• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
wat
how in the hell is the ledge worse in Melee
Infinite ledgestalls are awesome, Alpha.

Even when they're not infinite, if I get killed by Ganon, he goes to the edge, and I feel like there's nothing I can do about it. The amount of invincibility you get from the ledge is astounding, and you do can move virtually instantly afterwards. In Brawl, you have to stay on the ledge for a fraction of a second, which severely lowers the amount of invincibility frames.

Also, edgeguarding is usually silly in Melee. Simply F-Smashing with Marth will do it a fair amount of time. That aside, when you do use your full repetoire, most of the time there is almost nothing the vulnerable character can do at all.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
recovering, alot harder to recover from ledge i would guess is what he meant.
In that sense yes it would be "worse", but that made Melee so good cause it gives some of the mid to lower tiers characters another tool to use when fighting some of the better chars in the game.

Umby

Smash Master
Umby - New controller is ballin'. Get some sleep before tourney time, though. >_>
Try to do that when you've been playing Persona 3, Tales of the Abyss, Soul Calibur 4, Mirror's Edge, and watching various friends play Street Fighter 4 and Left 4 Dead all week.

And you're staying in your friend's dorm room.

On a giant comfy chair.

That's occupied by other friends until 3 am in the morning.

._.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
In that sense yes it would be "worse", but that made Melee so good cause it gives some of the mid to lower tiers characters another tool to use when fighting some of the better chars in the game.
The same can be said when the high tiers fight low tiers...and the problem with that is, if the high tiers don't get knocked off the stage, that never comes into play. Falco has a bad recovery, but if he doesn't get knocked off the level, it doesn't matter.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Rayku and I have to decide between WABA or the Alpharetta p'n't tournament - are either having teams?

Shoutouts:

Dyno: Good ****. I don't think much more needs to be said than that. Other than shame on you for playing MK :p lol, but hey, it worked. I'm going to make Rayku learn a decent MK so I can be better prepared.

Desu: Captain Falcon > Gandondorf. Straight up counter. ... I don't think we've played our mains against eachother. Unless you count MK anyway. We need to sometime. Also I need to get better at fighting MK.

Reflex: I'm getting my dollar back from you next month. Assuming you take this MM challenge. I could understand if you'd be afraid though... :p

VietG: I want to play some Brawl+ just for kicks next time!

Antic: I'm always down for some bros whenever. Especially once WABA gets that SNK machine I'll be all over that. Unfortunately, ride johns.

Kismet: Good stuff in friendlies. Looking forward to it next month.

Elev8: I'm not losing to you 3 WABAs in a row. Watch your back. Swallowcide to even out a 150% advantage. Bah humbug. But good **** anyway. Kicked my game and watch's *** :)

Alby: We never played. I'll MM you next time we're in the same area?

Rayku: Love you man. But you know that. Your lucario is too good. Sweet set.

KingK: Surprised me with your toon link in crews! Very nice.

Everyone I met and played briefly in melee: It was good fun maybe next time I won't suck!
thanks and i do beleive i have improved
i kind of felt like i couldve played better at that tournament but having desu to teach me things about d3 will help me improve further =3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Infinite ledgestalls are awesome, Alpha.

Even when they're not infinite, if I get killed by Ganon, he goes to the edge, and I feel like there's nothing I can do about it. The amount of invincibility you get from the ledge is astounding, and you do can move virtually instantly afterwards. In Brawl, you have to stay on the ledge for a fraction of a second, which severely lowers the amount of invincibility frames.

Also, edgeguarding is usually silly in Melee. Simply F-Smashing with Marth will do it a fair amount of time. That aside, when you do use your full repetoire, most of the time there is almost nothing the vulnerable character can do at all.
so don't get knocked off the edge, or DI properly.

Or you can just knock Marth off the edge and then edgeguard him.

and you can do lots about ledgestalls

also planking is kind of looked down upon and no one really does it.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I have one slight complaint about Brawl Waba.

Why the **** were there only 7 teams entrants? I want more teams action to go on...I don't want to get knocked out of brackets in teams -by the same team twice-. Slightly ridiculous. 33 entrants for singles, 7 entrants for teams (14 people). that's -19 people- that did not enter both tournaments :[ /endrant

OldBoy=Min

Smash Rookie
Coming Soon...
Melee Vs Brawl (Return of the Smash64)
April 4th and 5th...

Link --
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6716542#post6716542
http://www.wabagame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35&p=83#p83

Help us Hype this guys!
This **** will be ****ing FUN,
Thanks for your support in advance!

And Don't Forget to HYPE : Wabapalooza! : the Festival of Gaming in May :
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222331
http://www.wabagame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63

We need YOUR help to make these Tournaments succeed...
HYPE these tournaments by posting on threads and talking to peeps...
Please PM me with concerns or suggestions.
Thanks for supporting the community.;)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
so don't get knocked off the edge, or DI properly.

Or you can just knock Marth off the edge and then edgeguard him.

and you can do lots about ledgestalls

also planking is kind of looked down upon and no one really does it.
"Don't get hit"? :(

I've always looked at approaching in Melee primarily as a guessing game. Maybe that's why I never got that good.

And I've fought against planking in Melee enough to be angry about it.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I have one slight complaint about Brawl Waba.

Why the **** were there only 7 teams entrants? I want more teams action to go on...I don't want to get knocked out of brackets in teams -by the same team twice-. Slightly ridiculous. 33 entrants for singles, 7 entrants for teams (14 people). that's -19 people- that did not enter both tournaments :[ /endrant
THIS
10char

OldBoy=Min

Smash Rookie
Northview High School
and
Waba Game
Presents:

Northview BRAWL Tournament
When: Sunday, March 1st, 2009
Registration starts 2pm.

Where: Waba's Tournament Center

Rules are the same as Waba's Brawl Monthlies.

$5 door fee for the whole day.
Teams Tournament($20 per team pot fee)
Singles Tournament($10 pot fee)

*Portions of pot fee $ goes to Northview High School.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I don't like teams sadface
u seriously should do it. it takes alot of skill and its MUCH more fun than singles tbh. u winning with some person that u know well and play with alot.. that feeling that u get when u win and knowing that you did it together (no homo for u people looking for homo poeple >.>)

Player-3

Smash Hero
u seriously should do it. it takes alot of skill and its MUCH more fun than singles tbh. u winning with some person that u know well and play with alot.. that feeling that u get when u win and knowing that you did it together (no homo for u people looking for homo poeple >.>)
Like me....
he doesnt want to double with me even though i said i wouldnt use Falcon
it made me sadface

Player-1

Smash Legend
some people are str8 up play to win.
I just didn't have any fun playing doubles my first WABA, and I need to save my money because we have a lot of upcoming tournaments:

Play N trade this weekend
Northview Next weekend
March WABA
Brawl Vs Melee WABA April
April WABA
IC4 April 24th
May WABA or WABA Palooza if it replaces it.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
"Don't get hit"? :(

I've always looked at approaching in Melee primarily as a guessing game. Maybe that's why I never got that good.

And I've fought against planking in Melee enough to be angry about it.
who planks in Melee ?
I mean people do stall long enough for your Invisibility frames to wear out but that's about it.
but i have not seen anyone straight up do it the same way i seen in brawl *teh spammer LAWLZ*
>.>

Player-3

Smash Hero
I just didn't have any fun playing doubles my first WABA, and I need to save my money because we have a lot of upcoming tournaments:

Play N trade this weekend
Northview Next weekend
March WABA
Brawl Vs Melee WABA April
April WABA
IC4 April 24th
May WABA or WABA Palooza if it replaces it.
thats because hichez sucked back then

i said i would pay for you
>____>

VietGeek

Smash Hero
P 1, I'm still amazed as to how you can be so loose on a ****ing $20. That **** is like gold to a little boy like me. <_<

Player-1

Smash Legend
P 1, I'm still amazed as to how you can be so loose on a ****ing $20. That **** is like gold to a little boy like me. <_<
Because I save up on...like...ALL of my money I get and hardly spend any, plus it's not like I'm going to ask everyone that was at the tournament if they happened to find $20 and then go on about it forever, if someone picked it up then hopefully they saw my post and would give it back, but not too many people are like that and would probably keep it (I probably would TBH).

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Because I save up on...like...ALL of my money I get and hardly spend any, plus it's not like I'm going to ask everyone that was at the tournament if they happened to find $20 and then go on about it forever, if someone picked it up then hopefully they saw my post and would give it back, but not too many people are like that and would probably keep it (I probably would TBH).
YOU **** >:O
lol jk

Top Bottom