dubs fee.50 doallrs for a tourney just not for me lol. I know some people said they would show, plus it could also make up for that bust tourney for northview.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm bringing a TV/Wii/Brawl so I don't have to pay the ridiculous $30 fee; you should, too.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I'm bringing a TV/Wii/Brawl so I don't have to pay the ridiculous $30 fee; you should, too.
I would, but im not gonna bring mywii cuz of something that happened last time I brought a system someplace, and I have no tv to bring.

(My 1st 360 was stolen at a lanfest when i was playing halo, and since then i never brought a system again.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I would, but im not gonna bring mywii cuz of something that happened last time I brought a system someplace, and I have no tv to bring.

(My 1st 360 was stolen at a lanfest when i was playing halo, and since then i never brought a system again.
That makes sense, but I would see about mentioning it in the thread, because it might be their policy to reimburse you for it if something happens.

's gonna be a lot of people, and a lot of money to take~

BigLøu

Smash Lord
That makes sense, but I would see about mentioning it in the thread, because it might be their policy to reimburse you for it if something happens.

's gonna be a lot of people, and a lot of money to take~
Thats what they said at the lan place about my 360. In any case its more that I think the venue fee is just rediculous, specially since id only plan to go for brawl. I gotta save my money for gigs anyways, which im looking more forward to then this tbqh. Reasonable prices ftw. Plus even if they were to reimburse me, thats a lot of saved **** i lose on my wii :(

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Min/waba people if theres enough interest can we hold a tourney this saturday? Its the day of final round and most people that are sane cant afford a 30 dollar venue fee, 10 dollar singles fee, and 10 doallrs dubs fee.50 doallrs for a tourney just not for me lol. I know some people said they would show, plus it could also make up for that bust tourney for northview.
ide show up for this.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking for Melee versus Brawl ... basically have Brawl+.

I think BRAWL+ tournament would be HOT! Melee vs Brawl : Brawl+ Crew Battle! HYPE!

*seconds motion of Saturday tournament*
ide show up for this.

The people have spoken, so Waba will answer...why the **** not?

"Brawl Tournament for Cheap Fuks!"
:laugh:

Standard Waba Monthly Rules apply.

Saturday 3/14/09...
Registration starts at 2pm.
Tournament Starts:
Teams: 3:00pm sharp!
Singles: 5:00pmish...lol

$5 door fee.
$5 pot fee for each tournament.
($15 covers all fees, door, teams, and singles.)

:lick:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
.....spams lol

take this to the social room guys.

that's what its for after all. keep waba tourney related in here though.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
its ok, we dont need mks and D3s here..
*first looks at desu*
*then beats desu with his own b button*

the monthly is on the 18th and there is a melee vs brawl thing going on durring April 4-5.
Lol

1.) I main :sonic: proudly

2.) No1 I'd B coming w/ mains MK or D3(That fat *** F'ing penguin)

3.) We'd all B scrubs @ Melee except for Rice, Drumma Boi, Ballistics and Green Mario

4.) Why is it called Melee vs. Brawl

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Lol

3.) We'd all B scrubs @ Melee except for Rice, Drumma Boi, Ballistics and Green Mario

because the top 10 meleers and top 10 brawlers will go head to head in a crew battle in smash 64 to decide who is better.. (it really makes sence, but sounds really fun)

when are u guys comming down here anyways? the monthly?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Apparently we're doing Brawl+ instead of 64 (I think we're going to do a general consensus vote or something)

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I think BRAWL+ tournament would be HOT! Melee vs Brawl : Brawl+ Crew Battle! HYPE!

The people have spoken, so Waba will answer...why the **** not?

"Brawl Tournament for Cheap Fuks!"
:laugh:

Standard Waba Monthly Rules apply.

Saturday 3/14/09...
Registration starts at 2pm.
Tournament Starts:
Teams: 3:00pm sharp!
Singles: 5:00pmish...lol

$5 door fee.
$5 pot fee for each tournament.
($15 covers all fees, door, teams, and singles.)

:lick:
Everyone come, I can give rides if needed. (assuming you don't live rediculously far away).

Rayku

Smash Lord
Lounis you would be my champion of champions if you could give me a ride LOL. I'm running low on dollars, and I've been filling my gas tank every 5 days

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Well you're giving my ride a ride... and I only live 5 minutes from him... so I'm going to shamelessly attempt to bum a ride as well. You know I didn't mean anything personal by trying to break my spot dodge whenever you're behind me habit...

bigman40

Smash Master
If you push the time back to like 7 pm for brawl tourney, I'll be able to make this. I won't arrive in GA until probably like 4-5 pm anyways.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Apparently we're doing Brawl+ instead of 64 (I think we're going to do a general consensus vote or something)
We really should do a general consensus vote. Is it possible for Min to set up a poll?

Also he should allow the results of who voted for what to be seen so someone doesn't multi-account the entire thing.

I know Reflex is probably digging for some Smash 64 lol. But BigLou wants to Brawl+ so he can use Falcon and Falcon Punch for edgeguards.

Smash 64 vs Brawl+

Get hype.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Lol

so you're coming with mk and d3 mains?
notable wise who?

Player-3

Smash Hero
We really should do a general consensus vote. Is it possible for Min to set up a poll?

Also he should allow the results of who voted for what to be seen so someone doesn't multi-account the entire thing.

I know Reflex is probably digging for some Smash 64 lol. But BigLou wants to Brawl+ so he can use Falcon and Falcon Punch for edgeguards.

Smash 64 vs Brawl+

Get hype.
i play 64 too... i would love to win some money for once

<:

Top Bottom