• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Nothing against Waba, but if you want to get better at Brawl, you should really hit up Impact Clash.
Yeah, the competition there will be hella scary.
That's all the more reason to go though.
Meet new people, learn new match ups, and hone your game.
I get mad nerves every time I play Reflex, Kismet, and Lounis, but I almost always learn something.
I always feel like I improve, too.
If you can make it to Waba, you can make it to IC3.
No johns, guys.
Agreed. I can pack people in my car too for IC3 if there's ride johns problem. Ill be at waba friday if you need to ask for a ride.

-to lobeila- I live in Marietta, depending on how close you are to me I don't mind giving a ride.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Agreed. I can pack people in my car too for IC3 if there's ride johns problem. Ill be at waba friday if you need to ask for a ride.

-to lobeila- I live in Marietta, depending on how close you are to me I don't mind giving a ride.
You need to get AIM, son.
It's difficult to get in touch with people who don't have it.
Anyways, you may have heard that I caught somedat pneumonia.
I'm feeling a lot better now though.
I should be up and able for competition on Saturday.
Hopefully well enough to practice tomorrow.
Let's get some more teams combo **** going, sonnn.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
You need to get AIM, son.
It's difficult to get in touch with people who don't have it.
Anyways, you may have heard that I caught somedat pneumonia.
I'm feeling a lot better now though.
I should be up and able for competition on Saturday.
Hopefully well enough to practice tomorrow.
Let's get some more teams combo **** going, sonnn.
Alright cool. Yea I have aim I just....don't usually go on it. Ill start to get on it more.
Hopefully you feel better by tomarrow, but yea lets do some dope team ****.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I would go to IC if I wasn't going to be working at Waba. lol. I am going to try to check it out on Sunday. I don't think I will compete in anything because it's not 100% that I can make it. But IC is going to be sweet. Final Round is another one I'm looking forward to, but that's not til March.

On that note, Waba is having a training day tomorrow (Friday) for IC3. $5 all day 2pm to midnight or if you preregister on this thread, only $3 all day. Come train with us!;)

We also have a lock in as some of you know on Friday that will last to Saturday morning. If you are coming for the lock in, you will NOT be charged extra if you come a couple hours early. If you need to stay longer on Saturday morning because of rides and such, no problem, because I have to stay anyways to clean up. I don't leave Waba after the lock in, I take a nap and open up again at 2pm. lol. We will have a Left 4 Dead 4v4 tournament during the lock in. The training center will be open all night as well to allow peeps to continue to prepare for IC. It should be good times for all. :)

Good luck to all the people competing at IC3.:bee:

BigLøu

Smash Lord
To be honest, I would go to IC if I wasn't going to be working at Waba. lol. I am going to try to check it out on Sunday. I don't think I will compete in anything because it's not 100% that I can make it. But IC is going to be sweet. Final Round is another one I'm looking forward to, but that's not til March.

On that note, Waba is having a training day tomorrow (Friday) for IC3. $5 all day 2pm to midnight or if you preregister on this thread, only $3 all day. Come train with us!;)

We also have a lock in as some of you know on Friday that will last to Saturday morning. If you are coming for the lock in, you will NOT be charged extra if you come a couple hours early. If you need to stay longer on Saturday morning because of rides and such, no problem, because I have to stay anyways to clean up. I don't leave Waba after the lock in, I take a nap and open up again at 2pm. lol. We will have a Left 4 Dead 4v4 tournament during the lock in. The training center will be open all night as well to allow peeps to continue to prepare for IC. It should be good times for all. :)

Good luck to all the people competing at IC3.:bee:

hey im preregistering!!!. 3 dollars =D

Rayku

Smash Lord
Ugh.
The lack of access to transportation is the only thing keeping me from actually playing Melee. I hate my life. I hate it so f***ing much.
Seriously, all you guys are like I ARE SO GOOD AT MELEE BECAUSE I HAVE ACCESS TO COMPETITION and I'm like I HATE WABA FOR BEING TWO HUNDRED YEARS AWAY FROM ME and you laugh and Min laughs and the world laughs and I die a little inside.
Does anyone live in like...Marietta/Vinings and have access to a car? I can pay for gas and whatnot.
I don't live too far away from Marietta. Maybe one time I go to Waba I can pick you up on the way? I dunno, just an idea. Hit me up on AIM to get more details and I'll give you a more definite answer

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
yo Min no hate with the going to IC over waba thing. I just want peeps to get some good exposure to some out of state competition. I'll try and make it to the training center too.

Umby

Smash Master
Mike G, where do you live? I'm kinda interested in learning Peach in Melee, and wanted to know in case I wanted to chill and aren't really able to go to Waba.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Since I'm going to Sleepy's tomorrow, I suppose it's in my best interest to post and preregister for the thing tomorrow just in case; Rafael (my brother, elev8), Calvin, and myself, really.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
yo Min no hate with the going to IC over waba thing. I just want peeps to get some good exposure to some out of state competition. I'll try and make it to the training center too.
Mike G, I got ya!;)I know you are on the same page as me. Wanna grow the gaming community. Like I said, I would do the same thing. I'd go to IC3. But cool that you'll try to be at the center for training. I'll see you tomorrow G. This is like a song to sing. :urg: "Ja jee mon jee min joe ah!":laugh:lol

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I should be at the training tomorrow! (Preregister?)

And I figure there's a 50% chance I have to work Saturday... I live in Woodstock, GA. Any chance of transportation to IC3 if I let you know Friday whether I can go or not? I should be able to provide some gas moneys and maybe some lulz along the way.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yeah, after actually sitting down and actually comprehending wtf is happening with all this, i might wind up at waba tomorrow.

Alot of things are going into the thought process.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Everyone going to impact clash i do wish you luck. As much as i love going to tournaments and just smashing over all, please keep in mind that im just 16 (well soon to be in a couple of days) and my mom still runs my life :(. time is the only thing on my side right now and its too slow. impact isnt THAT far away considering its what like 1 hour form waba right? and im a 15 min drive away from that place. but i have asked my mom if she can take me but she, 1) doesnt like driving me anywhere, 2) doesnt like me going out at all :( but, to all the people with the same johns or very close johns to mine or just not being able to make impact, come practice at waba on saturday, Antic and I want to get a mini 5$ entery tournament going for fun and experience. So good luck everyone going to Impact! REP GA! DONT LET FLORIDA TAKE THE WIN AGAIN!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ugh.
Seriously, all you guys are like I ARE SO GOOD AT MELEE BECAUSE I HAVE ACCESS TO COMPETITION and I'm like I HATE WABA FOR BEING TWO HUNDRED YEARS AWAY FROM ME and you laugh and Min laughs and the world laughs and I die a little inside.
Aight, about an hour ago, i had this long winded rant typed up, but i stopped myself because after reading it, i was like "If i put this up, ima sound like an ***". So i will simply quote this, say "Google Warner Robins", then "Google Valdosta", and laugh.

Cause trust me, you live around ATL, you might be able to have that fly around alot of people in that area. I never ever let anybody talk about "not having anybody near them and how it hampers their gameplay."

Everyone going to impact clash i do wish you luck. As much as i love going to tournaments and just smashing over all, please keep in mind that im just 16 (well soon to be in a couple of days) and my mom still runs my life :(.
Ill take it you didnt come to TO4 and meet colbol and hungrybox, cause going to GA is like going in their backyard, and they're both 15. I know they were traveling when they were 14. Hell, both of them HOUSE people all the time. It's just about keeping your parents in the know and explaining what's up. You go with good people, your parents wont mind. (Colin's parents are off the ****ing chain.)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
they housed at 13 <3
traveled at 13 too.
let's not forget colin is always 12.
there are no such thing as distance johns or anything. Google Valdosta State.
Dogy's won the last few GA only tournaments.
man up or shut up.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Look, let me explain what I meant since I worded it badly. Like, REALLY badly. I just realized how whiny I sounded.

I came to GA from New Orleans, and everything(I mean EVERYTHING) was a hop skip and a jump away from me. I had to put forth little to no effort to get from place to place, so I got used to that. Now, I'm sure that most places, like this one, involve a little bit more to get to such and such place, but the fact of the matter remains that I'm really not used to that. The reason I went on that whiny rant was due to my frustration I'm facing during the adjustment from "a venue is pretty much next door to everywhere" to "I actually have to dig in the dirt to find a path from place to place." I'm not trying to make excuses.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
im not talking down on you, im saying you're in the area, you're alot better off than you think.

I cant ****ing talk down even if i wanted to, i still have to drive 2 hours just to play people. For as much as I do it, and as much as i've been doing it, I'm dumb.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
wow, you ***** *** ***got kids who go to waba, I'll drive your ***** to impact clash.
unless it's full of dogy and co.

that is, i think i can only take a few.

okay, I also have to take GATech with me, but i can take them on a second trip since they already live in atlanta.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Ill take it you didnt come to TO4 and meet colbol and hungrybox, cause going to GA is like going in their backyard, and they're both 15. I know they were traveling when they were 14. Hell, both of them HOUSE people all the time. It's just about keeping your parents in the know and explaining what's up. You go with good people, your parents wont mind. (Colin's parents are off the ****ing chain.)
yes, it makes me jellous tbh. Hbox's parents seem really cool. ive read about him housing and hosting tournaments at his own house. also read somehting bout his mom actually knowing and understanding about "this is more than just a game, its a comunity"

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
im not talking down on you, im saying you're in the area, you're alot better off than you think.
I'm not saying my situation is particularly bad. I'm saying that it's not as good as the situation I was in before, which is the situation I assumed most people had, since New Orleans is a pretty huge place. Then again, what I didn't know about Atlanta is that unlike New Orleans, you can't take a back road to anywhere. The world outside of that town is pretty foreign to me. Eh heh. ^^;

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
# (pound), i can dig it.

___

Ya know, before i continue to think of this crazy weekend I have planned in my head, who all is going to waba for melee? And on top of that, is anybody going that'd be interested in some ggac, sc4, and cvs2 (priority in that order)

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace

Ya know, before i continue to think of this crazy weekend I have planned in my head, who all is going to waba for melee? And on top of that, is anybody going that'd be interested in some ggac, sc4, and cvs2 (priority in that order)
I'd play Melee and Soulcalibur IV with you. I'm a scrubadub, but practice is practice.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
im almost sure i cant go to impact considering money johns and more parent johns.. -.-

oh yes, to people going to impact, bring cameras and recording stuff.. will be greatly apriciated..<3

Top Bottom