• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Starting this April, Waba's monthlies pot split will change to 60/20/10/5/5. Let me know what you guys think about this change. :lick:
On paper, I dislike it, because that means less money for me.

However, this might mean that more people enter, so we'll see.

<3

BBQ°

Smash Champion
hey Viet, did octix send you the vids he got off his Dazzle?

i played two tourny matches where i did good against BBQ and some other guy...
that would be cool if they were up :3
Yeah... I would like to see those videos also. I really want to see what I did wrong, even though I know I was just poorly handling my nerves. P-3, next tournament we meet, I REALLY want rematches.
;)

Laijin

Smash Hero
April 18th would be the Brawl Monthly at Waba sir. We have tournaments planned in advance sir, please go to www.wabagame.com and check out Waba's event calender. Thank you.:lick:
Awesome. I might come to that.
Don't you guys normally host melee tournaments on sundays?
Cause April 12th sure is looking like an awesome date Min...
Edit: (Well..maybe not. you do have a lot going on that day.)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i think its perdy cool that they are doing 60/20/10/5/5.. now that its 5/5 i can actually look forward to something and not just play for "maybe if i win this match ill be 10th on the PR" which people dont even pay atention to anyways.
as much as i love u reflex. seeing u win is getting old :( i must do somethn bout it

GOOD IDEA WABA!

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
i think its perdy cool that they are doing 60/20/10/5/5.. now that its 5/5 i can actually look forward to something and not just play for "maybe if i win this match ill be 10th on the PR" which people dont even pay atention to anyways.
as much as i love u reflex. seeing u win is getting old :( i must do somethn bout it

GOOD IDEA WABA!
I think this is an excellent idea
lol @ Jewflex and his money
perhaps this will encourage some folks to like actually get better at brawlz

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I think this is an excellent idea
lol @ Jewflex and his money
perhaps this will encourage some folks to like actually get better at brawlz
Does this mean u are going to start comming to Waba monthlies? ill play melee :D

i wanted to play some melee last sat, but no open spots with people that wouldnt compleatly wape my butthole :(

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Does this mean u are going to start comming to Waba monthlies? ill play melee :D

i wanted to play some melee last sat, but no open spots with people that wouldnt compleatly wape my butthole :(
Well if they're good enough to **** you then they must be good enough to sandbag accordingly.

I've noticed that Melee players are pretty good at sandbagging. S0FT, FM...yeah. o_o

IDk if you left at this point but Zombie, AntiC, and I were playing some Melee by my set. S0FT joined but like I said...he's good at adjusting accordingly. ^_^

brawl sucks play melee
Brawl sucks play Brawl+.

I'll keep bringing Brawl+ and may just leave it as so after singles start going into Semis up to where I pack up and leave should people be interested in it (is this even a sentence?).

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Well if they're good enough to **** you then they must be good enough to sandbag accordingly.

I've noticed that Melee players are pretty good at sandbagging. S0FT, FM...yeah. o_o

IDk if you left at this point but Zombie, AntiC, and I were playing some Melee by my set. S0FT joined but like I said...he's good at adjusting accordingly. ^_^
i wana play alpha to learn the ways of somus.

T3h Albino

Smash Master

Brawl sucks play Brawl+.

I'll keep bringing Brawl+ and may just leave it as so after singles start going into Semis up to where I pack up and leave should people be interested in it (is this even a sentence?).
ill be up for some Melee-
tommorow or sunday ;3

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yeah... I would like to see those videos also. I really want to see what I did wrong, even though I know I was just poorly handling my nerves. P-3, next tournament we meet, I REALLY want rematches.
;)

Moral of the story kids:

If someone mains falcon, be prepared for "Imanoob" mindgames outside of the game

it works

Player-1

Smash Legend
ooooohhhh myyyyyy ggaawwwwdddd 5% money for meeeeeeeeeeeee
It's actually 2.5% because 2 people get 5%.

For some reason I have a feeling I'm going to stop getting top 5 starting in April because that's the kind of luck i normally get =(.

@Dyno: I got close last WABA >.> *goes to get Squirlte matchup experience*

Player-3

Smash Hero

Brawl sucks play Brawl+.

smash sucks play life

tubes

Smash Ace

The stronger your opponent is the faster you will improve.

ill be up for some Melee-
tommorow or sunday ;3
what about Saturday? if not then I'll go Sunday. I can stay longer on Sunday.
smash sucks play life
Smash is a way of life.

OldBoy=Min

Smash Rookie

For some reason I have a feeling I'm going to stop getting top 5 starting in April because that's the kind of luck i normally get =(.

I was waiting for someone to catch that. 5th place peeps may duke it out or just split the whole 5%! 2.5% and 2.5%...but I think they should play for it myself.:psycho:

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

isnt it.. 60/20/10/5 for fifth and 5 for fourth? what is this 2.5?

u got close last waba for what? i got kinda close too. :D

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah. I caught it while thinking about it at work. I do agree to the two 5-place people to duke it out for the 5%. Splits are laaame.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Moral of the story kids:

If someone mains falcon, be prepared for "Imanoob" mindgames outside of the game

it works
Oh wow. You're spot on. When we went into our matches, I fell for your "Imanoob" mind games. You did a good job with it. I've learned quite a bit from you. I'll try your strategies next Waba:

1) Play Melee with people in your bracket. Screw up short hops, abuse falcon kick no matter how many times you get punished, grab the opponent and don't follow up with anything. Choose DK against Marth ;)

2) Enter the losers' bracket as soon as possible. The sooner you get into losers, the more underestimated you'll be.

3) Choose low tier characters such as Sonic. You will confuse your opponent by not using a high tier in a tournament.

By this point, your opponent has underestimated you so much, that he will probably use a character that he enjoys rather than using a character that he is good with. Take advantage of this, and **** his face :)

Top Bottom