• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
In the sense of the numbers, you could say that.

But in the sense of people who travel and have the real knack and desire to get better. Hardly.

I mean seriously, you guys have problems getting across ATL for majors tourneys, let alone OoS for anything.

I'M BROKE D=.

Funny, i've driven more for melee than brawl.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I talked with Waba and we've decided to have the Impact Clash IV qualifier here at Waba instead of Computer Arena. So, this month's Brawl tournament will also be a qualifier for Impact Clash IV. Everything will still remain the same and the tournament will run the same as it normally does but also I'm going to throw in for the winner an Impact Clash Qualifier trophy, a high seed at the next Impact Clash IV tournament on March 28th, and your door fee will be waived.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Hey guys I talked with Waba and we've decided to have the Impact Clash IV qualifier here at Waba instead of Computer Arena. So, this month's Brawl tournament will also be a qualifier for Impact Clash IV. Everything will still remain the same and the tournament will run the same as it normally does but also I'm going to throw in for the winner an Impact Clash Qualifier trophy, a high seed at the next Impact Clash IV tournament on March 28th, and your door fee will be waived.
what place must we get at waba to qualify?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
what place must we get at waba to qualify?
I'm thinking top three. I'll have to talk with Waba's owner to see what he thinks would be best. Keep in mind winning the qualifier will give you a high seed which will mean you'll have an easier bracket than someone who is a lower seed. But regardless if you are good and you don't attend this qualifier you can still win the tournament at IC. This just makes it easier though that's all and let's you know where you stand. :)

As far as the door fee waiver and trophy that is a prize only for 1st place.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I'm thinking top three. I'll have to talk with Waba's owner to see what he thinks would be best. Keep in mind winning the qualifier will give you a high seed which will mean you'll have an easier bracket than someone who is a lower seed. But regardless if you are good and you don't attend this qualifier you can still win the tournament at IC. This just makes it easier though that's all and let's you know where you stand. :)

As far as the door fee waiver and trophy that is a prize only for 1st place.

since of parent johns, i might have to get top3 if i have a chance in convincing my parents to let me go.

Trophy, impact qualifying, money.. hyped but nervous

only first palce gets money from waba or impact?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
since of parent johns, i might have to get top3 if i have a chance in convincing my parents to let me go.

Trophy, impact qualifying, money.. hyped but nervous

only first palce gets money from waba or impact?
Everything remains the same as it always has been at past Waba monthlies. The pot split will still be 60/20/10 like it always has been at Waba and Impact Clash will always be a three way 1st, 2nd, 3rd pot split as well. The only thing that is only for first place is the trophy and door fee waiver, that's all.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
So apparently I'm getting decent at melee randomly playing it. So if anyone's ever in the Southern Polytechnic area... and wants to play some Brawl, melee, or even some 2d fighters(I can play some KOFs, TvC, etc) or something - hit me up. I'm always willing to learn a game too.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
So apparently I'm getting decent at melee randomly playing it. So if anyone's ever in the Southern Polytechnic area... and wants to play some Brawl, melee, or even some 2d fighters(I can play some KOFs, TvC, etc) or something - hit me up. I'm always willing to learn a game too.
Can you beat Rayku yet?

Waba

Smash Apprentice
So here's my question;

Melee monthlies.

Is it happening? Or do i get to save that money this month?
Last month was a great turnout for a Melee Monthly. Hopefully Melee peeps will represent again at this month's tournament. We would never abandon Melee peeps! Sunday, March 22nd at the Waba Tournament Center, Melee Teams and Singles. Last Melee tournament before 'Melee VS Brawl' on April 4th&5th.:p
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223445

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
lol they should host one cause apparently Dogy mains Ivan ooze >.>
Awwww yeah. **** lows *****. And dont try to grab me. It wont work. Ever. Even if I drop the sticks and walk away. I mean ****, dont even try to hit my ***, I get out of hitstun WHEN I ****ING WANT TO.

AT WILL *****, GET AT ME

Last month was a great turnout for a Melee Monthly. Hopefully Melee peeps will represent again at this month's tournament. We would never abandon Melee peeps! Sunday, March 22nd at the Waba Tournament Center, Melee Teams and Singles. Last Melee tournament before 'Melee VS Brawl' on April 4th&5th.:p
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223445
Hmm. 22nd. That's the day after HERB for melee, so I wonder how many people are going to be back (Hell, I actually wonder how many people are going to HERB for melee period.)

Looks like there needs to be a MELEE CONFERENCE, kinda like we did after IC3 and I got dubbed "The Standard for Acceptable Melee Performance", or some nonense like that.

tubes

Smash Ace
Awwww yeah. **** lows *****. And dont try to grab me. It wont work. Ever. Even if I drop the sticks and walk away. I mean ****, dont even try to hit my ***, I get out of hitstun WHEN I ****ING WANT TO.

AT WILL *****, GET AT ME

Hmm. 22nd. That's the day after HERB for melee, so I wonder how many people are going to be back (Hell, I actually wonder how many people are going to HERB for melee period.)

Looks like there needs to be a MELEE CONFERENCE, kinda like we did after IC3 and I got dubbed "The Standard for Acceptable Melee Performance", or some nonense like that.
I'll be there for the March monthly as I cannot go to herb (school johns and whatnot). I probably won't be able to stay long enough to justify entering though due to it being on Sunday AGAIN! If only the melee tournaments could be hosted on Saturdays on a different week then Brawl.

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
haha i officially 4 stocked some guy in a tournament he was marth but it didn't get recorded:( but i did get a match recorded in teams when me and pikachu main named festizzio 5 stocked one of socals better team video will be posted soon representin GA:estatic:

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Anyone gonna be at waba tomorrow? I might have the car, so if people are there I might try and go.
me and lou discussed going
im free on friday so ill go if enough people go
f3nix and billy will probably be there
and you and me
so i guess thats enough? and if lou doesnt go watch watchmen he'll come too

OldBoy=Min

Smash Rookie
Go see Watchmen at midnight tonight at the Regal 18 with all the Waba peeps...
We're going to close at 10:30, eat, then go to the 12:01 am showing!
Join Us There!!!

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Go see Watchmen at midnight tonight at the Regal 18 with all the Waba peeps...
We're going to close at 10:30, eat, then go to the 12:01 am showing!
Join Us There!!!
Min don't leave without me ;D. I was plannin on seeing that. Ill be at waba then at 10:30.

Top Bottom