• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Player-3

Smash Hero
yay!
My parents said as long as they arent too tired from the funeral their going to tues-thurs, theyll take me to to5 on sat!!
Viet lets place top 10 kthx
Fsmash and fsmash team

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@VietGeek - i started competitive gaming in high school. played 3rd Strike as my first competitive game. it's not being in high school that stops you, it's ambition. i just don't see most of you newer crowd as being types that have the drive to improve. you really have to want it. but, you have your other priorities, whatever they are. basically, if you want to, you will. if you don't want to, then you won't.

@Tubes - i will teach anyone anything i know about games. all one has to do is come ask me. i believe i have said this many, many times. although, to be honest, i could only teach you so much with falcon. i can teach you general strategy, though.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I may come to this week's, depending on how the Warner Robins thing works out...

Would anyone be willing to give me a ride from the Doraville station? I will be bringing a recording setup if I am there...

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
marty, the point of the barline is to test how good you've gotten with the friendlies and training and advice.
idk where the concept that it's just a way to make money (money goes to church, i don't spend any of it) or a way to embarrass scrubs or something. i'm legitimately testing my opponents and trying to punish them for mistakes and trying to win <_<

once again if anyone wants help, just ask.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I MM scrubs to embarass them and make money.
Real talk.

I'll teach scrubs, but not via MMs. To me, any sort of match with a wager on it is a competition, where you strive to outsmart and outplay your opponent to win the glory of victory.

Who wants MMs?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Real talk.

I'll teach scrubs, but not via MMs. To me, any sort of match with a wager on it is a competition, where you strive to outsmart and outplay your opponent to win the glory of victory.

Who wants MMs?
i have been in the mood to play some melee the past week or 2, after the brawl tourney or when im knocked out, ide like to get some friendlies in. I decided on Samus/Marth i dont need to learn technical in dept stuff about my character yet but right now, i just need the advanced basics of like when to strike, how to approach, control my character (im having trouble with that the most and it comes from not having enough experience cuz bots suck,) and specific stage descriptions like ceiling heights and i hear that BF has a very weird edge in some way idk what it is tho. Are any melee folks going to be at ComboBreaker?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Dyno, practicing against computers is one of the best ways to practice character control. Practice against level 1s or something.

Purple

Hi guys!
how long is everyone going to be at combobreaker? Like always, i've eben having work until closing on saturday. So i'll be at waba at 10pm.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Real talk.

Who wants MMs?
Teach me things...

Ah needz help...

And I'll be at Combo Breaker all day, until Waba Closes.

EDIT:Well, from about 4-Closing Actually.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
It's basically just a bunch of tourneys, for BB, Brawl, Melee(I believe), SF4(I think) and Tekken:Dark resurrection(Which I want to play.)

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Combo Breaker 1

SF4 Results:
1: JTO
2: Nato
3: Too Much Damage
4: SSJGeorge Bush
5: BigBoi
5: Forte
7: Rizzo
7: JayEZgoing
9: Dark Ballinjin
9: Terry
9: Xif

BlazBlue Results:
1: SSJGeorge Bush
2: Marty
3: Elliot
4: Xif
5: Funky P
6: Rizzo

SSBB Results:
1: LambChops
2: Desu
3: Dynomite
4: Elliot
5: Albino
6: Umby
7: Turtle
8: Action Jackson

Our first Combo Breaker had 40+ attendees, but only 11 sign ups for SF4
Half the people came to play casuals this time around instead of competing
Oh well, things will only get better with experience and the wisdom to use the experience in a positive direction...thanks to all of you for your continuing support.

SF4 + BB WABA WEEKLY still happening tomorrow!!! So, if you missed Combo Breaker today, come tomorrow to our weekly...still only $5 door fee for all day gaming with tournament experience to boot

TO5 next week peeps!!! Melee Feast will be served next weekend!!!

dumba989

Smash Apprentice
Combo Breaker 1

SF4 Results:
1: JTO
2: Nato
3: Too Much Damage
4: SSJGeorge Bush
5: BigBoi
5: Forte
7: Rizzo
7: JayEZgoing
9: Dark Ballinjin
9: Terry
9: Xif

BlazBlue Results:
1: SSJGeorge Bush
2: Marty
3: Elliot
4: Xif
5: Funky P
6: Rizzo

SSBB Results:
1: LambChops
2: Desu
3: Dynomite
4: Elliot
5: Albino
6: Umby
7: Turtle
8: Action Jackson

Our first Combo Breaker had 40+ attendees, but only 11 sign ups for SF4
Half the people came to play casuals this time around instead of competing
Oh well, things will only get better with experience and the wisdom to use the experience in a positive direction...thanks to all of you for your continuing support.

SF4 + BB WABA WEEKLY still happening tomorrow!!! So, if you missed Combo Breaker today, come tomorrow to our weekly...still only $5 door fee for all day gaming with tournament experience to boot

TO5 next week peeps!!! Melee Feast will be served next weekend!!!
Thanks for results!!!

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Dyno, practicing against computers is one of the best ways to practice character control. Practice against level 1s or something.
Thats like all ive been able to do here in college.

Well that and play with some of the people who play here. I think ive played a total of like 10 people in brawl since ive been here. Only one of them is any good lol.

I cant wait for the monthly. I feel so out of the community since college started :/

Rayku

Smash Lord
It's strange how inactive this thread is since it's in the Gentleman's Club.

I don't post in it as often because I don't visit the Gentleman's Club very often.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
albino we should learn to play vanguard princess with each other.

cuz we're both poverty gamers mirite =V

VietGeek

Smash Hero
but this is prettyful colorful moe poverty game with women of all ages and breast sizes and less PEW PEW+++

how could it go wrong

Player-3

Smash Hero
Viet do u got a working conttollur
If i cant get p1s ima need to borrow one for to5
And many friendlies to warm up

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i ****ing hate wario. *runs away for 8minutes*
we should get some friendlies in shaslam
wario isnt going to charge into a DDD's bairs nor is he going to get grabbed for 40 damage and get chaingrabbed across the stage just to get grab released to a fair, bair, dair, upair, or even an up smash.

@Shaslam: YAY!! you are going to show!! its on the 19th so make arrangements :lick:

Top Bottom