• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

tubes

Smash Ace
Sleepy, I wanna do a barline challenge against you.

It's basically a 1 dollar money match against your M2 right?
I need to step the **** up and catch up with you again. I remember the first time we played we went even but now idk you 3 stocked me in a falcon ditto last we played. Sure it was a friendly and I wasn't exactly playing well but 3 stocks? Imma have to money match you next we meet and attempt to redeem myself man.

Also Ken is a smart player.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i don't think ill be good enough by to5 =/ my goal a few months ago was to acquire enough skill to make it out of pools, now i know i can't =[

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
enter in the tournament, you get the real deal for experience.
also going for friendlies goes ok since the tournament will wind down to a few specific matches that need to be played, as always.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
@Yiff: Yes, he knows where the tournament is. He's posting in this thread to see if people who are going to TO5 might be interested in going to that tournament. It's called advertisement
Oh, okay. I was confused, thought he might have just heard something about it and was asking.

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
I need to step the **** up and catch up with you again. I remember the first time we played we went even but now idk you 3 stocked me in a falcon ditto last we played. Sure it was a friendly and I wasn't exactly playing well but 3 stocks? Imma have to money match you next we meet and attempt to redeem myself man.

Also Ken is a smart player.
Ahem...
I was a 4 stock lol
also no johns

But if you go to the weekly this Saturday, I'll be there.
Maybe Ken too but I'm not sure.
and I'll try a 1$ mm if you want

SleepyK

oh snap, uppin dat ante.
rj once again I will state that you're easily above the barline, but we'll do it if you want.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Level 2 Barline Challenge will be available at any waba weekly I show up at.
The challenge is a $2 MM with my Kirby.
This challenge is ONLY available after completing the level 1 barline challenge, SleepyK's mewtwo.

tubes

Smash Ace
you are correct.

I beat rj once you guys. That OBVIOUSLY means i'm cool >.> Tubes you should do five barline matches instead of mm'n RJ -.-
because doing both is an unheard of concept. Also money matching someone on the same day you lost a money match to them is a bad idea imo. Unless you be hustlin'.

Plus I shouldn't need that many tries anyway. I'm already over the acceptable number of tries it should have taken for me to beat this **** imo.

So at what point do these get to Marty's Roy?

SleepyK

tbh tim's kirby as a second level is kind of good since his ability to use kirby is much better than my ability to use mewtwo, but at the same time it's just testing the same things with another unfamiliar matchup, so idk.

SleepyK

because doing both is an unheard of concept. Also money matching someone on the same day you lost a money match to them is a bad idea imo. Unless you be hustlin'.

Plus I shouldn't need that many tries anyway. I'm already over the acceptable number of tries it should have taken for me to beat this **** imo.

marty's roy is a tournament level roy.

and money matching someone multiple times works esp if you start doing betting throughout the money match.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
tbh tim's kirby as a second level is kind of good since his ability to use kirby is much better than my ability to use mewtwo, but at the same time it's just testing the same things with another unfamiliar matchup, so idk.
my kirby is top tier, obv

marty's roy is a tournament level roy.

and money matching someone multiple times works esp if you start doing betting throughout the money match.
marty's roy needs to be near the end of the barline challenge

Purple

Hi guys!

As sleepy said, Marty has a tourney level roy. it's not a low tier used casually like sleepy's he's actually gotten out of pools in To4 against decent people with him, and almost beat nite in brackets.. (at least it seemed like in one match).

So i would say it just depends on how long it takes you to be able to read your opponent, make better decisions, and get your character to do what you want him to do.

marty's roy needs to be the end of the barline challenge
fixed.

But i don't think there should be levels to the barline challenge,. I mean, beating marty's roy consistently is a big feat. That's like, mid-level challenge ;/

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
Alright, Tubes. You're on. 5 bucks. Falcon dittos?

and Sleepy, you gonna be at Waba this Saturday?

Player-3

Smash Hero
i cant go saturday, going to helen with some friends

also to5 is looking bad since p1 is going to be out of town and hes usually my ride... ]:

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol, this barline thing is getting a little sad. i think that someone needs to just sit down with these people and teach them the fundamentals before they even THINK about a money match. just my 2 cents...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
oh helen, **** ya

mountains

cows and farming

giant moths =3

err anyway, p-3...

it is our duty as the "High Schoolers of the Stun that Hits: Quest for Regents Test of the North" to attend TO5 for lulz and say that we were there.

Whether or not we will donate to the giant Train Pot is irrelevant at this time.

Now its all about getting there. >=(

I'll bring two Melees and a Wii and GameCube if I can come. =V

and Brawl+ so Sreepy can be leik "rofl why viet hey its a melee tournament put this **** away plz thx" viet-canceled, 4 stocked, GGs

lol, this barline thing is getting a little sad. i think that someone needs to just sit down with these people and teach them the fundamentals before they even THINK about a money match. just my 2 cents...
Marty

I'm an average high schooler

why do you think i can actually learn

lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
**** the barlines im just gonna play peoples mains and lose money until i can win money

**** yeah

i wanna get out of pools at to5 if i can make it

but if i make it it will most likely be saturday

which is doubles

<__________<

VietGeek

Smash Hero
is doubles $30? kinda steep otherwise we could be

Deku Scrubs+

or ScrubSchoolers

or Money4UrPot+

or 30dollartip

=V

Player-3

Smash Hero
doubles is 20 bro

scrubschoolers sounds good

or maybe Lowschoolers

geddit

nao i need to make it

]: we did good in brawl+ teams but thats brawl+, fun speed activated and all that

if i make it for doubles im gonna mm desus fox cuz i hear he has the best fox
IN THE WORLD

also toastys ness and chu

and sleepys falcon
i want to be good at this gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

tubes

Smash Ace
Alright, Tubes. You're on. 5 bucks. Falcon dittos?

and Sleepy, you gonna be at Waba this Saturday?
Pick whoever you want. Character choice is unrestricted. Master hand is banned.

If your willing to teach I'm always willing to learn.

Top Bottom