• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i thought i could play marth

then i played EC marths

i cannot play marth

BBQ°

Smash Champion
also

todays my birfday

:D
happy b-day

1. Grab AFTER the jab, not the aerial
2. If he tries to lightshield edgehog, just recover onto the stage. Ganon can't really punish you for recovering onto the stage if he's on the ledge.
3. If you recover high, save your jump and use the side+b to float yourself a little more and switch up where you're trying to fall to.
4. Against ganon's f-air? Don't challenge it. Get out of the way, and punish when he lands.
5. L2gimp ganon, L2ken-combo ganon, L2swat ganon out of his down+b recovery.

Thats all that comes to mind off the top of my head.
Thanks. I don't really have a problem comboing and gimping Ganon, it's just taking control of momentum is troublesome for me. And it sux when I screw up a combo or a gimp because Ganon uses 5 moves and I'm dead LOL. But yeah, I'll work on it.

bbq, ganon is unbeatable. You will probably have to do ganon dittos.
I tried that. Rayku's Ganon has a longer right arm.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Noooooo Keep ur ps2! O_o. If u really want to play melee i'll let you borrow my GC. no biggie

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Shouts for Jamaal's gamefest.

Jamaal - Thanks for the housing, the food, the general hospitality, and all the fun dude. It was a weekend well spent. I'll bring an extra fan if you do it again. XD
Lounis - You wish you were as good at Salt Party 4 as I am.
Marty - THE BARD IS NOT A VIABLE CLASS IN SALT EXPLORER.
Billy - MAN MARIO IS SO BROKEN. I WOULD KNOW, I PLAY METAKNIGHT.
Mike G - Find that game and we'll play next time!
Saltix - Got his MK and Lucario 3 stocked by my jiggs. HAVE SOME SALT *****.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
i can prob. make it to either seb or the monthly. which one might have the better turnout?
@billy: :cry: will u be at ne more monthlys? i will do what i can to make it to SEB. must say my goodbyes. :(
I will go to the monthlys whenever Reflex goes, but I won't be at the August monthly because I will be going to a different tourney with Reflex and Elev8.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
True! Cover my mistakes with a shine lol

I'm thinking about it
I'm just not really having too much fun with the game anymore :/

What
the

Well at the very least, thats a good reason to want to quit. I always say if you're not enjoying what you are doing then why do it. You were getting much better at reading people though.

happy-bday p-3

Player-3

Smash Hero
me and p1 might do brawl doubles at seb

MIGHT

if i can go

and if he doesnt wimp out on me again

like he did for melee doubles

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Well Octix was saying how he may quit. Also BBQ was telling me about how he may quit on aim the other day. P-3 and VietG stopped entering brawl singles awhile back as well.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I still like Brawl but I think entering in brackets is pointless unless you're making money.

Doubles is a different story.

Rayku and I are teaming at Waba sometime soon.

edit:
I'm probably going to enter 1v1 one more time and see how it goes. I'm still gonna play wifi even if I decide to stop entering tournaments.

I'll be putting my attention to Melee, however.

Player-3

Smash Hero
bbq i think we should team offline
my performance is actually performance not smash spamming with everyone and tilt spamming with snake

well

it still is tilt spamming with snake

but you know

SleepyK

octix if you want to main jiggs just pick whoever as your secondary
tbh you don't have to pick a secondary to get to the top
hbox doesn't have a secondary
i've only seen darkrain change characters once
sliq secondaries link to cover his bad matchups for jigglypuff <_<

it looks like bbq and zomb are at the general level of skill where they have a feel for their character and understand basic concepts but they can't think around character matchups.
also bad habits they've accumulated so far = lol ganon ****

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So my PS3 can't read disc. And I'm a poor Asian in regards to paying for unnecessary material goods. =V

Anyway to fix it cheap guys? I know it's kinda random but I wanna buy BlazBlue (in the cloudy future) and swing swords and sh*t.

Like could WABA fix my lens or something for a low affordable price? Atm it can't even read PS1 or DVDs (I would luckily get the 40 GB <__<).

Maybe Sleepy's telling me to play Melee...somewhere.

What??
How much freedom do you have in character model editing
o.o
Possibly enough for me to make Ryoko Asakura for Barlw and achieve my weeaboo-weeaboo dleams.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
bbq i think we should team offline
my performance is actually performance not smash spamming with everyone and tilt spamming with snake

well

it still is tilt spamming with snake

but you know
I know, lol. I think we do pretty well in teams despite us being pretty bad at 1v1, lol. But yeah we should give it a try.

I'd actually like to do teams with GTR someday also. I was teaming with Luffyfan the other day and we were ******, but Luffy said he already has a partner. So GTR, who also plays as Snake, might work well.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
it looks like bbq and zomb are at the general level of skill where they have a feel for their character and understand basic concepts but they can't think around character matchups.
also bad habits they've accumulated so far = lol ganon ****
lol yeah pretty much. It was quite funny yesterday, I was telling Rayku that Ganondorf is like Metaknight + Snake.
Meta Knight = requires you to play perfectly or else you get *****
Snake = 5 hits and you're dead

Of course this is just exaggeration but it makes sense at scrub view.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
vietg imo get a 360 and let me mod it
I only ask cuz I got the PS3 for free. Otherwise I'm wouldn't considering getting the 40 GB model. <_<

Well not really for "free" though, but more like: "you fix you get" sorta ordeal.

Plus my lolicon weeaboo side wants Tales of Vesperia PS3. =<

SleepyK

tov 360 is just fine, and i can get it to you for free <_<

popo i firmware hack 360 drives (all models excluding hitachi 47s) so they can play burned games (which are xbox live safe)
i can also fix RRoD 360s (2 successfully so far) and sooner or later tommy and I are going to start painting custom cases and doing cool mods. if someone wanted to help me out with it i wouldn't mind trying to add things to my 360 (like leds)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
tov 360 is just fine, and i can get it to you for free <_<

popo i firmware hack 360 drives (all models excluding hitachi 47s) so they can play burned games (which are xbox live safe)
i can also fix RRoD 360s (2 successfully so far) and sooner or later tommy and I are going to start painting custom cases and doing cool mods. if someone wanted to help me out with it i wouldn't mind trying to add things to my 360 (like leds)
could i get a companion cube paint job?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Well I suppose if you really want money you could just mm people worse than you but, I try not to just play this game for material though. I enjoy competition, and i enjoy smashbrothers, and thus i enter tournaments for both games. Getting good at something comes with time, practice, and dedication. If you aren't dedicated to something you won't go out of your way to make time for it, and therefor you will not end up practicing which leads to you staying at the same skill for however long. Being good at something is a decision, you make a choice on whether you want to be good at smash or just a casual player. The thing that separates the good player and the pro player is not only the correct mindset but the way they go about getting good. Practice of course is the way but, how do you practice? I know you've all probably seen the thread about plateauing in the gentlemans club well there is a quote in there i'd like to share. "A noob practices until they get it right. A professional practices until they never get it wrong". Practice until you don't get things wrong, watch video's of yourself to pick up on bad habits and terminate them, implement new things into your game that no one has done before. These are just a few ways to practice, and you'll wind they work very well. Getting good at a game is nowhere near as taxing as getting good at a sport, but the same principals apply you won't get anywhere without practice.

IM SOOO GOOD AT BEING LATE OHMYGOD.

SleepyK

popo when i saw your design for the controller paint job it's probably going to run you like 20-25.
tommy's gonna have to grab some acrylics and do detail work.

companion gc job... if it's a solid color, if you let me test-paint it i'll do it for the price of the paint

alby, what in the world do you need to practice in brawl? it's not an execution-intensive game by any means.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
popo when i saw your design for the controller paint job it's probably going to run you like 20-25.

companion gc job... if it's a solid color, if you let me test-paint it i'll do it for the price of the paint

alby, what in the world do you need to practice in brawl? it's not an execution-intensive game by any means.
Practicing isn't all about execution. You're correct in saying brawl is not execution-intensive at all, but practicing simple habits like not rolling when you're cornered or not air dodging into the ground are very beneficial when you're trying to improve.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Really? i havent heard of anyone else wanting toquit
Im gonna quit due to that fact that Lounis is too good.

I'd actually like to do teams with GTR someday also. I was teaming with Luffyfan the other day and we were ******, but Luffy said he already has a partner. So GTR, who also plays as Snake, might work well.
We could team some time man, ive been told my snake is i think it was put "skillessly ftilt happy" lol so yeah I'm not too sure how good i am at Teams but we should really give it a try some time and see how it goes.

Hell i guess i'll team with anyone. Ive never entered doubles before b/c i never had a partner but if i get one than i guess i'll start entering.

Alby's wall of text = <3

Ive really love the competition of smash as well as competition in general. Also, I findthe Smash community to be really cool and fun to hang out with in general. When it boils down to it for me,

Playing smash for me is fun, through all of the johnsing, and losing, and trash talking, and people complaining to you about how much you suck and shouldnt have beat them, it all just ends up fun for me.

/my2cents

@SleepyK: I want to play melee with you. We havnet played since Smash Aid couple years back. Next time im at waba or something we gotta play.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

$20-25? geez... my black controler isn't even that good... has he started yet or can i still back out?

Player-3

Smash Hero
you need to practice your camping game sleepy

if you mess up a projectile you get approached, and have to roll across the stage to camp again

lololololololololoololololololololol

luffyfan99

Smash Cadet
I know, lol. I think we do pretty well in teams despite us being pretty bad at 1v1, lol. But yeah we should give it a try.

if ya want Ill team with ya bbq, if i go to south east battles i just need a ride and $15

no wiimote so scatt said he's not goin unless the to's change their mind

Purple

Hi guys!
Ganon is banned from all of Lou's tournaments :D

I'm thinking of quitting brawl and picking up Melee and maining Jiggs
who is her best secondary? Or is Jiggs good enough to not need one
supposedly marth was an easy win for jiggs so i guess you would need a fox. but you know it's going to take longer for you to just reach the plateau in that game than in brawl. o.o

i'm thinking of having monthlies at my house, on a different date than waba monthlies, just so we can have more tourneys, no entry fee (but i will say one, if my parents bicker about electric fees, i might have to have you guys pop out a dollar or something :/, but i doubt it.) , people who went to the smashfest know my house is pretty spacy, who would be interested

Top Bottom