• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Purple

Hi guys!
I want to host a smashfest not this week, but next week, Who out of the high schoolers (who are now out of school iirc) would like to come? It can be on friday, saturday, or sunday. I will figure out a location for free, but it will be in a separate thread.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I want to host a smashfest not this week, but next week, Who out of the high schoolers (who are now out of school iirc) would like to come? It can be on friday, saturday, or sunday. I will figure out a location for free, but it will be in a separate thread.
I'd be in for it. Hells yeah.

ALSO: I need a training partner. Someone I can smash with from time to time individually. If you play other fighters as well, that would be fine, as I have those too. I just need to play someone consistently, as lack of practice from a broken Wii is leaving me terribad.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Rayku can you make me a GC controller that doesn't break. I have gone through 4 GC contronllers. Im tired of these garbage things.

Rayku

Smash Lord
wtf dude I had my first controller for 6 years until my dog chewed through the cord. Lounis had his for 8

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
controller1: the analog stick got all wobbly, and doesn't input directions consistently
controller2: buttons randomly sticky(off brand)
controller 3 Cstick randomly stopped working
controller 4 analog stick keeps drifting(I tried recalibrating)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
rayku it's because hichez plays barlw and does the reflex wrong on grab releases and ftilt does dash cancel dashdance inkdrop cancels reverse beats false roman cancels SHDL garble snorecurselax yandere kill swipe eat munch georgia tech is good rofl obv :012:

obv :012:

hichez just stop playing barlw its just soooooooooooo technical

or buy a triwing screwdriver and just get all your working parts onto one controller

Rayku

Smash Lord
why does VietG try to communicate with GA anymore? I can never read anything he says, and something tells me no one else can either

Rayku

Smash Lord
I suck **** with her in Melee, Brawl, and Brawl+. I still bet I have a better Peach than you LOL

Hey look who's back from his break

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i have a feeling it was a forced break due to his poor performance in school...

seriously man, priorities.
my grades weren't that bad. Yeah, I lost hope scholarship, but it happens to a lot of people. And sure, I got a D in math, but there wasn't much I could do about that because of the professor.

and wtf? I wasn't taking a break from smashboards lol. I'm still taking a break from melee because I just don't feel like playing it.

Purple

Hi guys!
Oh, wtf.

Smashboards =/= playing melee.

Btw BBQ, I'd rather not blame it on the professor. Because I'm sure you did things that prevented you from studying or doing your schoolwork.

Even with dumb professors I managed a b in all my classes (you can always ask other teachers or students for advice)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
why does VietG try to communicate with GA anymore? I can never read anything he says, and something tells me no one else can either
srry i'm an illiterate high schooler how does i follow sfw codes of conduct? :012:

btw i played scrubblue today and i liked it

it was quite cool and refreshing

rice car

wtf...d's still exist?
bibby kong players

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Oh, wtf.

Smashboards =/= playing melee.

Btw BBQ, I'd rather not blame it on the professor. Because I'm sure you did things that prevented you from studying or doing your schoolwork.

Even with dumb professors I managed a b in all my classes (you can always ask other teachers or students for advice)
lol, you don't understand. Normally if I get a bad grade, I try to hide the fact that I didn't try as hard as I could have by blaming the professor. This time, it was legitimately the professor's fault.

http://ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1195027

It was so bad, that on the final exam, the last question was "explain why you feel you deserve to pass this course." If a professor has that on his exam, you know they ****ed up.

And player-1, in college, D's do exist. You get a D if you make a 60-69%

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
wtf...d's still exist?
Generally speaking, they may as well be F's.

However, depending on the importance of the class for your major (for example, a specific history class of mine wasn't considered that important), a D can still count as a passing grade, but 99% of the time, a D is a failing grade.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
actually bbq is taking a break from melee because he hit a plateau and he doesn't understand how to get better anymore because he doesn't listen to me.
the only person who ever solidly listened to my advice is trahhh, and he lives in nevada.

also jamaal the professor was actually really bad. he snuck in adv calc 2 questions (in a calc 1 class) into his homework and exams. he hadn't taught any of the calc 2 at all because it wasn't a calc 2 class. when people called him out on it, his response was that they would have to learn calc 2 at some point anyway so they might as well have started now.
after he gave them bad grades.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Maaaan in North Carolina the grade was like this:

A: 93-100
B: 85-92
C: 77-84
D: 70-76
F: Anything below 70

@BBQ: Lounis passed the class, but I can see how he would be a bad teacher. Reminds me of Mr. Roth a bit LOL

Top Bottom