• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
y didthey lock the other thread go make another and tell the mods stop being gay

I'm kind of PO'd about it, i've been thinking of getting one up and running, because no one really acts like they want to be on the panel or anything of the sort, so i made a panel from people on my AIM and thought it would be good, didn't think Desu would complain because the PR was pretty clean cut for starters. The panel should really be worry about people getting into the PR. Either way, the PR thread is locked, and by the looks of it, considering no one talked about being in a panel, we won't have another.

Go brawl

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
y didthey lock the other thread go make another and tell the mods stop being gay
Don't really need to see that. It was closed for a legit reason, now reopened for legit restructuring, and "mods are gay" is just immature.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
As far as the melee power rankings go, we were planning on doing it after impact clash, so at least we'd have like 2 local tournies and 2 big tournies in the past 4 months or so to compare it to, but impact clash smash melee fell through, so we'll ahve to wait, it will happen, and once it happens, it wont fall down again for a while. . .

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
oh sorry for not making it then. I ended up going to waba for the free training thingy they had with Marty, Merc, Jamaal and Tim but we mostly played brawl so you guys didn't miss much lol

OneWing_Angel

Smash Apprentice
Just looking for people to play. Anywhere live near the Elbert County area? Or Athens for that matter?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
there have always been the waba tournaments that you don't go to.
I had a tournament yesterday at my house.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
You guys should come to FL more often.
I hear PB&J, Soft and some other dude is coming to WATO.
You guys should come!
you guys should come up to ga more often.

we've actually been to FL enough in the past years, if you think about it.
guys we have no local tourneys to go to this is not good.
there have always been the waba tournaments that you don't go to.
I had a tournament yesterday at my house.
qft

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
****it Guys.
Losing A New Melee Player Is Like Watching Sleepyk Stop Making Racist Jokes. You Can't Do It.
Go Play This Man Now, Ga.
You got all-caps owned by the forums and you tried to censor "**** it" by bolding the t. .....what?

S0FT

Smash Ace
The Georgia melee comunity was something i used to respect. It was something that used to mean something, it was a group of people who perservered and commited to melee. They let nothing stop them from getting to the tournaments. They called out sick to there job if they had to and told there parents they were going and didnt take no for an answer. They commited and they cared.

Now the Georgia melee scene is just a bunch of tournament threads with last minute excuses.

I know I'm not hosting another tournament, with the flagrant disrespect given to me last time. and I really don't no why waba keeps hosting melee tournaments either, with the exception of TO4, no one cares to show up anymore.
In fact it took a last minute cancelation of a brawl tournament, to finally run a succeful melee tournament.....

Frankly, nicaboy, none of yall deserve tournaments, none of yall deserve tournaments that you can just not show up to at the last minute.

I dont know why people like gerbil and nicaboy still post in the melee threads, asking for a place in the power rankings or commenting on a melee thread. why do yall even come on to smashboards any more! its obvious yall dont play melee! YOU NEED TO SHUT UP OR SHOW UP. (or preferably shut up AND show up)

SleepyK

I'd host tournaments all the time if my parents permitted it.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I, too, would be willing to contribute more to GA's Melee scene, honestly. Every Waba brawl tournament I go to, I find myself playing Melee on that one setup moreso than Brawl (that could just be because every other TV is taken over by Brawl).

Aggravatingly enough, I can't call out sick at work because I work alone, and I'm the only one who can close. I expect I'll get more into Smash in general once I end up going to college in the Fall.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
i r play melee nao =]
come play then.

Guys i got in trouble for going to sleepy's xD. But it was pretty worth it. I spent the rest of the daying practicing Falco pillars. i'm considiering going to waba monday-thursdays practicing tech skills so anyone else who's learning can just play during those days with me, i'll be there everyday. Here's my number if i'm not and you want someone to play with.

678 270 7568.

Don't bash brawl, it's a much bigger money turnout than melee is currently, anyone who's dipped into melee knows melee is more fun, but hey, i like money, and i like competition, when they're put together, regardless the game, i'll play it.

@Soft - the fact you don't respect the melee community shows you don't care enough for the melee community at least the GA melee comm. Try hosting another tournament regardless of what happened last time, just do it for the fact that's it's melee. Go talk to brawl players at brawl tourneys about melee if it helps, you're going to have to work pretty hard to help a dying game.

SleepyK

josh, that kind of scathing tirade needs more direct... direction.
It sounds like you're yelling at all of us, when many (well, like 6) of us still stick to melee and would love to travel all the timez.
sadly, I could very easily list our entire melee scene without checking other threads or member lists.
however, josh, while we lost some members, we are gaining new ones too. Antic, Calvin, Umby, and now apparently t3h Albino are learning melee.
I might say that Umby, Calvin, and Jamaal all improved a crapton at my house.
Btdubs, if anyone wants melee lessons on the weekend, I can kind of teach a large number of characters. PM me or just post.

aww yeah, jamaal.
Your falco got a lot better just by being at my house :D

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to do some of this "improving" I've been hearing everyone say they've been experiencing.

bigman40

Smash Master
I guess I'll relearn Yoshi for the hell of it. Even though both of their styles contradict the **** out of each other, I wouldn't mind having some fun in melee. But I'll also get the hang of Fox, Falco, and Mario like I had on them last i did last time(hell, maybe Bowser for lolz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom