• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Sooooo, any idea when the power rankings will be updated or at least when the panelist will meet?

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Its easy. I can some up the most basic approach for every character in the game in a few easy sentences:
1. Walk to up opponent, if do hadoken, jump over hadoken and come down with a kick if your close enough.
2. Block whatever the **** they do when you get close.
3. Grab.
4. Back up out of they grab range and do light punches to bait a dragon punch or a wake up attack.
5. Block wake up attack
6. Grab.
7. Repeat
8. If by chance you are out of grab range and you can't grab them for whatever reason, spam low sweeps to keep them guessing what to do. We call those mind games

You will beat majority of noobs and random players with ease with this strat. Remember grabbing is the most important thing in the game. If you can't grab, you probably won't win. Walk up grabs work often as well.
Who do you use, Laijin?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
laijin, you can summarize any game with a "strat" like that.

btw here's real life summed up in three easy steps

1) be born
2) work
3) die

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I play Sakura and Sagat.
Welp, based off of your success, i probably can gauge whether i need to bother with SF4 or not. XD

I already am leaning towards not caring cause I love cvs2 sakura too much, and SF4 sakura doesnt have her Dropkick of Justice.

and I actually kinda like Hado-burst for some dumb reason.

Laijin

Smash Hero
laijin, you can summarize any game with a "strat" like that.

btw here's real life summed up in three easy steps

1) be born
2) work
3) die
Your right.
In sense, you can literally play any game like that. I just found that strat to be the most successful for me in SF2 and a little less in SF4 since you can actually tech the ground now.

Welp, based off of your success, i probably can gauge whether i need to bother with SF4 or not. XD

I already am leaning towards not caring cause I love cvs2 sakura too much, and SF4 sakura doesnt have her Dropkick of Justice.

and I actually kinda like Hado-burst for some dumb reason.
Don't base it off my success. I'm not getting the game till the PC version comes out.
So I can't even practice normally.
Her Hadoken is awesome for okizeme if they don't tech, do an ultra, a super, or an ex attack. In other words, you can charge up her hadoken and force them to block it. As long as your out of range of any non-normal attack they can do, then its awesome cause even if they hit you with a normal the hadoken will usually hit them too and cause more damage.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
It was a joke.

___

But why the hell are we even talkin about SF4 in the Power Rankings thread?

I mean ****, there's 2 SF4 threads in the social rooms for it. >.>

tuckerchurch

Smash Rookie
I live in Suwanee and am really trying to get into the Tournament Scene can yall tell me about thing going on from besides WABAPALOOZA:GAMING TOURNAMENT in the summer times any time after may 20th really would be great thanks.

L.A.W

ACE.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I don't think we have any tournaments planned after that one, so far. The Waba monthlies are on the 3rd Sunday (for Melee) of the month. Brawl monthlies are on the same Saturday.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I live in Suwanee and am really trying to get into the Tournament Scene can yall tell me about thing going on from besides WABAPALOOZA:GAMING TOURNAMENT in the summer times any time after may 20th really would be great thanks.

L.A.W

ACE.
Same ace that was at my house playing gear with fullmetal and them?

tubes

Smash Ace
I don't think we have any tournaments planned after that one, so far. The Waba monthlies are on the 3rd Sunday (for Melee) of the month. Brawl monthlies are on the same Saturday.
speaking of waba, I'm expecting anyone who isn't going to HERB to show up to the melee monthly next week. C'mon guys all the best players are going to HERB so it's in your best interest to come next weekend to try to earn some quick cash.

Also they should seriously start having these things on a Saturday on A DIFFERENT WEEK THEN BRAWL. I don't know why they don't do this already.

The Cape

Smash Master
I am in Columbus GA right now for Army training and looking for people to play Melee and Brawl+ with. Anyone be interested?

The Cape

Smash Master
This coming weekend and the one after it are both booked.

My first weekend in April should be open, whats a good place to have a smashfest.

I play mostly Melee and Brawl+ not a huge fan of Brawl.

Laijin

Smash Hero

My first weekend in April should be open, whats a good place to have a smashfest.

My place. Cause i'll be in town mid april. :]
Speaking of which.
GA should host a tournament around that weekend. April 18th sure does look like a good date..

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Im assuming you mean warner robins, and if im not at here, i'll be here. Cause im basically the only person who lives here.

__

More importantly, i think it's hilarious that this thread is really a social thread.

The Cape

Smash Master
Liquid Gen and I were trying to set something up.

Looking to play mostly Brawl+ and Melee.

Dont like Brawl at all.

PB&J

Smash Hero
the cape is in town..wow ur pretty far though..if u get the time next week to come to gwinnet u can play like 20 of us

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Don't like Brawl at all.
That's a shame.

However, some people at CSU are still diehard Melee enthusiasts; you can probably get your fill there if someone brings a setup like they usually do.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Liquid Gen and I were trying to set something up.

Dont like Brawl at all.
liquid gen, man that kid is really tryin to step up. I remember teaching him some melee at that smashfest they had in town, and then I know I saw him on prereg for HERB.

Wish I could actually get ahold of him or something. XD

DP's Mario

Smash Ace

CSU is open for a smashfest. It'll be GREAT there.

And both Melee and Brawl will be going on...Well, whatever. lol

But is this...THE Cape? The one with the Mario from back in the day? =]

The Cape

Smash Master
Yea, Cape Mario.

Mario ***, all that shiz.

I am only open weekends, but I am all for playing anytime. I might be able to this weekend. See whats up.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I'm assuming you mean Columbus State university
Ummm i think something is going down Friday but i wont know till like day of lol

706-315-2791 in case you need to get in touch with me

Davidson center is were we normally smash at so you should swing by XD

The Cape

Smash Master
I would like to get some recording in, and I have some Brawl+ footage to get off my Wii. If I come to CSU tomorrow can someone house me and help me import this stuff please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom