• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

VietGeek

Smash Hero
sleepyk can you gauge the hype for melee hitbox modding in a phrase/sentence or two or seventeen?

because it would be most amusing

to do stuff

and pretend ur doing a public service

obv :012:

Purple

Hi guys!
Someone -please- get me a ride to micaelis' house; I miss you guys :(. Who is going? I needs and rides, my parents are more than likely okay with it. Come on guysssss

--------

I loled. XD
I'm surprised Alby even brought it up

sorry my parents have a hard time trusting people i meet over the internet to travel the country to play a video game which cost hundreds of dollars not to mention our economy sucks especially when I need to be saving for other things like a car and college.
I agree with Alby, you probably ****ed up, also you're not spending 100's of dollars per tournament dood. At Herb 3 I only spent about 75 dollars tops, and that's including me eating like a rabid pig.

plus they watch fox news all the time. All I ever see on that is how some kid got molested because of faceook/myspace....
Okay player-1, has anyone in the smash community to your knowledge ever been ***** during a smash event? No they haven't. Fox news and other stations make their bank on bad news, people only -really- want to watch bad news. Your parents aren't going to turn on the tv and see that pound 4 was a complete success -____-, they are going to see people die or get kidnapped.

edit: our top 4 are the only people that could compete on a national level, I don't think anyone else in GA can compete at a nation level (cept p3's falcon) and place well at a national tournament. Scatt for most underrated player in atlantic south, no?
I don't think this is the case, I think we exposure our community can do well in high / national level. We just need that exposure to build up.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If Jamaal is going to be at Michael's, could Lounis give me a ride? I would absolutely love to come...

bigman40

Smash Master
Someone -please- get me a ride to micaelis' house; I miss you guys :(. Who is going? I needs and rides, my parents are more than likely okay with it. Come on guysssss
If scatz or anyone can give me a ride ill go
1 more open spot in my car. Make sure you have your gas money or I'm leaving you halfway towards both places (your house and michael's place).

Purple

Hi guys!
So here's the thing, i have 261 dollars, however it's on this weird college refund card, i'm not sure if you can use it for gas, however if I can, then i have the money no doubt.

Rayku

Smash Lord
****. ****. It. I have some family in town tomorrow and I have to go to a dinner with them in the evening. No Smashfest for me...

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
My Smashfests only end when people leave. And tomorrow's begin whenever. Please give me a heads up on how many people to prepare for though. It sounds like ~6? Just shoot me a text.

Usually they go until 12-3 AM at least though. Hopefully this time it will too. And you guys will show up earlier than 5 or whatever. I want to play all day...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I agree with Alby, you probably ****ed up
Thing is, he lives with his parents, he's not legally an adult yet (I think, IDK), and so he follows their rules and jurisdiction regardless of how inane they may or may not seem, and how flawlessly logical and undeniably reasonable his (or anyone in the same situation) arguments may be. Their roof, their rules basically. No one really cares for compromise and you're even less likely to get a compromise if one of the parties lacks the interest and is knowingly more powerful/influential. This [obv :012:] applies to a lot of relationships beyond familial (Confucius says).

Look a wild Spheal appeared!

[collapse=lolSpheal]Sometimes life is such an Asian hoe. I remembered my Impact Clash II experience. My gaming hobby did not interfered with my numerical scales of success and I never had any issues going to tournaments full of strangers before.

I had the money to go and I had a ride with "complete strangers" (Eddie/Bananas and Lord Axl). I was able to attend this "outrageously faraway tournament" (Atlanta Congress Center rofl). Thing is was the event was suppose to end by 11:00 PM or whatever, so they told me it'd be alright if I was home by midnight at the worst. Sure thing, why not? What's the worst that could happen? Oh yeah, all was going well except that the tournament - if any of you remembered what happened - was massively delayed, pushing back all the later events into being forcibly canceled when the building's security kicked everyone out. Eddie was playing a MvC2 match when they were kicked out and the top 3 decided between themselves the results.

Anyway most peeps didn't leave the venue until 12-1-ish and the trip back to my home was an hour or so away from Atlanta. Basically I got home later than that and they were worried sick (oh how touching). Oh and yeah, I did call them several times telling them I wouldn't make it home on time due to delays and that I missed the last MARTA train so I couldn't leave earlier. Due to a freak incident outside of a lot of people's control (including the TOs themselves), I can't even go an hour's trip away for a tournament. Lovely.

Now mind you I did screw a bit by not being a white Republican male (probably because my parents aren't white) and deciding to go to the tournament anyway, but sometimes it seems out of your control.
[/collapse]

Whatever anyone's johns are though: johns are still johns because johns are just excuses. Excuses - justifiable or not - are still just that. Just accept that and how ******** the terminology is and you'll be a much happier Smasher.

Anyway most of us will soon be riding Rice Cars to wherever so parents johns will be irrelevant as Rice Cars were proudly built and manufactured in Canada for maximum safety. :012:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I agree with Alby, you probably ****ed up, also you're not spending 100's of dollars per tournament dood. At Herb 3 I only spent about 75 dollars tops, and that's including me eating like a rabid pig. First off, Lounis said that, and how would you know why my parents don't let me go OoS? I already told the reasons why, I won't restate them, you can go back and look, and I'm talking about big national tournaments that cost 100's of dollars like Genesis, Pound 4, Apex 1/2

Okay player-1, has anyone in the smash community to your knowledge ever been ***** during a smash event? No they haven't. Fox news and other stations make their bank on bad news, people only -really- want to watch bad news. Your parents aren't going to turn on the tv and see that pound 4 was a complete success -____-, they are going to see people die or get kidnapped. Read the first quote below, that answers the first part. No **** on the fox news part, that's what I was saying in my post, fox news is terrible, but my parents watch it so all they get is the bad part of the news.

I don't think this is the case, I think we exposure our community can do well in high / national level. We just need that exposure to build upthis part didn't even make sense.....
yeah, bu they don't GET that smash is a community.

and no, they're just over protective when it comes to people over the internet.
read above

Player-1

Smash Legend
**** spongebob is maaaaaaaaaaaaad salty

Reg: Wow! You destroyed that guy without even touchin’ him. (Patrick is still fighting in the background)

SpongeBob: I did?

Reg: I never thought I’d say this, but go ahead in.

SpongeBob: Really? I can go in? Oh, my gosh, I never thought this moment would come! I, SpongeBob SquarePants, am tough enough to get into the Salty Spittoon! This is the happiest day of my life! (walks in. Scene cuts to an ambulance driving down the street with SpongeBob in bandages and Sandy by his side) Sandy? (groans) What happened?

Sandy: You ran inside and slipped on an ice cube. (ambulance arrives at the hospital. Scene cuts to Sandy wheeling SpongeBob in front of the doctor)

Doctor: What happened?

SpongeBob: I slipped on an ice cube and got covered in boo-boos!

Doctor: Boo-boos, eh? Hmmm...I think you guys want that hospital. (points across the street to another hospital)

SpongeBob: Weenie Hut General!

Top Bottom