• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
So i played Melee for the first time in a while today
Gerbil got *****
well he held his own for the most part
cept for Fox vs Roy
nigg@ got ***** lol
<3 Gerbil
I need to do something with Melee down here but im 2 **** lazy to get anything going
like that tourney i was suppose to hold
I think ill do it in April
Melee only
That is all for now.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
^Gerbil lost tech-skill when he stopped wearing Hawaiian shirts. :(

So, to kinda go back to topic...

Wes, Mike G... who else was gonna be on the panel? Marty?

When do you guys wanna create a new PR list? After the upcoming tournaments in March? After H.E.R.B.?

Also, are we gonna count OOS?

Wes I also think it'd be 100% appropriate for you to make the current PR comprised of nothing but Daniel Zaman and tacos, for his great ability to eat and because tacos rule. :)

Prac352

Smash Lord
I think a larger panel is in order. Mike, Mike, and Wes is good and all, but I'd like to see at least Alpha and Dogy as well.

However, panelists should want to be panelists as well. I think Sleepy might make for a decent candidate. Some other honorable mentions might be Chad, Xif, or myself.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I think a larger panel is in order. Mike, Mike, and Wes is good and all, but I'd like to see at least Alpha and Dogy as well.

However, panelists should want to be panelists as well. I think Sleepy might make for a decent candidate. Some other honorable mentions might be Chad, Xif, or myself.
I agree a larger panel would/will be more balanced, but that leaves the issue of getting everyone either in an online chatroom or together in person to discuss the PR... with more people.

If you (generic "you") know and love GA smash like I do, you know that we're all **** indecisive about going places after tournaments... and GOD HELP US getting the panel together to really talk about rankings. lol!!!

But I agree that a panel of 4 or 5 > panel of 3

chaddd

Smash Lord
Man i aint been to a tourney since october . I will never be here if i got to every tourney 4 moths at time.
Aren't you the one who posted the thread for the tournament that you didn't even show up to and that ended up getting canceled due to poor running of the tournament?

Don't blame yourself, though, it's called Impact Trash for a reason.

EDIT: Impact Trash is garbage.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Im like a king of johns after john lol but ya tong months and chad bro seriously i would have went if it wasnt for some family issues weather melee was played or not . Although i love melee so much i would have been upset . Man i talk to much maybe i should do like cornel does. Minimal posting show up wreck people and act like it never happened .

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Is Ga still brawling? is there anybody in or near albany GA?

EDIT sorry i bumped this thread i didnt see the other one..but i was wondering because i may be going to albany this fall

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wow, it's been a while since I've been 2 a GA thread and seen Brawl bashed LOL.

But yeah, we been tryina pick up Melee back up HARD here in NFL(Although we onl had 18 people @ the last tourney). We still play Brawl tho. Wen is the next BIG tourney that we all should come up 2?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
yea. I don't even own the game, but I picked it up in like an hour and im beating people who play religiously at it.
Did you play Super Turbo at all?

From what I can tell, it's Super Turbo with a few new mechanics. I can't imagine you'd be "new" to it all if that's the case.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Did you play Super Turbo at all?

From what I can tell, it's Super Turbo with a few new mechanics. I can't imagine you'd be "new" to it all if that's the case.
Nah. I play Championship Edition at school all the time. lol. We have some pretty good players there.
I played Super Turbo somewhat, but I mostly just do what I did in Championship to play SF4 and Super Turbo.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
So I hear Street Fighter 4 is the new brawl. :\
does that mean that it's easy to learn or does it mean there isn't much depth to it? I heard he mentioned something like that at IC but I dunno. I only played the game a few times so far. :/

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I disagree and anyon ethat says that is a moron.
SF4 is everything I liked about ST and everything I liked about Third Strike (well except parrying/unless youre Gouken).

Laijin

Smash Hero
does that mean that it's easy to learn or does it mean there isn't much depth to it? I heard he mentioned something like that at IC but I dunno. I only played the game a few times so far. :/
There is a lot of depth. The difference between brawl and melee is that brawl lacks depth + its easy to learn and does not require tech skill as well as not rewarding those who spend time to practice the game. We all know that.

Street Fighter 4 and Third Strike is kinda similar, but not to that extreme.
SF4 does not require as much tech skill as Third Strike does, so its easy to learn and pick up. But its still full of depth and mind games and does reward you for practicing the game. The new focus attack allows for some interesting combos. Its not incredibly difficult to learn, but it does have that clear line between noob and someone who spends time with the game.
In other words, to sum up that entire paragraph. The game is more closer to Street Fighter 2 with a few gameplay differences than it is to Third Strike.
There is nothing wrong with that. SF2 is awesome. People bash on SF4 because its not third strike. :\

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
oh then w/e thats cool.

super turbo is the best and 4 is trying to stay close to its roots.

who cares about old third trash lol..... that's what Jeron says xD

C......

Smash Apprentice
IMO

4 is the $hit
i think they made it how it should be made, personally i love the game.
2, third and 4 is nothing like the comparison between melee and brawl
the graphics are good, and it still plays at the speed of third and 2turbo.
although im always gonna miss normal parrying everything

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
sf4 does allow a lot of dumb stuff to happen for no reason.

however, it definitely isn't the new brawl at all.
laijin, you summed it up nicely.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
IMO

4 is the $hit
i think they made it how it should be made, personally i love the game.
2, third and 4 is nothing like the comparison between melee and brawl
the graphics are good, and it still plays at the speed of third and 2turbo.
although im always gonna miss normal parrying everything
Dan is teh strongest.

tubes

Smash Ace
I can't seem to figure out how to properly play SF4. I try doing all the technical **** they show you in challenge mode but I can't properly approach anyone and I can't deal with shield pressure at all. Also I have no Idea how to use grabs. Maybe It's because I'm pretty new to street fighter or maybe C. Viper sucks but I can't beat special move spamming ryus/kens/sagats to save my life.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I can't seem to figure out how to properly play SF4. I try doing all the technical **** they show you in challenge mode but I can't properly approach anyone and I can't deal with shield pressure at all. Also I have no Idea how to use grabs. Maybe It's because I'm pretty new to street fighter or maybe C. Viper sucks but I can't beat special move spamming ryus/kens/sagats to save my life.
Its easy. I can some up the most basic approach for every character in the game in a few easy sentences:
1. Walk to up opponent, if do hadoken, jump over hadoken and come down with a kick if your close enough.
2. Block whatever the **** they do when you get close.
3. Grab.
4. Back up out of they grab range and do light punches to bait a dragon punch or a wake up attack.
5. Block wake up attack
6. Grab.
7. Repeat
8. If by chance you are out of grab range and you can't grab them for whatever reason, spam low sweeps to keep them guessing what to do. We call those mind games

You will beat majority of noobs and random players with ease with this strat. Remember grabbing is the most important thing in the game. If you can't grab, you probably won't win. Walk up grabs work often as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom