• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Brawl Power Rankings Thread (as of 4/25/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I just want our state to be better. I don't think mk will even contribute to that. I just think if our scene can get more familiar w/ the MU we'll do better OoS. I mean as it stands now, most of our placing seem to be inconsistent except top2. And even when top 5 isn't consistent that's when OoS comes. So, it's not like people picking up MK will really change anything because it seems like the same people under top 2-3 go back and forth in wins anyway.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I mean I guess. Alby you beat me in the MK D3 MU which was completely in my favor. but I won when you went other characters and then MK. What I'm saying is the characters you guys play now already has the PR inconsistent MK or not. So picking up MK to try to help you place better might not work. At least not on another MK main.

We need MK MAINS, not people that can play him as well. I mean that's something I wasn't trying to accept going into Siege. Now I just have to face it, I'm a MK main and I 2nd Ness for MU I don't know because I started w/ Ness for the first 2 years.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well now were becoming more like other states right? We'll also be getting plenty of experience from it for whenever we travel/when people travel here for the waba tourneys.
Won't mean **** really. It'll just mean that we'll be a "little" better at the MK matchup than before. Most of the time we lost in matches was from matchup inexperience from the rest of the top/high tiers or from someone forcing us to play in a way that we can't cope with (like you having to camp). Last thing that adds to it is us failing to play to win (even with the characters we have) and end up doing stupid **** that makes us lose leads or makes us SD.

I just want our state to be better. I don't think mk will even contribute to that. I just think if our scene can get more familiar w/ the MU we'll do better OoS. I mean as it stands now, most of our placing seem to be inconsistent except top2. And even when top 5 isn't consistent that's when OoS comes. So, it's not like people picking up MK will really change anything because it seems like the same people under top 2-3 go back and forth in wins anyway.
Well you know, saying, "I hope we have more MKs next time" isn't a real good way to help, but you guys are playing to win and not holding back, so it's w/e.

Anyways, don't mind stuff I say if you're trying to win and nothing else. It's your choice. My main annoyance is that when people switch from "having fun and giving your all" to "playing to win no matter what" those same people end up making this game like their second/third/w.e job. People end up getting too serious, and forget that it's just a game.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well now were becoming more like other states right? We'll also be getting plenty of experience from it for whenever we travel/when people travel here for the waba tourneys.
:facepalm:

Its strange but it's true...

^^^^^

Im still a wario main.

**** mk.
I'm trying not to resort to MK worth anything. Not just because my MK sucks, but i'd rather gain points by using someone i actually enjoy. No offense to any MK.
I'm gonna be a diddy main
Looks like i've got another MU to learn.

I just want our state to be better.
We're improving in various MUs through the training of many hosted tourneys, and friendlies. It doesn't seem like our state's at a standstill, but nonetheless, we're advancing.

I don't think mk will even contribute to that.
QFT.

I just think if our scene can get more familiar w/ the MU we'll do better OoS.
And spread that GA Salt in the process. There's a ton of MKs topped place 1# in most states (Yay for San :ike:!), and lack of MU knowledge in who-knows-where is really what pins us down. I value the MK MU with Sonic, however, as it's my favorite MU.

So, it's not like people picking up MK will really change anything because it seems like the same people under top 2-3 go back and forth in wins anyway.
This is also true, MK rep left and right completely dims the concept of diversity among the state character pool. I (Not trying to remove the persuasive perspective) want our state to get known for more than MK.
I realized i couldnt get the results i wanted with my zss no matter what i did.
Chaz, you're undeniably the best ZSS i've played. Period. If you can't get results the first time, try. If it doesn't work, try again. Don't leave early on a character that you feel good playing with, and i'm sure you normally do under normalized circumstances.
I realized i couldnt get the results i wanted with my zss no matter what i did.
I know i might sound a bit stupid when i say this, but you can't want something without promising the effort to strive for the desire, no matter what. It's perfectly fine to use MK for match-ups you feel better suited, but it's not okay to attempt to use MK as a bandage to the problem. Your ZSS can get to where you've never thought possible in due time, believe me.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I mean I guess. Alby you beat me in the MK D3 MU which was completely in my favor. but I won when you went other characters and then MK. What I'm saying is the characters you guys play now already has the PR inconsistent MK or not. So picking up MK to try to help you place better might not work. At least not on another MK main.

We need MK MAINS, not people that can play him as well. I mean that's something I wasn't trying to accept going into Siege. Now I just have to face it, I'm a MK main and I 2nd Ness for MU I don't know because I started w/ Ness for the first 2 years.
Well my points still relevant.
Even though I won D3 vs Mk, that matchup is not fun....at all.
I mean I could pick up Mk, and improve my results by a lot, but D3 is fun against 33/36 members of the cast *IC's/Falco/Mk*
If I just wanted better results, I'd put serious time into IC's/Mk, but those characters are ZZZZzzzz. And there's still a part of me that plays this game, because it's fun...

"Chaz, you're undeniably the best ZSS i've played. Period. If you can't get results the first time, try. If it doesn't work, try again. Don't leave early on a character that you feel good playing with, and i'm sure you normally do under normalized circumstances. "~Zatch

"I know i might sound a bit stupid when i say this, but you can't want something without promising the effort to strive for the desire, no matter what. It's perfectly fine to use MK for match-ups you feel better suited, but it's not okay to attempt to use MK as a bandage to the problem. Your ZSS can get to where you've never thought possible in due time, believe me.[/QUOTE]"~Zatch

Chaz been playing ZSS for a good year and a half now, I'm sure he put a lot of effort into the character. It's his decision if he want's to switch to MK for better results.
/lazy

DRN

Smash Lord

Well mk is working for me and i've decided to main him.
Playing W/ Zss/Falco: 2 Years seriously, top 3 once. Consistent top 8 for past like year cept on the special occasions of back to back Lounis/Calvin/Luis.
Playing w/ Mk/Falco: Ive been playing mk for fun for about half a year but have never tried seriously learning him till now. 1st Tourney i got 2nd beating good players(scatt, player-1, Billy, and Neo x). I mean ive beaten these people(sides player-1) before w/ zss but im really inconsistent against them.

@Zatch/to anyone who wants to know why im switching: Ive been playing zss since like 08 and have given it my all every tourney. I have also attended almost every tourney since then besides the few near the end of the summer break this year. The reason i want this so badly is because i feel that after all this time and effort ive put into my character i still dont do that well. I dont feel that im leaving early on her because ive stuck w/ her for so long to see how far i could take her and ive noticed in reality 3rd is prob the highest i would have ever gotten w/ her. I mean heck Michael has been playing mk and has been in the competitive smash community for less time then me and yet he still beats me. I believe he also said he doesnt like zss whereas i love vsing mk, thats sad...... Michael isnt the reason why im switching of course, he just enlightened me some.

@Scatz: Just so ya know Scatz its true im playing to win now i guess but im also having fun doing it. I love playing smash and i especially love the community. While playing though its true i have the most fun winning and seeing how far i can get, if that means mk will take me further then thats what im planning on doing. Now if i get less then top 5/8 in the next couple tourneys i might reconsider but we'll see.

bigman40

Smash Master
I repeat, if you're playing to win then reconsidering going back to ZSS shouldn't be a option when you want to win the most amount of times possible before something happens where you can't play with us for a while and/or have to quit smash for real.

DRN

Smash Lord
I repeat, if you're playing to win then reconsidering going back to ZSS shouldn't be a option when you want to win the most amount of times possible before something happens where you can't play with us for a while and/or have to quit smash for real.
Never said i'd switch back to zss. Im just saying i would reconsider playing only mk or so thats what i meant. We'll see. i doubt ima do bad w/ mk though no matter who i vs.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Never said i'd switch back to zss. Im just saying i would reconsider playing only mk or so thats what i meant. We'll see. i doubt ima do bad w/ mk though no matter who i vs.
So you can actually say you have more fun playing MK as opposed to a yearlong+ ZSS? I'm not talking about placings, records, or winning, i mean in general. If so, please explain to me, why? I'd be intrigued by the answer. I'm not trying to keep you from playing MK, i'm trying to keep you from dropping ZSS as a liable option.

DRN

Smash Lord
So you can actually say you have more fun playing MK as opposed to a yearlong+ ZSS? I'm not talking about placings, records, or winning, i mean in general. If so, please explain to me, why? I'd be intrigued by the answer. I'm not trying to keep you from playing MK, i'm trying to keep you from having ZSS as a liable option.
I cant really say i have more fun w/ one character over another but i can say i get waaaay more frustrated playing zss then playing mk. With Mk i can make dumb mistakes and most of the time i wont be punished for them because of who i am. This is probably one of the main reasons i get ***** w/ zss. If i make a stupid decision such as grabbing at a bad time i might lose a stock. Lounis ***** me when i whiff grabs since luigi can kill me at 70% or less w/ fsmash or upb.

I had fun playing zss because of her silly tricks, priority, and how easy it is to come back when ur behind. I'm also glad that at the time when i started playing her no one else used her so i ended up having to learn pretty much everything on my own. Of course i eventually watched videos to learn even dumber tricks.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Anyways, don't mind stuff I say if you're trying to win and nothing else. It's your choice. My main annoyance is that when people switch from "having fun and giving your all" to "playing to win no matter what" those same people end up making this game like their second/third/w.e job. People end up getting too serious, and forget that it's just a game. [/COLOR]
Well my points still relevant.
Even though I won D3 vs Mk, that matchup is not fun....at all.
I mean I could pick up Mk, and improve my results by a lot, but D3 is fun against 33/36 members of the cast *IC's/Falco/Mk*
If I just wanted better results, I'd put serious time into IC's/Mk, but those characters are ZZZZzzzz. And there's still a part of me that plays this game, because it's fun...

/lazy

Implying I'm not having fun while playing MK? xD.

I know you guys mean well, but tbh if I had owned this game from 08 to now I would've been picked up MK in general.

I do get what your saying Scattz. When people pick up MK they usually expect results and when it does n't happen they wind up quitting cuz they aren't getting what they want. It's like they aren't having fun they're just trying to win. That's not the case here. I like playing w/ MK as well as I want to place higher. I still second Ness, it's just that I don't enjoy playing as a main. For a while I was a Ness main only w/o even using the rest of the cast for fun. I did that for about 2 years so now I'm sorta drained out but I still do love and enjoy playing him as a character. MK as well.

When I said, I hoped that more MK's would show up I was only kidding because I love both the ditto and the MU against Ness. But I only want the best for our state. Since I know I'm staying here now I just want our state to perform better out of state.:(

Oh and Alby I do get what your saying, but I don't @ the same time lol. I mean I enjoy playing d3 and just like grabbing people all over the place and stuff too. But I find that a bit more boring than the rest of the cast xD. I get what your saying though he's your main and it's what you enjoy doing lol.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I didn't imply you didn't have fun playing MK, simply that I don't *Cept the ditto, and even that's frustrating sometimes too*.
/I like Dedede and Falco

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I cant really say i have more fun w/ one character over another but i can say i get waaaay more frustrated playing zss then playing mk. With Mk i can make dumb mistakes and most of the time i wont be punished for them because of who i am. This is probably one of the main reasons i get ***** w/ zss. If i make a stupid decision such as grabbing at a bad time i might lose a stock. Lounis ***** me when i whiff grabs since luigi can kill me at 70% or less w/ fsmash or upb.
I understand what you're saying. You don't like playing MK as much as ZSS, you mean you have to? It's completely understandable why you'd want to use someone better and less liable for major punishing moves, but it doesn't mean you should completely forget the character you've played with since the beginning (I'm assuming).

DRN

Smash Lord
I understand what you're saying. You don't like playing MK as much as ZSS, you mean you have to? It's completely understandable why you'd want to use someone better and less liable for major punishing moves, but it doesn't mean you should completely forget the character you've played with since the beginning (I'm assuming).
Lol like i said in my post i dont really have more fun playing one over the other. I'm not completely forgetting about zss. I mean by playing her up to this point has taught me a lot and i wouldnt be where i am w/o her but i feel its time to move on from her and try my hand at maining mk and focusing on him. I mean the reason i never used him before was because i didnt understand how to use him and so my mk was pretty scrubby but i've learned a lot recently and now like him a lot more because of it.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lol like i said in my post i dont really have more fun playing one over the other. I'm not completely forgetting about zss. I mean by playing her up to this point has taught me a lot and i wouldnt be where i am w/o her but i feel its time to move on from her and try my hand at maining mk and focusing on him. I mean the reason i never used him before was because i didnt understand how to use him and so my mk was pretty scrubby but i've learned a lot recently and now like him a lot more because of it.
I'm glad we've reached an understanding. It's clear now.

Saltix

Smash Lord
LOOK GUYS. It shouldnt be up for devate on Chas switching characters. Why does it matter so much??
It's HIS brawl career, and if he wants to make the smart choice by increasing his win percentage through means of playing a better character, let him. I dont understand why we want reasons and explanations for his actions, or why you guys are trying to get him to stay ZSS. I would like to just say that I am Georgia's original MK main. Chas I must say that I agree with you when you say Michael enlightened you. His reasoning was half the reason I stopped playing Lucario and decided to stay with MK (The other half being his drop in the tier list). OBVIOUSLY Chas you're making the right choice as a competitive player with the drive to actually WIN, so dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I main mk. Didnt u see the results? I didnt even use zss for important matches.

I realized i couldnt get the results i wanted with my zss no matter what i did. I tried getting some help but was pretty much ignored by zss' that i wanted help from. I mean thats my fault of course since i was obv doing something wrong but mk is also fun so its all good.

Whenever u wanna mm i'll use Mk/Falco $5+.
I just read this, but you do know im only trollin right
whe's the last time you've seen my *** at a tourney lol
PS, when you comin up to KSU man?

If anything, I'd want that Falco of yours... he's always given me trouble

Besides only 2 people have ever beaten me in a MK ditto since I began to main him ;)

DRN

Smash Lord
I just read this, but you do know im only trollin right
whe's the last time you've seen my *** at a tourney lol
PS, when you comin up to KSU man?

If anything, I'd want that Falco of yours... he's always given me trouble

Besides only 2 people have ever beaten me in a MK ditto since I began to main him ;)
Gonna be 3 soon :] and a bird

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
my ike is going to beat everyone and I will be number 1 in the pr
except biglou because he obviously cheats

also, MK is a fun character to play but if everyone switches to playing MK for whatever reason smash won't be very fun anymore
I mean how many people here that went to siege actually stayed awake for those metaknight dittos in grand finals?
I know Mk is the best character to choose if you want to win all the time but I'm also somewhat sure that because of that fact most if not all people who play competitively try to learn that matchup first
I always found it more exciting to see a character that people don't play as much do well in tournaments

btw, are there any other PT mains besides reflex? >_>

DJRome

Smash Hero
yeah, i was gonna if u could host around that date. i can't really do anything at home, but i can make a nice stop along the way back

BBQ°

Smash Champion
if I have something at my house, then I can only have a few people.

You
Rayku
BigLou
Dr Pepper
Tubes
Me

if those people came, would it be worth your time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom