• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Purple

Hi guys!
I read the responses on ratemyprofessors.com, I give the fact that he was really bad to BBQ. Well, lesson learned, use ratemyprofessors and take quality time choosing your teachers to prevent yourself from getting bad grades.

By the way BBQ, what advice did sleepyK give you? Not going to lie, his advice is extremely solid :ohwell:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
slehpykay said:
actually bbq is taking a break from melee because he hit a plateau and he doesn't understand how to get better anymore because he doesn't listen to me.
the only person who ever solidly listened to my advice is trahhh, and he lives in nevada.
hmmm. The last smashfest I went to, I was playing Melee and was not enjoying it because I was bored. The day after that, I decided I would take a break from Melee. A few days later, I thought maybe I was bored with Melee because I reached a plateau. so maybe, idk.
I don't know why you're saying I don't listen to you. I really listen to your advice and try to implement them into my game... I understand how knowledgeable you are and how true your advice is. The hard part is putting your advice to use, since I have to break old habits, etc. Also, the last time I asked you for advice, you said you would give me a "****-by-****" the next time we would play, but you never did.

raykuuuu said:
@BBQ: Lounis passed the class, but I can see how he would be a bad teacher. Reminds me of Mr. Roth a bit LOL
yeah, i think Lounis passed because he had 3 points higher than me, or he gave a better sob story than me on that final exam question. Or maybe Dr. Nmah realized that lounis is part of the top 5 and had to give him a passing grade.

TOASTYYY said:
wow get ***** BBQ

I hope I'm related to him

sounds like a cool d00d ^_^
lollllll **** you toasty <3
he's from haiti. also, you don't want to be related to him. He is the opposite of cool. he's part of a group called the "anti-top 5", and their only reason for existence is to kill the "top 5", and the top 5 has many lovable beings including: smitty werbenjagermanjensen, judge judy, lounis, the entity of mario party 4, and one more that has yet to be discovered. I hope you don't want the top 5 to die :(

jamaal said:
Well, lesson learned, use ratemyprofessors and take quality time choosing your teachers to prevent yourself from getting bad grades.
the sad part is, I checked rmp before lounis and I signed up for the class. I was like, "hey lounis, this guy seems horrible, we should avoid him." Lounis was like "nah, we got this."
I trusted him. FFFFFFFF

jamaal said:
By the way BBQ, what advice did sleepyK give you? Not going to lie, his advice is extremely solid
I don't know why sleepyk said I don't listen to his advice :(

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
maybe toasty is secretly anti top 5 omg

and you don't. i gave you good advice a lot of the time, but whenever i played you, you did the same things and fell for the same things.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
that's why I said this "The hard part is putting your advice to use, since I have to break old habits, etc."

I listen to your advice but melee is hard game and im noob. slehpykay, your advice is too good to ignore <3

also toasty is too cool to be anti-top 5.

SleepyK

idk if you weren't breaking habits and all of that, you probably easily would be able to get bored because you'd lose to the same people all the time. plus, you only played with your spsu group and didn't travel very often.

Purple

Hi guys!
BBQ, it's not going to come to you immediately, you have to think hardcore about each thing you do, like, HARD to not do your habit. To the point it hurts you when yuo keep doing it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
idk if you weren't breaking habits and all of that, you probably easily would be able to get bored because you'd lose to the same people all the time. plus, you only played with your spsu group and didn't travel very often.
I think you are the only person I was really losing to all the time. I still lose to everyone on the melee PR but I've nearly caught up to players like lounis, dan, and rayku, and I can take games off soft and sometimes fullmetal. I don't play with Dogy, XIF, or chaddd enough, but I would say you and those 3 are still a level above me. I haven't played with Merc, Cornel, or Eugenio since last semester but I know they're overall better than I am.

Point is, I don't feel like I lose to the same people all the time. For the most part it's true, but I do better against everyone in GA every time, so I don't feel discouraged and I don't really feel like I've reached a plateau (I think I've just been stagnating recently more than anything). I think I was just mostly getting bored because I kept playing the same people.

By the way, that one night when I was texting you, I asked what I needed to do to get better, but you never responded. I think my phone never sent out the text cuz it's dinosaur phone.

Purple

Hi guys!
For the most part it's true.

That's enough to say, you should be able to find things you can try to punish or do differently against SleepyK. Even if you can't particularly beat him, because the guy is **** good like you said, I would think the matches could get closer and you get better reads..

BBQ°

Smash Champion
The matches do get slightly closer. Like, I was able to beat him a few times when he was practicing aggro-Falco against me, but anytime he plays seriously he will usually 3 stock me. I try my best to get better reads, but sleepy adapts a lot faster and then covers all of my options by predicting to most of them and then reacting to the others. But you're right, there's still a lot I need to learn because he can beat me with low tiers.

Purple

Hi guys!
You got this BBQ, instead of arguing with SleepyK, just prove him wrong. Maybe the idea of a challenge will increase your drive :)

SleepyK

how 2 b sux like bbq
step 1)
lose to my bottom tiers
step 2) think friendlies are a good way to gauge skil

not going to tournaments is also a big deal. you don't taste the competitive aspect of the game.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Thanks Jamaal. Hopefully I'll get the drive to play again soon.

sleepyk, I only "gauged skill" from friendlies when I said I took matches off your aggro-falco, and in that case, it was ok because of what Jamaal was talking about. Everything else I said is true based from tourney matches and money matches.

also this, again:
By the way, that one night when I was texting you, I asked what I needed to do to get better, but you never responded. I think my phone never sent out the text cuz it's dinosaur phone.

Purple

Hi guys!
Hey Mike, I know you don't play Brawl, But could I practice against your Marth for a bit with Peach? If it helps I'll put a dollar on it next time I see you..

Rayku

Smash Lord
My $5 money match to the entire top 10 of GA PR still stands firm, who
isn't a little *****?
wants to go?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
how 2 b sux like bbq
step 1)
lose to my bottom tiers
step 2) think friendlies are a good way to gauge skil

not going to tournaments is also a big deal. you don't taste the competitive aspect of the game.
according to this i'm as good if not better than bbq at sucking

get ***** bbq :048:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDMelty BloodDDDDDD
:012::012::012::012::012::012::012::012::012::012::012::012::012::012:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: We've been over this like ten times.

It's okay. I forgive you. We should play and chat at Combo Breaker or something.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i want mod for wario boards.. that phantomx guy..

shiri you gotta give a fellow yoshi fan mod powers

no i dont want mod powers..yet..yes yoshi is legit

Player-3

Smash Hero
i want mod powers for the falcon baords.....

just so i can make it even less organized than it is

but i'll infract them.

occasionaly.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: The number one rule of moderation is to infract mercilessly and all the time.

Of course, I was gonna say, "Like this," and infract the guy above me, but that would have been pretty mean.

Anyway, I understand that WaBa threads have a habit of getting off-topic, so I will end by saying

"Combo Breaker should be fun."

SleepyK

Thanks Jamaal. Hopefully I'll get the drive to play again soon.

sleepyk, I only "gauged skill" from friendlies when I said I took matches off your aggro-falco, and in that case, it was ok because of what Jamaal was talking about. Everything else I said is true based from tourney matches and money matches.

also this, again:
1) lol noob
2) go to tournaments. big ones.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
**** you guys and your wifi

taking my money and **** at tournament because you get to practice.

****ing johns and ****

**** you guys..

Top Bottom