• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Saltix

Smash Lord
Wtf. Playing maplestory, my mom asked me what I was doing. I jokingly told her "homework" (because she doesn't like me playing games period)

she flipped her **** and bugged out on me, and apparently I'm not allowed to go to anymore tournaments until school lets out because I decided to go to Waba instead of homework. We'll see how this works out. I had better not miss IC4 or I'm breaking my wii.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Wtf. Playing maplestory, my mom asked me what I was doing. I jokingly told her "homework" (because she doesn't like me playing games period)

she flipped her **** and bugged out on me, and apparently I'm not allowed to go to anymore tournaments until school lets out because I decided to go to Waba instead of homework. We'll see how this works out. I had better not miss IC4 or I'm breaking my wii.
didnt she say u can go?

dont feel so bad, i was playing smash with antic one time at northview and i decided to stay till 7 o'clock and my mom started yelling at me on the phone and at home and said im not alloud to go to anything gaming related ever again.. i made up for it tho

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Sorry for sucking so much this weekend. I have no legitimate johns for that one. Guess it just wasn't my day.

@BigLou - Thanks for the ride, as usual. Send my regards to your sister. Great job at the tournament.

@Desu - I hope we play in brackets more. It seems our matches are way more different when that happens.

@VietG - Stop jumping so high with Toon Link. I can't take advantage of you when you do. Your Wolf needs more ground game IMO.

@T3h Albino - I was irritated at my performance all day. I tend to chill when that happens, otherwise, I end up saying things to people that I shouldn't have said.

@KingK - I'm realizing this is the first time I've actually played you. Good games.

@AntiC - Springboard is great when you run into it.

@Dyno - Honestly, I'm actually somewhat irritated at that loss, but out of respect, I'll have to say good games.

@Anyone I sandbagged except VietG - Sorry if doing that offended you, it's just how I warm up. Also helps me not play overly aggressive all day.
i sb'd hard in friendlies
it was shamefull :/

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Umby you sure were playing a lot of marth yesterday. Im kinda sad I didn't get to play your sonic. I never played a good one offline.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Umby's Marth is god awful bad. It's just him that's a good player. <_<

Unfortunately Brawl's best Marth is also the one that prefers to **** spacies all day in Melee.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Azen?
Neo?
I meant in Georgia, meaning Full Metal.

But he finds this game too lame and boring, although he was the best Marth rep in GA. I don't really blame him, but it's sad to see him not rep the man with the tiara in Barlw.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I meant in Georgia, meaning Full Metal.

But he finds this game too lame and boring, although he was the best Marth rep in GA. I don't really blame him, but it's sad to see him not rep the man with the tiara in Barlw.
ILL DO IT.
I'll be GA's best Metaknight... i mean marth player :)

Umby

Smash Master
Umby you sure were playing a lot of marth yesterday. Im kinda sad I didn't get to play your sonic. I never played a good one offline.
Sonic's the only character I'm even decent at, so I was trying to see if I could improve my alts. I'm probably just going to stop playing Marth altogether, though, because:

Umby's Marth is god awful bad.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Yeah umby it could use some improving. Plus I only use lucario in tounies unless im playing fox where I chosse pikachu because its so much easier. And pikachu is my secondary.

Be like biglou he doens't belive in secondaries.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Since it looks like I'll be out of the smash scene for quite a while now, I'll add another character to my repertoire.

I've always wanted to play this little guy since Brawl's release. Thats the only hint you'll get from me ;)

So eventually, I'll be:
MK
Lucario
Diddy
????

To the top placers, the ones that know me especially: Do you think I'd do better in tourneys if I simply focused on one character instead of the many I play now?

bigman40

Smash Master
Since it looks like I'll be out of the smash scene for quite a while now, I'll add another character to my repertoire.

I've always wanted to play this little guy since Brawl's release. Thats the only hint you'll get from me ;)

So eventually, I'll be:
MK
Lucario
Diddy
????

To the top placers, the ones that know me especially: Do you think I'd do better in tourneys if I simply focused on one character instead of the many I play now?
Focus on one character instead of learning soo many. If you need to have a secondary to back up the disadvantages of your main, then learn one that compliments your main.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

So eventually, I'll be:
MK
Lucario
Diddy
????

It's all about experience. No player is the same; it may benefit you to have more characters...some people don't learn that way, however. It depends on how much time you're willing to devote to all of your characters; you can't expect to learn the basics of a character and suddenly start doing significantly better. It may well help your game if you're willing to put a fair amount of time into learning the matchups and what you can do with them

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Rayku and I have to decide between WABA or the Alpharetta p'n't tournament - are either having teams?

Shoutouts:

Dyno: Good ****. I don't think much more needs to be said than that. Other than shame on you for playing MK :p lol, but hey, it worked. I'm going to make Rayku learn a decent MK so I can be better prepared.

Desu: Captain Falcon > Gandondorf. Straight up counter. ... I don't think we've played our mains against eachother. Unless you count MK anyway. We need to sometime. Also I need to get better at fighting MK.

Reflex: I'm getting my dollar back from you next month. Assuming you take this MM challenge. I could understand if you'd be afraid though... :p

VietG: I want to play some Brawl+ just for kicks next time!

Antic: I'm always down for some bros whenever. Especially once WABA gets that SNK machine I'll be all over that. Unfortunately, ride johns.

Kismet: Good stuff in friendlies. Looking forward to it next month.

Elev8: I'm not losing to you 3 WABAs in a row. Watch your back. Swallowcide to even out a 150% advantage. Bah humbug. But good **** anyway. Kicked my game and watch's *** :)

Alby: We never played. I'll MM you next time we're in the same area?

Rayku: Love you man. But you know that. Your lucario is too good. Sweet set.

KingK: Surprised me with your toon link in crews! Very nice.

Everyone I met and played briefly in melee: It was good fun maybe next time I won't suck!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Speaking of which, any major comments on my gameplay? I thought the match went rather well overall... good stuff. For all I know you could've been sandbagging though. (Or maybe I was sandbagging - ;) )
There's no reason to sandbag in a money match...and I don't really sandbag to begin with. I might be greedy, but I won't mess around.

As for comments, I don't really pay attention to play to give advice unless I'm explicitly asked to. I have a short attention span, is all...if you'd like, I can do so next time, however.

(While this is only partly related...) Also, I hate fighting Diddy Kong and ROB. It's not that they're particularly difficult matchups, but they're particularly BORING matchups...if I really wanted to win at all costs, I'd just jump around for eight minutes, but I'd rather have some sort of enjoyment while playing a video game if I can help it.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
There's no reason to sandbag in a money match...and I don't really sandbag to begin with. I might be greedy, but I won't mess around.
Lol. I didn't think you were. Sorry if it offended you.

As for comments, I don't really pay attention to play to give advice unless I'm explicitly asked to. I have a short attention span, is all...if you'd like, I can do so next time, however.

(While this is only partly related...) Also, I hate fighting Diddy Kong and ROB. It's not that they're particularly difficult matchups, but they're particularly BORING matchups...if I really wanted to win at all costs, I'd just jump around for eight minutes, but I'd rather have some sort of enjoyment while playing a video game if I can help it.
I'd appreciate it if you did. But I'm not going to make you if you don't want to. I'm just doing my best to get better is all.

And yeah... ROB vs PT my best options are almost always camp or poke :\ except sometimes against Ivysaur when I should be gimping him. (Which I don't think I ever managed)

And psh, video games aren't meant to be fun. Maybe you should try something else for that. ;) lol kidding.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Heh. Reflex, I fight ROB all the time, so I can agree 10x. It's boring to play. Against Diddy Kong, I have like...no experience, but it seems like it would be an exhilerating match for me. I hate fighting Wario, I found out yesterday, so I suppose that could be my "excuse" or something.

I can shout out, I suppose:

ZOM~B: Good stuff in doubles. Had fun, as always, playing smash with you

Dynomite: We're 1-0 right now. We'll get this MM finished. Good Wario.

BigLou: We'll see how you perform the next time you and I play in brackets.

Kismet: Good stuff, as always.

Desu: Always fun playing Brawl with you when no one else wants to see that game anywhere in their sight

VietG: We never got to friendly. Oh well.

Albino: You've gotten a lot better since the last time I saw you play. Still room for improvement, but I was impressed

Antic: Stop. Killing. Yourself. I'm going to ****ing punch you

KingK: Pretty solid Toon Link. I was surprised we drafted a good player randomly.

Octix: Don't question your best character, ever. You'll lose because you don't have confidence in yourself.

Reflex: As always, good stuff. Wish I got to play you, however. Next time.

Mike G: Dude. Please start playing Brawl again. I look forward to you doing your worst!

The Melee Players (PB&J, XIF, MarsFool, Merc...the last person escapes me...): Good crew battle guys. If Brawl's such an easy game to master, you should get really good and destroy us all. I guess you do have to have fun to want to get better, and that's probably what keeps everyone from the game in the first place. To each His Own.

Aspiring Lucario player: I'll help you out with anything you need to know. You don't even have a smashboards, though, so that might be difficult. Keep playing!

I probably forgot a lot of people, and I'm sorry for that. IM me if you want to talk, seriously, anytime. I had a great time at the Brawl tournament especially. Melee tournament, for me, was another freeze-up shy moment because I never ask people to play matches with me. That's just a character flaw of my own, though.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
SHOUT OUTS - I ****ING HATE BIRD FEET.

Kismet - Falco is stupid. You're out of your mind jumping off the stage to spike MK. You have superballs.
Reflex - Plays ****ing Pokemon Trainer. And *****. You make me both very happy, and very sad.
BigLou - GATS. Too pro. Luigi cheats. You need to come to Waba more.
Player1 - Bananas are ****ing stupid adjaskdbjugahb
Umby - New controller is ballin'. Get some sleep before tourney time, though. >_>
Rayku - Your Lucario scares me. Glad I didn't have to play you in brackets. ._.;;
ZomB - I used 90% MK at this tournament in singles, so I guess he's officially my main now.

Everyone else: You know I love ya, but I've been playing Melee Bros all day/night, and it's like 6am now so I'm gonna go pass out. <3

Top Bottom