• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
wait so

barline challenges

$1 - albino
$? - p1
who else was taking one?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Anybody want to house two guys coming from SC on Friday night?

Wanted to attend WABA's anniversary in addition to the monthly.

We're humble guests.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Er...his fair didn't get nerfed, he can still do all those vB "combos" (except they're counted as legit now.

I think it's because you left your handicap/buffer to 0. Move it to 100 for 10 frame buffer, which is what Brawl uses.

=V
Why would the handicap change the mode of play? That just sounds stupid.

Player-3

Smash Hero
it doesnt change the mode of play, it just gives you a certain amount of buffer frames

every 10% is a frame to buffer in

brawl gives you 10 frames to buffer

Rayku

Smash Lord

We're humble guests.
Someone house this dude.

Although you may not want to come for Friday unless you just want friendlies.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'll be there. what more do you want? my very presence negates any attendance issues.

edit: also, viet, are we going to be using 4.1 or the latest nightly for the B+ tourney?

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman

We're humble guests.
I might be able to house you if it's just Friday night. WABA aniv isn't going to be a big tourney or anything though. $3 door, winner gets a shirt. It's more of a smashfest day than anything else, I dunno who's going though. Of course they'll also be having sf4 and blazblue tourneys with similar rewards -- dunno if you guys are into that too.

Get in touch with me text/call (770) 595 4432

VietGeek

Smash Hero
That's like saying custom controls are stupid. D=

Well...most Melee players don't care so I guess most comp. peeps would agree to that notion. =<

Anyway, to explain buffering:

Brawl+ FAQ said:
What is the "Buffering" code?

In Brawl, a new mechanic was introduced in hopes of making online play more smooth and to make button inputs easier. This mechanic is known as buffering.

This is how it works:

If you input a move that you are unable to perform at that time, the game wait up to 1/6th of a second (10 frames), checking to see if you can do it. Think about how Ike would Neutral-Aerial to his doom near the ledge. This was because he attempted to hit A in his shield, but because he was unable to do a shield grab at that time, he instead did a Nair and falls to his death.

In the BrawlPlusery codeset, we have a code known as the "Buffer Modifier" which reduces the amount of frames the game will wait, making inputs much more precise. Most players prefer 6-8 frames of buffer, but if you are from melee, you will probably enjoy 1-5 frames. If you come from regular Brawl, you will probably be fine with 10 frames. It's all preference.
So yeah, its personal preference. vB has a high buffer so you may have been used to inputting stuff quicker than in 0 buffer, hence why fair seems to be laggier.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, its personal preference. vB has a high buffer so you may have been used to inputting stuff quicker than in 0 buffer, hence why fair seems to be laggier.
Despite how you just treated me, I actually know what buffering is. I need no explanation.

-Rayku

D0N

Smash Ace
Alright guys, its been fun. im leaving early tomorrow morning. See you guys another time when a visit. Hopefully next summer ill be here. And if any of you decide to go to Pound 4 Ill see you there.

luffyfan99

Smash Cadet
Alright guys, its been fun. im leaving early tomorrow morning. See you guys another time when a visit. Hopefully next summer ill be here. And if any of you decide to go to Pound 4 Ill see you there.
if i had gone to atlanta revival, i could have played ya with my snake, but come down next time and safe trip man

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
kk, I just c/p'd anyway.

No prob. Most Smashers don't know what buffering is. ._.
It's all good. No hate. I just don't like being told stuff I obviously already know :p

Hey VietG, you're in the SBR for Brawl+. That must mean you're good, right? We should play Brawl+ this Saturday. Maybe we should have a teams Brawl+ tournament >.>

-Rayku

Saltix

Smash Lord
It's all good. No hate. I just don't like being told stuff I obviously already know :p

Hey VietG, you're in the SBR for Brawl+. That must mean you're good, right? We should play Brawl+ this Saturday. Maybe we should have a teams Brawl+ tournament >.>

-Rayku
Lucario has an aura that grows and makes him stronger as he takes more damage!
Just messin with ya haha. I don't remember you saying you'd be here tomorrow or saturday...
which day?

Also do we need to bring set ups, and is tomorrow for every game?
I wanna play some xbox

Top Bottom